Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement options for Subtank mini

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I popped into Euro Giant this eve, I grabbed a couple 10ml @12mg, blackcurrant and lemon sorbet - these ones are 50/50 - tried the blackcurrant in a Caliburn pod and it's not bad - think Ribena, sweet blackcurrant, but plenty of flavour there and it's pleasant enough. The lemon one does smell pretty strong, but not like a bad lemon/polish - smells not far off the over priced Dinner Lady one I had tbh.

I also bought one of the short fills, a Pink lemonade, 50ml for €5 - this one is 70/30, I think all of the short fills are? and smells pretty good - I've added VG and Nic to top up to an 80/20 @4mg and I will actually try this in an RTA. If it's not great it'll get strengthened up and used for the pods only, otherwise I'll split it - do up 20ml or so @12mg for the Caliburn.

I've more juice than I need from DIY but always willing to try others, especially if they're cheap and not terrible. Nothing to lose really. Also it's a PITA for me to make 10ml of higher nic as I only ever buy 100ml bottles for my DIY and know the ratios by heart for my high VG 3mg

All my fruit juice from EuroGiant is 70vg/30pg & in my Pockex's I use 80vg,the Pockex coils are no good for changing liquid,you will never get a true taste on a used coil.

The short fills are 70/30, I think most of the 10ml bottles they had from a different company are 50/50. They also do nic shots - for anyone who's shy about DIY that is a nice cheap option right there, as 50ml short fills are more like €12 min online, even better for those who don't like to buy online.

One thing I will say - I don't like that the short fill juices have colouring in them, at least this pink lemonade does

pOe09Hq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

All my fruit juice from EuroGiant is 70vg/30pg & in my Pockex's I use 80vg,the Pockex coils are no good for changing liquid,you will never get a true taste on a used coil.

A bit of a generalized statement there!? No wonder when your gunky up your coils with HIGH VG.

What coils are you using in the PockeX? 0.6 Ohm or 1.2 Ohm? The 0.6 Ohm is more suited to high vg!

I seemed to have fallen into liking ejuice from 50/50 to 70pg/30vg range on the 1.2 Ohm coils.

I have one hardly used 0.6 Ohm coil, that I might try the 'Cappuccino' with again tomorrow.

Also stated that I used OLD and probably past there usage for testing the liquid.

As for rotating flavors on my coils, never had your problem. There maybe some cross over of flavor on first few vapes. But usually burn that off without inhaling. Except for strong flavors (i.e. Heisenberg) which I reserved one coil for!
    10ml @12mg, blackcurrant and lemon sorbet - these ones are 50/50 - tried the blackcurrant in a Caliburn pod and it's not bad - think Ribena, sweet blackcurrant, but plenty of flavour there and it's pleasant enough.

I also bought one of the short fills, a Pink lemonade, 50ml for €5 - this one is 70vg/30pg ??????? , I think all of the short fills are?

Lucky I didn't pick up a short fills then , see above. I like the 'lemon sorbet'!
    I think most of the 10ml bottles they had from a different company are 50/50. They also do nic shots (€5 for a pack of 4).

I got unlucky with the 'Cappuccino' 70vg/30pg then. Didn't notice they had swapped around the ratios from what I used to seeing when ordering online.

And the brand on the 10mls is 'Original' could not find anything out about it online.

Edit:-

Looks like most 'Short Fills' only come in High VG!

Will need to change my coils to 0.6 Ohm, if ever go down that road of using them.

corkie wrote: »
    A bit of a generalized statement there!? No wonder when your gunky up your coils with HIGH VG.

What coils are you using in the PockeX? 0.6 Ohm or 1.2 Ohm? The 0.6 Ohm is more suited to high vg!

I seemed to have fallen into liking ejuice from 50/50 to 70pg/30vg range on the 1.2 Ohm coils.

I have one hardly used 0.6 Ohm coil, that I might try the 'Cappuccino' with again tomorrow.

Also stated that I used OLD and probably past there usage for testing the liquid.

As for rotating flavors on my coils, never had your problem. There maybe some cross over of flavor on first few vapes. But usually burn that off without inhaling. Except for strong flavors (i.e. Heisenberg) which I reserved one coil for!

Lucky I didn't pick up a short fills then , see above. I like the 'lemon sorbet'!

I got unlucky with the 'Cappuccino' 70vg/30pg then. Didn't notice they had swapped around the ratios from what I used to seeing when ordering online.

And the brand on the 10mls is 'Original' could not find anything out about it online.

If you prefer 50/50 you can just add some PG, I only had to top it up with VG to get it closer to 80/20 which is what I prefer. The Caliburn pods are well capable of handling it, I've yet to have a dry hit and I've been through about 6 pods since I got it.

This pink lemonade is too sweet for me in an RTA, so that'll be going to the pods too - flavor is ok, what you'd expect [I was buying with the missus in mind also, she has a Caliburn too] but as per usual with the cheaper juices they rely on sweeteners far too much

Caliburn: 1.4ohm integrated coil

Strange that the PockeX 1.2 Ohm can't handle high VG or not recommended for it online.

They are similar/comparable to each other?
    usual with the cheaper juices they rely on sweeteners far too much

Not really into over sweet ejuice or very strong flavors. So cheap juice's may not be for me.
    Exception been Heisenberg and Menthol.

88Vape Juices in €1.50 range are 50/50 or high PG, so may try them as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I popped into Euro Giant this eve, I grabbed a couple 10ml @12mg, blackcurrant and lemon sorbet - these ones are 50/50 - tried the blackcurrant in a Caliburn pod and it's not bad - think Ribena, sweet blackcurrant, but plenty of flavour there and it's pleasant enough. The lemon one does smell pretty strong, but not like a bad lemon/polish - smells not far off the over priced Dinner Lady one I had tbh.

I also bought one of the short fills, a Pink lemonade, 50ml for €5 - this one is 70/30, I think all of the short fills are? and smells pretty good - I've added VG and Nic to top up to an 80/20 @4mg and I will actually try this in an RTA. If it's not great it'll get strengthened up and used for the pods only, otherwise I'll split it - do up 20ml or so @12mg for the Caliburn.

I've more juice than I need from DIY but always willing to try others, especially if they're cheap and not terrible. Nothing to lose really. Also it's a PITA for me to make 10ml of higher nic as I only ever buy 100ml bottles for my DIY and know the ratios by heart for my high VG 3mg

I took it for granted that all fruits were 70/30 when I got the shortfills,I had to dig out a magnifying glass to check the 10ml bottles,no wonder I had spit back in my subohm cleito with the 10ml Lemon Sorbet:D:D I must add some vg later.

Never tried the Blackcurrant,I still have a Grape shortfill to try,I might try that in my new Pal II Pro when I pick it up from Eurospars (DPD) later.

Now I know why those 10ml 50/50 fruits work so well with the pod set-ups,this is where the pg shines with taste.

Very hard for me to know how long a coil will last with sweetners in it because I'm vaping well over 40 flavours everyday.

Corkie,,,I don't know how to quote specific posts so I just copy/paste:D:D

I got the vg/pg wrong on the 10ml bottles as you will see above...

I use diy juice 80/20 in my 2 Pockex with 0.6 coils,never tried the 1.2 coils.

I also mentioned in the above post to Cagey that I use many flavours & I'm not sure how long these coils last but I can tell you that I keep the 2 Pockex's in my En Suite & I visit that at least 20 times a day:D:D so will you when you reach my age:D:D
    I've had the Pockex's over a year now & I'm still on my 2nd coil & still working perfectly.

Corkie,,,I don't know how to quote specific posts so I just copy/paste:D:D

I use diy juice 80/20 in my 2 Pockex with 0.6 coils,never tried the 1.2 coils.

I've had the Pockex's over a year now & I'm still on my 2nd coil & still working perfectly.

On mobile just hit the 'up/left arrow reply' button. On desktop use the 'Quote' button or '+"' if you want to quote a few posts.

Surprised your coils are lasting that long, they usually only have a 3/4 weeks lifespan with daily heavy use.

As for the 'Italian Cappucino 30%PG/70%VG', put in the 0.6 Ohm in pockex, and vaping away and it an okay vape, with a nice flavor.

Best eliquid for ecig coils and PG and VG explained
    www(dot)electronic-cigarettesco(dot)co(dot)uk/blog/best-eliquid-for-ecig-coils-and-pg-and-vg-explained_41
    eLiquid blends

70% PG / 30% VG - this blend is higher in PG and it's best for those who enjoy a more intense flavour and throat hit with low to moderate vapour clouds

50% PG / 50% VG - the middle ground between throat hit and vapour

70% VG / 30% PG - VG gives a smoother inhale with a lot more vapour

Also bear in mind, liquids that produce more vapour (those with more VG) will be consumed faster, so you will be filling more often and buying more of it.

As already mentioned, I have gotten into the habit of high PG and 1.2 Ohm coils.

On my Desktop,I know how to use the quote button,I don't know how to quote a part of the post,not the whole post or do I quote the whole post & delete what I don't want to show.

Is that the way it's done.

^^^ That is easy just have a look at the text surrounded with both quotes in brackets and edit out/delete content you don't want to be included.

• Advertisement

I stopped going by recommended ratios years ago, been vaping 80vg/20pg or thereabouts for years and get loads of flavour, of course I make certain of this myself as I DIY

Higher PG will suit pods, and maybe give a kick in flavour but mostly it's for stronger TH. Also higher VG juices tend to be sweeter so often do not require added sweeteners where high PG juices do. They just tend to over do it, I feel like they're putting about 2% or even more sweetener in some of them, where I only ever add 0.5 - 1% max if at all and my juices never gunk up a coil.

Anyways, I tried the lemon sorbet and it's not bad, it's actually got lighter flavour than the dinner lady lemon sherbet salts I had, but not quite as smooth. I still prefer the hit I get from normal nic over salts anyday even if salts are a tad smoother, I find the throat hit not as pleasant

Tried the Grape shortfill from EuroGiant & it tastes like grape & perfume urgh!!! Binned

I wont ever try that one so :D

I upped the pink lemonade to 12mg and it's working nicely in the pods. The over sweetness of the juice is more muted in pods which tastes better

I doubt I'll try many more of them, like I say I still DIY all the time, just wanted to try something else for the pods, but good to know cheap options are there whenever needed.

Sorry for the continued off-topic convo in thread!

Popped into Dealz this afternoon.

Limited selection of High Nic ejuice(16mg), but a good choice for lower strengths

Picked up two bottles.

Fresh Blueberry 70PG: - www(dot)88vape(dot)com/collections/e-liquids/products/fresh-blueberry?variant=19714466906166

Menthol Chill 70PG: - www(dot)88vape(dot)com/collections/e-liquids/products/menthol-chill?variant=19719793049654

Most of the ejuice depends on Nic strength, ratios not labeled on boxes I saw.
    Some I think labeled suitable for all devices (50/50).

Currently trying the Blueberry, it is vape-able and ok. The vape has an after smell that I can't not place. Probably the sweeteners/chemicals burning?

Will try the 'Menthol Chill' tonight and edit post.

Quiet a nice vape, not a sweet menthol like some, kick in the throat,
    not an all day vape because of the kick.

Didn't see any Short-fills, Nic Shots or Salts in the store I was in.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review sites. ##

Looking for €5 50ml short-fills? ~~ (In Cork?)

wickedvapesshop(dot)com/collections/mcb-50ml

Got a McB 50ml - Strawberry Cheesecake yesterday in Wilton, site doesn't say they are short-fills, but bought from shop it was.
    IMG-20180530-WA0007_180x.jpg?v=1530014219

The eurogiant next to it in the shopping centre, didn't have a great selection.
    But did get 2 Nic Shots for €1.50 each. (as mentioned before 4 pack for €5).

Also got a 6mg 88vape Fusion from Dealz recently. Nice and Aniseed is mild!
    A fusion of Mixed Grape sweetness and freshness with a hint of Aniseed and a blast of Menthol. You simply have to try it to believe it.
    fusion_5050_2048x2048.png?v=1556885891

Check youtuber review on this from previous page.

Looking for €5 50ml short-fills? ~~ (In Cork?)

wickedvapesshop(dot)com/collections/mcb-50ml

Got a McB 50ml - Strawberry Cheesecake yesterday in Wilton, site doesn't say they are short-fills, but bought from shop it was.
    IMG-20180530-WA0007_180x.jpg?v=1530014219

The eurogiant next to it in the shopping centre, didn't have a great selection.
    But did get 2 Nic Shots for €1.50 each. (as mentioned before 4 pack for €5).

Also got a 6mg 88vape Fusion from Dealz recently. Nice and Aniseed is mild!

fusion_5050_2048x2048.png?v=1556885891

Check youtuber review on this from previous page.

On the web site you gave for the first one you can choose either 0mg or 3mg - €2.50 extra for the nic

^^^ 6mg is also an option on some ejuices.

^^^ 6mg is also an option on some ejuices.

AH the one I tried just gave 3mg as an option, but it's cheaper to buy 0nic and get the bottle shots in Eurosaver if you have one nearby. Going for 6mg bumps it to 9.99 - still good value and I know some would rather pay a little extra to have the nic pre-mixed

^^^ The site doesn't really make it clear, if it is pre-mixed or just given the bottles + shots to do it yourself.

I presumed it was pre-mixed or they would state + nic shots surely

• Advertisement

I presumed it was pre-mixed or they would state + nic shots surely

Emailed them
    Are the options on site Pre-mixed with Nicotine?

Or are they bottles + separate nic shots posted out.

and got this as a response.
    We sent a separate nic shots if you wish for 3 or 6 mg.

Odd that, they should just say so in the description, because I'm sure there's people who might like the option of going 8 or 12mg, so they would then sell more shots.

I'm glad I still use 72mg nice, don't want to me messing about with these nic shots every time I make up some liquid, but I appreciate they are handy for people who just hate DIY or having o measure or weigh anything

Pick up the mcb-50ml-heizenberg today.

wickedvapesshop(dot)com/collections/mcb-50ml/products/mcb-50ml-heizenberg
    IMG-20180530-WA0006_180x.jpg?v=1530013692

In the shop Nic Shots are €1.50 each.

But bought a 4 pack for €5 in eurogiant.

I personally don't want to get into doing DIY. End up with big quantities of a few flavors? My tastes change, and I go off some after a while.

Haven't gotten around to testing the above yet, to compare with Vampire vapes version yet. Will find out tonight when I sample it without Nic first.

Edit: - Much milder flavor, but better for all day/chain vaping.

Even doing short-fills is something I thought I wouldn't be doing for a while with the low nic levels. But there grand for a chain vaping sessions.

High 18mg, just vape occasionally, 6mg short-fills more regular vaping.

I never waste a drop of concentrate, if I happen to have dribbles left over in a few I experiment, I'll turn it into something - usually it'll still taste way better than anything premixed. But ... because of the pods, that is the only reason for me to ever even consider buying premix - so the cheaper the better.

Got the Candy World strawberry and lime yesterday, have it at 12mg in the Caliburn - it's not bad, can really only taste the lime though, bit like a lime ice pop, not too sweet.

McB 50ml - Bubblegum Blast bought today!

wickedvapesshop(dot)com/collections/mcb-50ml/products/mcb-50ml-bubbelgum-blast

McB_50ml_ZERO_BUBBLEGUM_BLAST_180x.jpg?v=1556292868

Also got delivery of 100ml 72mg NicSalt-B (PG Based) today, so vaping the above at 12mg in Month Old caliburn pod.

If I added 10ml of pg nic salt to a 50ml 70vg/30pg. What ratio is it now at?

Advertisement