Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League 2019/20

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    I disagree with your assertion that FPL makes the rules when it comes to private leagues. Private league rules are decided by the people in the private leagues. FPL simply provides the platform to tabulate the data. And as i've pointed out we don't actually need them in that regard in order to conclude leagues.
    Allowing the people in the leagues to make decisions on the rules of a league after the league has already started (and this scenario was not one that many could have thought to make allowances for in advance) is a recipe for disaster.

As someone who is admin for a fair few leagues a year (both on here and the outside world), there is not a hope in hell I would be making decisions on the fly. In my H2H league on here, I contacted 1st and 2nd pretty much immediately upon FPL's confirmation that H2H leagues had ended to arrange payment. I did not even broach the idea of looking for consensus because that is not fair on the people sitting in 1st and 2nd who are the only people in a position to be offering their prize money back up for winning to the masses.

And I was on 3rd on that league, just outside the bubble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

CSF wrote: »
    Who has ever been asked to individually post their opinion on threads on here? Everyone who is not banned can post their opinions on any topic and are accordingly. With that said, you’d never be able to admin an FPL league by democracy after this league has already started.

And nobody ever suggested that the admin side of it was not possible (although having done it for all the years before this one, I completely understand why it’s a factor for Scorpion Sting).

Rather, people’s opinions are generally (although not always) driven by their personal biases which is why it’s best that all our opinions (Myself as much as anyone) are not the drivers of a decision that has already been made within the game.

For example, I don’t know Claw personally, and I can’t say for 100% certain that this is the case, but my suspicion is that they would not be posting with the same urgency to have the league continued, if they were in 3rd place 1 point above 4.

Trying to come to a specific consensus outside of ‘we’ll follow the rules that the game sets’ is a recipe for disaster.

I do the results for League 2. Your suspicion about me commenting saying
    we should continue would be the same as my suspicion about Shanotheslayer commenting - he is winning League 2. Whose view is more valid :)
    Whatever the final decision, some people won't be happy. The way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭duefrine

Just my 2 cent

I run the 20euro FSA H2H League and on hearing the decision by the FPL to stop administering the H2H leagues, I felt is was the right decision to payout as the league strands...

Got no complaints from anyone in the league....

Even though I am not in the FSA leagues ( trying my best to qualify ) it is the correct decision to finish the league's as they stand..

Just the luck of the draw in this unusual season.....

duefrine wrote: »
    Just my 2 cent

I run the 20euro FSA H2H League and on hearing the decision by the FPL to stop administering the H2H leagues, I felt is was the right decision to payout as the league strands...

Got no complaints from anyone in the league....

Even though I am not in the FSA leagues ( trying my best to qualify ) it is the correct decision to finish the league's as they stand..

Just the luck of the draw in this unusual season.....

Ask someone who has been in the qualifying league and repeatedly missed out the last few years how much they would pay to qualify for League 2 and see is it greater than the prize money:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

claw wrote: »
    we should continue would be the same as my suspicion about Shanotheslayer commenting - he is winning League 2. Whose view is more valid :)

I made a post long before this was announced about following what FPL do for all paid leagues etc. So I can stand by that.

If the league was to continue on and someone manually tracking it, it wouldn't bother me to much tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭duefrine

Ask someone who has been in the qualifying league and repeatedly missed out the last few years how much they would pay to qualify for League 2 and see is it greater than the prize money:D

Very true ðŸ‘

Trying to qualify for at least 4 years and like you say, would pay a sum 💵 to get into the action, so hard to qualify.... We live in hope......

I made a post long before this was announced about following what FPL do for all paid leagues etc. So I can stand by that.

If the league was to continue on and someone manually tracking it, it wouldn't bother me to much tbh!

I follow Liverpool and the nonsense regarding null and void means that I firmly believe that if you start something you finish it. As someone who works in computer science, it beggars belief in 2020 that you can run a fantasy football website and not be able to pause the game in any eventuality. The fact that I dropped into the bottom 3 of League 2 the week before the virus took hold just compounds the situation.

Happy to run League 2 if it was to continue, it it doesn't it doesn't and roll on next season :)

Well I mean, its not that much of a reach of a suspicion considering you literally said your circumstances should be taken into account given how hard it is to get back into League 2.

Well I mean, its not that much of a reach of a suspicion considering you literally said your circumstances should be taken into account given how hard it is to get back into League 2.

I think we have agreed at this stage that people will have different agendas depending on where they are in their leagues at the moment. League 2 is not the same as the other leagues and it is completely disingenuous to say that being relegated from it is the same as being relegated from the Premier League. Not sure why you are labouring the point here.

I think we have agreed at this stage that people will have different agendas depending on where they are in their leagues at the moment. League 2 is not the same as the other leagues and it is completely disingenuous to say that being relegated from it is the same as being relegated from the Premier League. Not sure why you are labouring the point here.

How am I the one labouring the point when people are still offering to do admin for leagues even after SS had already declared them finished?

• Advertisement

How am I the one labouring the point when people are still offering to do admin for leagues even after SS had already declared them finished?

Last word on the subject - I wasn't the one who brought up the idea of continuing them on, manual_man did. SS asked for views and he got mine, amongst others. I said I had no problems with continuing League 2 and explained why. Only one person labouring the point here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ok folks, the decision has been made to end the season with regard to the FSA Leagues.

Congrats to CSF on winning the Premier League.

Please note: If anyone doesn't have an interest in carrying on in this next season, can you please let me know asap. This will make it easier for me to pass the spots down now rather than having lots of spots to fill up after the deadline.

The 20 teams who have qualified for the Premier League next season are as follows:

CSF
    skippy15
    Boots234
    Iused2likebusts
    Benimar
    Scorpion Sting
    Iago
    ronan.h
    thunderdog
    Dearg81
    Swiper the fox
    itsnotmyfault
    Mike Ehrmantraut
    tom_k
    Steven81
    iroced
    Lemlin
    T-b0n3
    km79
    dasa29

Congrats to the 3 who have been promoted and commiserations to those relegated. If spaces arise, the next in line to go up are: wonski, FHFC, dahat, AdpRo, Hogey007 and KevIRL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hung on by the skin of my teeth.

Advertisement