Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Cork Bus with Bikes

Options
  • 10-08-2019 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and the missus are hoping to head out to West Cork with our bikes for a few days of touring. Does anyone know if the 237 route from Cork City to Skibbereen is a proper coach which can accommodate bikes?

Thanks in advance!

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ask in C&T, the bus nerds and BE staff hang out in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If it's a coach they most likely will allow but if it's a normal city bus such as the standard single deck or double deck types then I don't see it been a go....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

That's an expressway service.
    https://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=376 Says it's €10 each way for a bike. I think I'd check with Parnell Place to be sure about availability.
    I don't know if they have a reservation facility for bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

237 is a PSO service, not Expressway.

It uses a proper coach so there is storage underneath.

As already mentioned, it's an extortionate charge of €10 per bike, each way. It's as if they don't want you to bring bikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Has anyone ever tried putting thier bike in a large bin sack to get it on for free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Has anyone ever tried putting thier bike in a large bin sack to get it on for free?

Buy a fold up one and put in a bag.

Advertisement