Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction not warranted....

• 10-08-2019 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

I have received an infraction on the accommodation and property forum, for my posts on the following thread.
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058004335/1

I have not offended or been uncivil to anyone in this thread and if this infraction is not dealt with I will take this further. I do not except censorship when I have done nothing to warrant it.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to the proper forum.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly via PM with the mod who issued the card? That's the first step in the dispute process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this directly via PM with the mod who issued the card? That's the first step in the dispute process

I have yes, I was informed that the infraction is for discussing moderation, which I feel I did not do. One mod claimed I was interrogating the op, simply for asking questions regarding obvious inconsistencies and holes in their story. I stated that I completely disagreed with the assertion that I was interrogating anyone, I feel that replying in thread was correct given that the mod made the accusation in thread. It is telling that the only two posters who questioned the op in that thread are banned, when neither did it in any kind of aggressive or uncivil manner.
    Graham who moderates that forum behaves like a fascist in my view, always censoring or shutting down comment or discussion that does not confirm with his world view.
    Imho, there is nothing even close to warranting a ban on that thread, from anyone, and yet two are banned. It's pathetic really

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Let me just quote a section from the notices at the head of this forum
    Posting abusive comments about a moderator you have issue with will result in further action being taken – this could be an escalation of Infraction to ban or a ban to a category ban - this is at the discression of the CMod(s). Your appeal will be closed and no further appeals on the matter will be entertained. We will not allow people to abuse moderators (or indeed any other members) in this forum.

Do you wish to retract any of your statements above, or shall I just close this thread now?

Let me just quote a section from the notices at the head of this forum

Do you wish to retract any of your statements above, or shall I just close this thread now?

Retract the word fascist only. The rest stands

• Advertisement

terrydel wrote: »
    Retract the word fascist only. The rest stands

I read that as a half-hearted retraction to say the least. At this stage I am still considering whether to allow this appeal to proceed in light of the comments you have made

I read that as a half-hearted retraction to say the least. At this stage I am still considering whether to allow this appeal to proceed in light of the comments you have made

Well I wont be getting down on my knees or begging you, which it seems like you expect.

I know that ban was a pathetic abuse of power and completely unwarranted, I'm comfortable in that knowledge.

Very well

Card upheld

Marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement