Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 2 transfer thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Is Mahrez too much of a rotation risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

shineon23 wrote: »
    Banking but fighting the urge to delay a move for Martial.

I do like an OOP player.

If he remains there he will have to come in but I’d have my doubts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

CSF wrote: »
    If he remains there he will have to come in but I’d have my doubts.

Can't see his position under massive threat. Competition comes in the form of 17 yo Greenwood and an out of form Sanchez. May see a little rotation with Rashford on the left.

He's probably the biggest threat to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

PARlance wrote: »
    Can't see his position under massive threat. Competition comes in the form of 17 yo Greenwood and an out of form Sanchez. May see a little rotation with Rashford on the left.

I think worse case scenario he swaps with Rashford and moves wide left and 7.5 is still good value for him in that position so im fairly confident he’ll be a long term fixture for me barring injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

PARlance wrote: »

Rashford is who I was referring to. Think Rashford is much more of a natural striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I think worse case scenario he swaps with Rashford and moves wide left and 7.5 is still good value for him in that position so im fairly confident he’ll be a long term fixture for me barring injury.
    Biggest problem with Martial has always been his minutes. He's scored regularly when played regardless of position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Biggest problem with Martial has always been his ATTITUDE He's scored regularly when played regardless of position

We will see how things go but I won’t hold my breath
    4th year there
    4th manager
    Dropped by them all for inferior players . Why you must ask.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Simon Mignolet has been transferred in 61 times so far this week now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

How do people think Brugge will fair in the Premiership this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

km79 wrote: »
    We will see how things go but I won’t hold my breath
    4th year there
    4th manager
    Dropped by them all for inferior players . Why you must ask.......
    In France, he has the reputation of not being enough of a hard worker… Not sure how much of it is true but as you said, he's not managed to claim a regular spot there.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Rashford is who I was referring to. Think Rashford is much more of a natural striker.

Watched all of preseason and it looks like both will start and interchange between wide left and central. IF Martial has the right attitude, he'll be nailed on imo. Big IF though.

Martial is much more of a central striker for me over Rashford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Thinking Tielemans - some 4.5 midfielder + Vardy - PEA

Don’t like taking the points hit but I have 3 Leicester players which is too many on reflection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,470 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What are people’s opinions on Rodrigo at 5.5? Sure he’s another City midfielder but is he capable of anything more than 3 points a game? Are there better options out there at 5.5 with good fixtures and decent chance of more than 3 points per game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

What are people’s opinions on Rodrigo at 5.5? Sure he’s another City midfielder but is he capable of anything more than 3 points a game? Are there better options out there at 5.5 with good fixtures and decent chance of more than 3 points per game?
    McGinn and Robinson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Earthhorse wrote: »
    How do people think Brugge will fair in the Premiership this year?

Id bet my house that neither Bruggw nor Mignolet will never concede a goal this FPL season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

iroced wrote: »
    In France, he has the reputation of not being enough of a hard worker… Not sure how much of it is true but as you said, he's not managed to claim a regular spot there.
    For context, this is the same league that voted Hatem Ben Arfa to team of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Shedite27 wrote: »
    For context, this is the same league that voted Hatem Ben Arfa to team of the year
    Yes (*), but I'm not getting your context?

(*) For his 2015-16 season with OGC Nice where he scored 17 goals & 6 assists in 34 games heavily contributing to the club's unexpected 4th finishing spot! But he's not seen as a consistent player in France. And that's not really comparable with Martial. There were huge expectations about Ben Arfa's potential that he never managed to exploit. Martial benefitted from the Premier League cash to get a swollen prize transfer. But even with Les Bleus he failed to cement a starting spot despite exploding at the right time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

He's a Fernandinho/Busquets in progress. He'll offer little beyond 3 points.

iroced wrote: »
    Yes (*), but I'm not getting your context?

(*) For his 2015-16 season with OGC Nice where he scored 17 goals & 6 assists in 34 games heavily contributing to the club's unexpected 4th finishing spot! But he's not seen as a consistent player in France. And that's not really comparable with Martial. There were huge expectations about Ben Arfa's potential that he never managed to exploit. Martial benefitted from the Premier League cash to get a swollen prize transfer. But even with Les Bleus he failed to cement a starting spot despite exploding at the right time

Je pense que le context is a joke at Martial's work rate.
    I.e. If the French, who picked Ben Arfa on a team of the year think that Martial is lazy, then Martial must be very lazy (because Ben Arfa would been seen as lazy as well).

dsmythy wrote: »
    He's a Fernandinho/Busquets in progress. He'll offer little beyond 3 points.

I didn’t see the city game myself. Does he play at the base of midfield? Does he get forward at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I didn’t see the city game myself. Does he play at the base of midfield? Does he get forward at all?

He's Fernandinho basically. Will get whatever points he used to get. Pep even described him as a holding midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

dsmythy wrote: »
    He's Fernandinho basically. Will get whatever points he used to get. Pep even described him as a holding midfielder.

Plus a yellow card magnet

I really wanted to bank the transfer but he is a starter for me unless I sub in Ings instead of him v Liverpool. Mind you he’s gotta go either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bankety bank bank

Likely take a hit next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

With Alisson's injury are people moving out Liverpool defenders?
    I've TAA but I don't know who to get to replace him. I already have aké, digne and zinchecnko.
    If I do move TAA I might also move Vardy and bring in Auba, meaning it's a 5.0 defender plus a points hit. Too much? Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

evil_seed wrote: »
    I've TAA but I don't know who to get to replace him. I already have aké, digne and zinchecnko.
    If I do move TAA I might also move Vardy and bring in Auba, meaning it's a 5.0 defender plus a points hit. Too much? Thoughts?

Too much. Wait a week. Adrian isn't that bad a goalkeeper. Also TAA has potential for goals and assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

evil_seed wrote: »

I have Auba from the start specifically for this week but he’ll be straight outta my team in GW3 with the way things are going. Not sure why you’d spend two transfers on him

Now maybe Emery will bring in Laca and Pepe this weekend and he’ll look amazing but it would take a lot to change my plans

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

McGinn and Robinson

Norwood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Jota to Pukki done.

Had Dendonker in midfield and Jota as Striker, so too many Wolves attacking players. Easy choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Bank

Advertisement