Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They used batons on the crowd the other night. Once the Garda was on the ground the other Gardai got stuck in with the batons I believe.

I would imagine it was because the Garda knew he could be next and that they were totally outnumbered by an unruly mob. More about survival than training.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Sleeper12 wrote:
    You do realise that you can't do that to Irish born citizens? This is the very reason why we have to take back the Irish isis bride and her child. Her child wasn't even born in Ireland

Eh no thanks! Let them be...elsewhere

leestone wrote: »
    Guards get assaulted daily? what are you raving about.
    No they don't thats why people are outraged at this.

Yes they do, every day, & the only reason anyone on this thread are pretending to be bothered by Gardai being assaulted is because the offenders are supposed to be black.
    There's no way a thread on a guard being assaulted would normally be this long. Few pages & the Garda probably deserved it would be the likely story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

bubblypop wrote: »
    Yes they do, every day, & the only reason anyone on this thread are pretending to be bothered by Gardai being assaulted is because the offenders are supposed to be black.
    There's no way a thread on a guard being assaulted would normally be this long. Few pages & the Garda probably deserved it would be the likely story

It's probably because this particular gang roam around in feral packs acting like animals. As lso because there was video evidence of thd assault as the gang whooped along to the frenzy.

It's probably because this particular gang roam around in feral packs acting like animals. As lso because there was video evidence of thd assault as the gang whooped along to the frenzy.

Yep.
    Exactly as I said, people only care because of the offenders, nothing about the poor gardai who get assaulted regularly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,092 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Almost 300 Gardai assaulted in 18 months. Many serious assaults not like this case where he got a minor injury to the face. Why don't we have 300 threads about these assaults? Because we don't fear the white man? Black & white gangs roaming the streets of Dublin yet it's only when black kids are involved that someone posts here.

It should be crime we discuss here & not the colour of someones skin. The racist posts distract from a genuine problem for Dublin. We have gangs of kids of all colours carrying weapons roaming our streets &there seems to be very little the Gardai can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Jebus!! Reading this thread you'd think the Gardai were never involved in a public order scuffle outside a pub in Ireland before black people arrived!! Armed Units?? National News?? LMAO!! Will ye get a grip!! Incidents like this happen up and down the country every weekend and have done so for at least the last 100 years.

This was a 'Back to School' party organised by the kids themselves. My own two were at it. It was attended by 13-16 years olds. Too many showed up and the pub shut it down and poured several hundred pissed off teenagers out on to West St. The Guards showed up and things got way out of hand. Reading this thread you'd think cars were over turned, shop fronts looted, and there were bodies everywhere. By national standards, this was a minor incident but because there were black kids involved, some people want it as the lead story on the six o'clock news!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,000 ✭✭✭Cordell

13-16 yo armed with knives, one guard got his face slashed, minor incident, no big deal, part and parcel as he said.

Cordell wrote: »
    13-16 yo armed with knives, one guard got his face slashed

I did see where one Guard 'suffered minor injuries'. Didn't see anywhere where a guard was slashed. You have a source for this?

The Guards own press release said "A Garda member received a minor facial injury during the incident." which I suspects was caused by a shoe, not a knife. I'm not condoning what happened in any way but lets stick to facts. No Garda was 'slashed' by a knife/blade.

I did not open the photos posted here as I'm quite skirmish about these things, but it was said that they depicted cuts, not other kind of injuries.
    But even if it's like you said, a guard face making contact with shoes means that he was stomped on, which is just as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Scotty # wrote: »
    Jebus!! Reading this thread you'd think the Gardai were never involved in a public order scuffle outside a pub in Ireland before black people arrived!! Armed Units?? National News?? LMAO!! Will ye get a grip!! Incidents like this happen up and down the country every weekend and have done so for at least the last 100 years.

This was a 'Back to School' party organised by the kids themselves. My own two were at it. It was attended by 13-16 years olds. Too many showed up and the pub shut it down and poured several hundred pissed off teenagers out on to West St. The Guards showed up and things got way out of hand. Reading this thread you'd think cars were over turned, shop fronts looted, and there were bodies everywhere. By national standards, this was a minor incident but because there were black kids involved, some people want it as the lead story on the six o'clock news!

What did you want the pub to do with the hundreds of 13 to 16 year olds that turned up at their premises for a party that the pub didn’t organize?
    And, what did you want the Gardai to do with them after that? Are you suggesting that they were out in the road behaving themselves when the cops came on and started attacking them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Why are 13-16 year olds having a party in a pub? You let your 13 year old out drinking in a pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Why are 13-16 year olds having a party in a pub? You let your 13 year old out drinking in a pub?

Is this an actual serious question?

Do you need a minute to think about it again?

Boggles wrote: »
    Is this an actual serious question?

Do you need a minute to think about it again?

Yes. It is a serious question. The posters 2 children between the ages, of 13-16 where at it.

.... . My own two were at it. It was attended by 13-16 years olds....

Yes. It is a serious question. The posters 2 children between the ages, of 13-16 where at it.

Because events for teenagers are frequently held in places that serve drink, that doesn't mean they get served drink.

I take it you don't know any teenagers that ever went to a disco or a party?

Because events for teenagers are frequently held in places that serve drink, that doesn't mean they get served drink.

I take it you don't know any teenagers that ever went to a disco or a party?

I know lots of children who go to discos and parties and manage to have a good night get home without beating up gardai. But the those patents give a **** about where there 13 year old is and what they are doing.

I also know there are bad parents out there who don't give a toss if there 13 year old is out being feral and beating up gardai.

It wasn't an special event for teenagers. It was a pub on a Friday night where they pretended to book an 18th party.

But even if it's like you said, a guard face making contact with shoes means that he was stomped on, which is just as bad.
    I'm not trying to belittle the incident. It was disgraceful behaviour anyone found guilty should face the full brunt of the law. Thankfully, as soon as they were put out my kids called me and I went down and took them home straight away.

What I'm saying is that it did not warrant the 'Armed Response Unit' as has been called for several times in this thread. Nor is it worthy of national headline news as has also been called for in the thread. In the grand scale of things, it was a minor incident that started and finished within a few minutes and no one was seriously hurt.

Gardai, Ambulance Crews, Firemen, Dublin Bus, Trains, etc, etc , have been getting attacked by youths for years and years. It's not a new problem brought about by immigrants.

I know lots of children who go to discos and parties

Really? Why were you so shocked that a 13-16 years olds would be in a pub so? and why were you adamant they had to be drinking?
    It wasn't an special event for teenagers. It was a pub on a Friday night where they pretended to book an 18th party.

Was it?

Well the person who said his kids were at it said it was a back to school party?

Who do I believe? Hmmmmmmm.

My kids attend teenage (no alcohol) disco's in Drogheda all the time. Usually held in a local Nightclub. They are dropped off and collected from the door. I thought this was another one of these events. I didn't know til after that it was kids themselves that had organised it. A mistake I won't make again.

Really? Why were you so shocked that a 13-16 years olds would be in a pub so? and why were you adamant they had to be drinking?

Was it?

Well the person who said his kids were at it said it was a back to school party?

Unaccompanied 13 year olds in a pub on a Friday night, yes I am shocked. It wasn't a private function. The person whis kids where at it didn't actually know their kids where at it until afterwards, so believe who you like.

• Advertisement

What I'm saying is that it did not warrant the 'Armed Response Unit' as has been called for several times in this thread.

What does it warrant then? A slap on the wrist? A fine? A good telling off?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Footage appearing online of a Gang of youths consisting of mainly 'New Irish' violently attacking Garda in Drogheda. The footage of the riot was shared on social media, which showed groups of young men kicking the Guard in the head whilst lying on the ground.

Text accompanying the footage included phrases such as
    "good enough for em f*cking pigs"
    "they done skinny bop on the pigs head"
    "love to see it"
    "grabbing niggas for fun"

https://www.facebook.com/TheLiberal.ie/videos/1138767152988287/

https://www.facebook.com/TheLiberal.ie/videos/385784742136971/

Are these f*ckwits trying to pretend they're like London gangs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Granadino wrote: »
    Are these f*ckwits trying to pretend they're like London gangs?

Yes. That includes the carrying of a knife. Balbriggan is now a breeding ground for violent and angry young men. Who are black.

Unaccompanied 13 year olds in a pub on a Friday night, yes I am shocked. It wasn't a private function. The person whis kids where at it didn't actually know their kids where at it until afterwards, so believe who you like.
    You're not listening.

It WAS a private function. It may have been booked as a Birthday Party rather than a Back to School party but I don't know anything about that. As far as I was concerned, it was a back to school party. Loads of them being run around the place at the moment.

Of course I knew my kids were there, I brought them to it. What I didn't know was that it was organised by kids.

Underage disco's are run all the time in pubs and nightclubs. It's not the least bit unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You allowed your kids attend a pub, for a back to school rave. Knowing it would be full of “13-16 year olds”?? That’s some first class parenting right there.

What does it warrant then? A slap on the wrist? A fine? A good telling off?
    I'm not sure what the correct protocol is when faced with a large group of teenagers is but I'm sure (or at least I hope) it's not shotguns and assault rifles at the ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Was it?

Yes who to believe, the pub owner or a randomer off the internet??? Hmmmmmmmm

You're not listening.

It WAS a private function. It may have been booked as a Birthday Party rather than a Back to School party but I don't know anything about that. As far as I was concerned, it was a back to school party. Loads of them being run around the place at the moment.

Of course I knew my kids were there, I brought them to it. What I didn't know was that it was organised by kids.

Underage disco's are run all the time in pubs and nightclubs. It's not the least bit unusual.

Trouble broke out after large numbers of teens descended on the pub for what was claimed to be an 18th birthday party.

Things turned violent inside the venue before spilling onto the street outside around 9.30pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/five-arrested-and-garda-viciously-assaulted-after-public-order-incident-at-drogheda-pub-38392037.html

It seems your children can spin you any old **** and you'll believe them and then come on here defending a 13 year old being in a pub on a Friday night. It's your responsibility as a parent to know where they are. A quick glance in the Internet would have told you if an under 18 event was happening there or not, but maybe it was too much bother for you to check?

Did your children not leave when trouble kicked off inside?

You allowed your kids attend a pub, for a back to school rave. Knowing it would be full of “13-16 year olds”?? That’s some first class parenting right there.
    LOL, Where do you think teenage disco's are usually run?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

What I don't understand is how are house prices everywhere in Dublin so crazy when this stuff is happening all over? How bad must the rest of Europe be if people would still rather live, rent, and buy here?

Advertisement