Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best budget zwift trainer

Options
  • 10-08-2019 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, weather is getting bad and winter is coming so I'm finally looking at setting up a zwift setup. Unfortunately all the trainer's I'm looking at tend to close to the 1k euro range and that's just not doable for me. Is there any decent smart trainer that auto adjusts (gradient, difficulty) with zwift and gives all the readings (power, speed, cadence etc.) For reasonable money? What's the price ceiling for getting a decent zwift trainer? Any help or advice would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

There's a few Tacx that will do the job, Vortex, Flow or Bushido. You'd pick one up off Wiggles eBay page for around €100 or €150. (You need a parcel motel address to see what they sell).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Kickr on that eBay profile for (currently) 150GBP is pretty good. Remember to evaluate noise levels if you have neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Be worth keeping an eye on it but I doubt it will stay near 150

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I got a Tacx Flux for not much more than 400 around Black Friday last year. It doesn't have fantastic reviews reliability wise but has been fine for me for 500km or so. Not sure what budget is but I'd strongly recommend wheel off trainers. Make sure you buy from somewhere with good returns too - Amazon or Halfords seem to be ok

Advertisement