Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Media Upgrade from UBEE to new hub?

• 10-08-2019 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've been offered the virgin hub again. I know when VM offered the hub over the last year or so there were problems with it. Have they been resolved now? Is it easy to bridge the hub to a good Archer router for better wifi speeds? Should I keep my current UBEE router and bridge it to an Archer instead or swap it out for the hub?

Any advice appreciated thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

I've actually pulled the trigger and accepted the new hub. Is this a bad idea, should I cancel it and stick with the UBEE for now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Since the release of the latest firmware build its OK, not great, but OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dsagra

yes, Virgin Media recently pushed an update that improved HUB's latency and performances that are now ok.

Also, compared to the older Ubee modem, it can be bridged easily if you're on IPV4 so you can use the router of your choice to connect to Internet.

ED E wrote: »
    Since the release of the latest firmware build its OK, not great, but OK.

Glad to hear it!

dsagra wrote: »
    yes, Virgin Media recently pushed an update that improved HUB's latency and performances that are now ok.

Also, compared to the older Ubee modem, it can be bridged easily if you're on IPV4 so you can use the router of your choice to connect to Internet.

Brilliant, thanks for the info dsagra:D I'll see how I get on with the WIFi speeds first before going down the bridging route:)

I assume one of the Archer routers is still the device of choice for Boardies:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I have Virgin FTTH, which goes RFOG then feeds a hub. Then I have it linked to an Orbi Mesh. Really its an absolutely fantastic product. The latest firmware has dealt with a large amount of the Puma 6 bug. And in practice it isn't an issue, even gaming.

Advertisement