Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro PC Gaming?

Options
  • 10-08-2019 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭

Are there many on here into Retro PC builds or Arcade emulation Builds....I am super into that stuff but see nothing on here. Am I the only nostalgia nerd???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Are there many on here into Retro PC builds or Arcade emulation Builds....I am super into that stuff but see nothing on here. Am I the only nostalgia nerd???

Retropie and the like probably scratch that itch cheaply enough for most I'm afraid fitz.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

L wrote: »
    Retropie and the like probably scratch that itch cheaply enough for most I'm afraid fitz.

Retro for me is ZX Spectrum and Speculator

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

LGR is a great channel for this.

He built one last week:

The 8 bit guy is well worth a watch too. He even writes his own games for retro platforms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Inviere

Am I the only nostalgia nerd???

Not at all. I've a fairly decent Launchbox/Bigbox setup on mine, with RetroArch doing most of the heavy lifting underneath. LB/BB is an amazing frontend, scrapes all the images, vids, metadata, instruction manuals, etc etc...and you can go from playing Atari 2600, to Colecovision, to Amiga, to the Sharp X68000, to Gamecube, to PS3, and everything in between....all via the controller.

I used to have a specific hardware build for Jamma cabs with 15Khz crt's, but that's going back a bit now.

Advertisement