Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

You allowed your kids attend a pub, for a back to school rave. Knowing it would be full of “13-16 year olds”?? That’s some first class parenting right there.

I suppose you got to allow them a piss up to celebrate getting in to 2nd year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Scotty # wrote: »
    LOL, Where do you think teenage disco's are usually run?

I’d be sure to check out where it was and who was organising it before sending a 13 and 16yo on their way to it. You hardly need to be Poirot. A+ on the parenting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Unaccompanied 13 year olds in a pub on a Friday night, yes I am shocked. It wasn't a private function. The person whis kids where at it didn't actually know their kids where at it until afterwards, so believe who you like.
    You seem easily shocked and fixated on the pub part of it rather than it being an event location. There is a very long list of places that also ordinarily serve alcohol but still hold underage events. The pub's preparation for it may be open to question but ultimately it's the behavior of a small minority.

is_that_so wrote: »
    You seem easily shocked and fixated on the pub part of it rather than it being an event location. There is a very long list of places that also ordinarily serve alcohol but still hold underage events. The pub's preparation for it may be open to question but ultimately it's the behavior of a small minority.
    Have you got a flyer, poster or any link where the pub advertised this underage event?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Children are little bolloxes. That's all we know

• Advertisement

Have you got a flyer, poster or any link where the pub advertised this underage event?

No, but I see no facts coming from you but it doesn't stop you pontificating into the ether. As stated earlier local clubs running no-alcohol discos are not a rarity.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Children are little bolloxes. That's all we know
    This is true but one or two good ones can turn the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

A 13 year old at an 18th birthday with the booze flowing. And 50+ black youths from a balbriggan gang (who are known for carrying knives, despite what posters on here that dont even live in Ireland reckon!)
    Yup, has all the makings of a good night out, who could'a guessed anything would happen!! You'd have to be psychic!

No, but I see no facts coming from you but it doesn't stop you pontificating into the ether. As stated earlier local clubs running no-alcohol discos are not a rarity.

So what local club was it run by?

So what local club was it run by?
    Is there an actual purpose to this line of questioning or is this one of those you don't know so I'm right fallacies? Scotty# mentioned the clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,000 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'm not sure what the correct protocol is when faced with a large group of teenagers is but I'm sure (or at least I hope) it's not shotguns and assault rifles at the ready.

No, definitely not, let's agree on some middle ground here, something like tazers to make everyone happy. Something like this should be met with some heavy handed guards in large numbers - if anyone needs to visit the A&E it should not be the guards.

Is there an actual purpose to this line of questioning or is this one of those you don't know so I'm right fallacies? Scotty# mentioned the clubs.

Interesting

Interesting

Q.E.D. God bless the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Cordell wrote: »
    No, definitely not, let's agree on some middle ground here, something like tazers to make everyone happy. Something like this should be met with some heavy handed guards in large numbers - if anyone needs to visit the A&E it should not be the guards.
    Fully agree that the Gardai should be issued with tasers. In fact if they had them, this incident would most likely not have gone as far as it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

So last year becomes 7 years ago and we get a story about gardai “investigating possible links”. Laughable.

Discount the Chinese part if you want. Still leaves the other examples.

It was an analogy, I picked a random African name and a random African country. But better to completely miss the point when you can score semantic points. Bravo.

Translation: "I don't know or care about the difference between black peoples and you are the bad guy for pointing out my ignorance."

I'm not sure what the correct protocol is when faced with a large group of teenagers is but I'm sure (or at least I hope) it's not shotguns and assault rifles at the ready.

Yeah, but you are looking at the teens as people, the posters who suggest shooting them see them as less than.

Fully agree that the Gardai should be issued with tasers. In fact if they had them, this incident would most likely not have gone as far as it did.
    Earlier in the thread someone mentioned paperwork and the Garda Ombudsman investigations as reasons why they don't. Not sure using a taser on under 18s would go down very well anyway.

Tasers wouldn't be used in this situation even if they were issued. They are not appropriate for large public order incidents.

Earlier in thread someone mentioned paperwork and the Garda Ombudsman investigations as reasons why they don't.

They'd probably get sued if 13 year old little johnny was tasered at a rave he lied to his parents about going to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,000 ✭✭✭Cordell

MrFresh wrote: »
    Tasers wouldn't be used in this situation even if they were issued. They are not appropriate for large public order incidents.

It's the deterrence of having them - "I won't be acting the maggot because my butt will get tasered"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Cordell wrote: »
    It's the deterrence of having them - "I won't be acting the maggot because my butt will get tasered"

Sure isnt that what all the kids are into nowadays, knives and butt-tasering.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So many euphemisms running around in here for faux outrage that a pub ran a teenage event - I haven’t seen one word of complaint, then, that the pub held the event; the cranks pushing this narrative about a teenage rave don’t seem to have any intention, if a pub was serving the underage, to hold the staff and license holder accountable? The venue itself is not evidence of underage drinking.

Danzy wrote: »
    Moyo is a bit of a ****.

They've set up a little petition - Here's the blurb.

Moyo Badun was racially profiled, beaten and threatened by the Gardaí. This behaviour cannot be condoned. The Gardaí role is to create law and order and to serve and protect, neither are ongoing. The gardaí should be ashamed of themselves and are an utter disgrace to the country and its people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Overheal wrote: »
    So many euphemisms running around in here for faux outrage that a pub ran a teenage event - I haven’t seen one word of complaint, then, that the pub held the event; the cranks pushing this narrative about a teenage rave don’t seem to have any intention, if a pub was serving the underage, to hold the staff and license holder accountable? The venue itself is not evidence of underage drinking.
    To be clear, the pub did not run the event. The event was booked by kids. Apparently as a Birthday party but actually as a back to school party.

To be clear, the pub did not run the event. The event was booked by kids. Apparently as a Birthday party but actually as a back to school party.

Licence holder still responsible for making sure underage kids aren't drinking alcohol on the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well if the staff still did their jobs they didn’t get served alcohol

Did you bring your children to the Gardai to make a statement? They might be able to give them so gome good info about who organised it, how they heard about it, and help identify some of the trouble makers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

It should be done like they do it in Poland and other Eastern European countries, kick their asses first and ask questions later. That would soon stamp out this behaviour

I hope moyo got a hiding in the cells

Advertisement