Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

• 10-08-2019 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm Commissioner for the upcoming Fantasy League this season. Just thought I'd create this thread so we can better communicate with each other. I'll PM each of you in due course requesting your E-Mail address so I can invite you to the league. I've seen the names of people that are in the league in the original Fantasy Football thread already, so I'll contact you from there.

When the league is full, we will decide on a Draft Date and time. Looking forward to starting this & kick-off! :D

EDIT: PM's have been sent. If you didn't receive one, do let me know. Thanks.

EDIT: I've also created a poll on the League dashboard. If you can vote on it regarding your preferred draft date/time, that'd be great! We'll have to rock with the majority vote though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

9/16 have joined the league so far, and PM's have been sent. If you're part of D7 and haven't joined up yet, check your emails or PM's. :-)

I'll make the appropriate league settings based on the Boards.ie fantasy rules over the weekend. Any issues, give me a holler.

Please vote on the poll within the leagues 'feed' section on a draft date. Majority vote will be the date and time.

Leagues almost full now, by the way.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I'll do my best to work around whatever time and date you guys want. I'm in Canada (8hrs behind ireland - great for the games, not great for the draft!) and it's a long weekend here so I'll be working but will try work around it once you guys decide on a time

Although if you plan that the draft is at around 6am my time (2pm Irish time) any day of the week, I definitely won't be working at that time so I'll be able to set my alarm and do the draft then

Although if you plan that the draft is at around 6am my time (2pm Irish time) any day of the week, I definitely won't be working at that time so I'll be able to set my alarm and do the draft then

Cool. You can always set up a wish list too before the draft starts, so thst could work if you can't attend!

• Advertisement

DM1292 wrote: »
    Cool. You can always set up a wish list too before the draft starts, so thst could work if you can't attend!

Yeah that's true but plans change very quickly come draft day so it'd be nice to be available to pick guys myself :) So excited for the new season!

I've sent each of you a Message containing a link to vote on the Draft date and time.

I know I done this on the Fantasy Football League's feed too, but many of us only use the NFL app on mobile and the poll isn't visible unless you are using a desktop.

So, check your PM's, if you haven't got one, giz a holla.

I've also set up the leagues settings and divided up the divisions into 4 groups. This is all in accordance with the Boards.ie rules. Just thought I'd give an update in case some of you thought I'd abandoned the league or something!

Go Cardinals.

Looking likely it's going to be a Thursday, August 29th draft at 8pm.

Ill provide more info when everyone (or most) have voted.

Draft will go ahead in Thursday, August 29th at 8pm.

Hope to see you all there, I'll send PM's out at some stage during the week.

60 seconds per pick, and the draft order will be randomised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Good stuff, thanks commish

• Advertisement

Perfect, I'll be able to make it online then :) How does a 16 team format work? Are we split into divisions and then open format for the playoffs? Or how do you normally do it? I haven't done a 16-team league before!

Perfect, I'll be able to make it online then :) How does a 16 team format work? Are we split into divisions and then open format for the playoffs? Or how do you normally do it? I haven't done a 16-team league before!

There are 4 disvisons and the top 6 teams make the playoffs. If you win your division (even if you go .500) you get in. The other 2 teams are the next best record. A bit like Wildcards in the NFL if you will.

Are we definitely going with trade vetoes by league vote? Not a fan of vetoing at all, unless it's actual collusion (which I've never actually seen happen). Bad value trades shouldn't be vetoed, people have different values on different players! And a 2 day wait for other managers (especially with 16 managers!) just slows down the process and means no trades can be done after Thursday any week or Tuesday if your team plays an early game. Trading is fun and should be encouraged, not hindered! Unless you guys have had issues in the past with people colluding?

Are we definitely going with trade vetoes by league vote? Not a fan of vetoing at all, unless it's actual collusion (which I've never actually seen happen). Bad value trades shouldn't be vetoed, people have different values on different players! And a 2 day wait for other managers (especially with 16 managers!) just slows down the process and means no trades can be done after Thursday any week or Tuesday if your team plays an early game. Trading is fun and should be encouraged, not hindered! Unless you guys have had issues in the past with people colluding?

Just going with the settings across all 8 leagues I'm afraid!

Just a reminder we draft at 8pm tonight folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Hi there

I missed the draft so was expecting autodraft but logged in this morning and have no players?

EDIT Says Commissioner has not set a draft time.

Hi there

I missed the draft so was expecting autodraft but logged in this morning and have no players?

EDIT Says Commissioner has not set a draft time.

What's your team name? After checking the matchups, every person's team has players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

What's your team name? After checking the matchups, every person's team has players.

Incognito Chargers.

Commissioner:
    Callum
    League ID:
    Password:
    Boardsie7
    Draft Type:
    Draft Format:
    Standard
    Time Per Pick:
    60 seconds
    Custom Url:
    http://boardsdiv7.league.fantasy.nfl.com

I just logged in an presumed the league would be renewed but it looks like a new draft from scratch?

Incognito Chargers.

Commissioner:
    Callum
    League ID:
    Password:
    Boardsie7
    Draft Type:
    Draft Format:
    Standard
    Time Per Pick:
    60 seconds
    Custom Url:
    http://boardsdiv7.league.fantasy.nfl.com

I just logged in an presumed the league would be renewed but it looks like a new draft from scratch?

Yep, new draft from scratch. The league itself if full.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

first bit of business for the season done. Big trade, Texansesque.

I get Breida , MVS and Darnold.
    Real men wear kilts gets Howard, Sutton and Allen

• Advertisement

evil_seed wrote: »
    first bit of business for the season done. Big trade, Texansesque.

I get Breida , MVS and Darnold.
    Real men wear kilts gets Howard, Sutton and Allen

Seen that. Fair trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Yes fair each way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Seen that. Fair trade.

So fair as to be absolutely pointless 😀
    Are we allowed to sledge a bit here?

All for the sledging. It it makes the league more active then all the better.

Looks like I'm off to a 2-0 start

All for the sledging. It it makes the league more active then all the better.

Looks like I'm off to a 2-0 start

Think this was a fair trade so far. I'm the owner who received Allen, Howard and Sutton and I'm 2-0 as well! Only really wanted Allen, you might be seeing Howard and Sutton on the wire sooner rather than later haha

Also, we play each other this week so something's got to give!

Think this was a fair trade so far. I'm the owner who received Allen, Howard and Sutton and I'm 2-0 as well! Only really wanted Allen, you might be seeing Howard and Sutton on the wire sooner rather than later haha

Also, we play each other this week so something's got to give!

Looking forward to this match up. Hope Allen doesn't come back and haunt me

That was a close match up for a bit, went back and forth but I got the dub. 3-0 start. Well pleased. Anyone up for some trades?

That was a close match up for a bit, went back and forth but I got the dub. 3-0 start. Well pleased. Anyone up for some trades?

I'm in Europe for a bit so didn't get to check the score until the Sunday games were all over. That's the first loss I've had this season in my 4 leagues so well done to you!! Carson's butter fingers and Davante's slow start stifled me a bit. Was surprised you started a TE ahead of Evans but you got away with it!

I'm in Europe for a bit so didn't get to check the score until the Sunday games were all over. That's the first loss I've had this season in my 4 leagues so well done to you!! Carson's butter fingers and Davante's slow start stifled me a bit. Was surprised you started a TE ahead of Evans but you got away with it!

I was all in on the miami tank and dallas running up the score. It just about worked. I tried the same in another league and it failed miserably.

I'm looking for an RB if anyone want to trade

• Advertisement

I think someone wrote to me recently through NFL.com. I can't view messages through the native app, so if they want to inbox me here on Boards then feel free.

I've been in Spain recently so I didn't get back to you, apologies.

Advertisement