Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tacx Neo Smart Dropout

Options
  • 09-08-2019 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing my neo to drop while in use.

Happened 4 times today, literally just drops for a couple of seconds. And then it's back.

Connected via ANT+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

ANT+ & Bluetooth are on the unlicensed (ie: free to use) 2.4GHz radio spectrum, and as such, are in a very crowded environment, so it could be any number of things around the home (or your neighbours' homes, if they are close).

Some context/possible sources of interference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2.4_GHz_radio_use

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Type 17 wrote: »
    ANT+ & Bluetooth are on the unlicensed (ie: free to use) 2.4GHz radio spectrum, and as such, are in a very crowded environment, so it could be any number of things around the home (or your neighbours' homes, if they are close).

Some context/possible sources of interference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2.4_GHz_radio_use

Bluetooth is off. My wi-fi is 5ghz

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Bluetooth is off. My wi-fi is 5ghz

Its very unlikely to be only 5Ghz.

Doesn't mean it's interference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Interference from something most likely. The TrainerRoad podcast has discussed it a few times, and reckon Bluetooth less susceptible to interference. I think they said they had issues with the office microwave causing ant+ dropouts for them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

connected via ant + to what? a pc? a cycling computer?

some of the garmins had issues with pedal based power meters, going to be worse with a turbo even further back

or if you are using a pc with a plug in usb stick a quick fix would be to get a usb extender cable and move the usb dongle closer

but without knowing what you are actually doing it's tough to say

• Advertisement
Advertisement