Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing a shotgun from The uk

Options
  • 10-08-2019 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I'm trying to get a new shotgun. I found the UK have a lot more choice with better value. How do I go about importing one.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭SureHowBad

I'm trying to get a new shotgun. I found the UK have a lot more choice with better value. How do I go about importing one.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Hi James,

The easiest way to import a gun in from mainland UK, and I’ve brought in a few, is to deal through your local rfd. Once you’ve purchased the firearm, share the details with you local rfd and ask them to apply for the import license. Gun dealers in mainland UK won’t ship directly to the Republic but will ship the firearm to a dealer in the north. The majority of dealers here will have a dealer they do business with in the North so find out which dealer it is and ask the UK dealer to send the gun to them. Once the import license comes through, your local rfd can courier/collect the firearm from the dealer in the North and, when you have your license, collect it from your local rfd. As for cost, from memory it’s around £25 for shipping from UK to the North and the dealer in the North will probably charge a handling fee, say £50. What your local rfd may charge for the paperwork & shipping differs so you’ll just have to ask.

You can apply for the import license yourself but to be honest it’s just easier to go down the route outlined above.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement