Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

Options
  • 09-08-2019 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭

Canceled car insurance almost 4 weeks ago "within the 14 day cooling off period" still haven't received payment back... After calling into their office 3 times, they keep saying cheque will be in the post by Wednesday.... I know I've lost admission fees for canceling but I'm worried that I'll still be charged for the delay on their end, will they charge me for their delay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

You should be charged up until you cancelled the policy within the 14 days. You should not be charged any further. Regarding the delay with the cheque, I would email their head office and see what they have to say about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Have they confirmed cancellation by email or letter?

If they have tell them they have till Wednesday to have the money back to you or you'll do a charge back on your card with the bank. (If you paid by card that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Yes, got an email confirmation that it was canceled, he went into their HO again and they're now saying they sent out a cheque but they'll cancel it and they'll pay the money into his bank account but they wanted bank details, IMIB AND BIC, details, he didn't have them on him, has to go to the bank tomorrow to get that info...... Policy was paid by card. .. I'm fuming, he paid by Card, they should be refund it back to his card.

Advertisement