Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Did you bring your children to the Gardai to make a statement? They might be able to give them so gome good info about who organised it, how they heard about it, and help identify some of the trouble makers?

Very good and interesting question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

It should be done like they do it in Poland and other Eastern European countries, kick their asses first and ask questions later. That would soon stamp out this behaviour

I hope moyo got a hiding in the cells

Doesn't work. Just breeds contempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

What did Moyo do again? Did he organise the event or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

MrFresh wrote: »

I don't care if it breeds contempt from 'the new irish' they can go elsewhere if they don't like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

JayZeus wrote: »
    I'd hope some good 'old fashioned' policing is brought into play once they get the little scumbags into the back of a patrol car and down to a cell. Good enough for them.

'good old fashioned policing' is criminal, corrupt and gives other scumbags legal authority.

• Advertisement

I don't care if it breeds contempt from 'the new irish' they can go elsewhere if they don't like it

You might not care, but the Gardaí who become the targets of this contempt most certainly do. Isn't that with this thread is supposed to be about? Concern about attacks on Gardaí?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭10fathoms

A lovely race doing what they do best

Is this what successful integration looks like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Did you bring your children to the Gardai to make a statement? They might be able to give them so gome good info about who organised it, how they heard about it, and help identify some of the trouble makers?
    Myself and the kids spoke to the Gardai at the scene. Through my involvement with local sport, many of the local Gardai would know me and my son quite well. A statement was not requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Because subjugating a class of people you decided is inferior, historically, always works out well for the subjugator

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The level of contempt these kids have for the Guards etc is at a new level.

Your not talking about Ballyer youths.

Culture and values matter.

• Advertisement

You might not care, but the Gardaí who become the targets of this contempt most certainly do. Isn't that with this thread is supposed to be about? Concern about attacks on Gardaí?

I think the vast majority of people are fed up and sick of the lawlessness going on at the moment, I'm almost certain people would be in favour of the Gardaí becoming more heavy handed instead of driving around in rainbow cars. There's definitely an appetite for a more tougher police force here, especially in Dublin.

10fathoms wrote: »
    A lovely race doing what they do best

Drinking and rowing in the streets? Thats the Irish for you.

Overheal wrote: »
    Because subjugating a class of people you decided is inferior, historically, always works out well for the subjugator

They don't need me to do it for them

Danzy wrote: »
    The level of contempt these kids have for the Guards etc is at a new level.

Your not talking about Ballyer youths.

Culture and values matter.

No, they don't have anything on Ballyers

I think the vast majority of people are fed up and sick of the lawlessness going on at the moment, I'm almost certain people would be in favour of the Gardaí becoming more heavy handed instead of driving around in rainbow cars. There's definitely an appetite for a more tougher police force here, especially in Dublin.

But it doesn't work. Doesn't really matter what the appetite is.

The problem with these children is the culture and values they are raised in at home.

The boys are treated like little kings who can do no wrong, always right, until they do something for which the living **** is beaten out of them for.

Add in a culture where there is no respect for women, other people, the Law, work, education and we are where we are.

That's just your opinion MrFresh. Dublin is a cesspit of crime at the moment and most people want action.

That's just your opinion MrFresh. Dublin is a cesspit of crime at the moment and most people want action.

It’s always been a cesspit of crime, you’re just now noticing because you’re a racist about the whole thing

The problem with these children is the culture and values they are raised in at home.

The boys are treated like little kings who can do no wrong, always right, until they do something for which the living **** is beaten out of them for.

Add in a culture where there is no respect for women, other people, the Law, work, education and we are where we are.

Also add in the 'all Irish people are racist' mentality that they all seem to have

It’s always been a cesspit of crime, you’re just now noticing because you’re a racist about the whole thing

I'm racist about the whole thing?

I'm not quite sure what you mean

Also add in the 'all Irish people are racist' mentality that they all seem to have

The irony of this post is delicious

• Advertisement

Yeah it's my opinion based on policing on the front line in a bad area for a decade.

We're talking about travellers now right?

Yeah it's my opinion based on policing on the front line in a bad area for a decade.

Nowadays kids are not afraid of the Gardaí whatsoever because of a watering down of the Garda as a police force over the past 15 years or so. Growing up you'd get a smack of a torch if you even dared to get cheeky with a guard. These days you regularly see kids throwing rocks etc at Garda cars and the guards don't even get out of their cars anymore.

No no no, just the colored people keep up :rolleyes:

Nowadays kids are not afraid of the Gardaí whatsoever because of a watering down of the Garda as a police force over the past 15 years or so. Growing up you'd get a smack of a torch if you even dared to get cheeky with a guard. These days you regularly see kids throwing rocks etc at Garda cars and the guards don't even get out of their cars anymore.

Kids in these areas have never been afraid of Gardaí. I remember 15 years ago getting rocks thrown at me by kids who couldn't have been more than twelve in Harelawn. You are looking at the past through some serious rose tinted glasses.

No no no, just the colored people keep up :rolleyes:

Wait, what? We allow coloured people in Ireland now?

I feeling like singing old trad songs while crying on my bodhrán.

You could be as well.

Look at the problem that has caused with and for travellers and those near them.

Compounded by a culture of inbreeding, that is unique in many ways.

Culture and values matters.

Kids in these areas have never been afraid of Gardaí. I remember 15 years ago getting rocks thrown at me by kids who couldn't have been more than twelve in Harelawn. You are looking at the past through some serious rose tinted glasses.

We used to do it just to get chased by the gardai. Not a black fella among us.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You could be as well.

Look at the problem that has caused with and for travellers and those near them.

Culture and values matters.

I've read this 4 times and still :confused:

Is it just me? Am i missing the message?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

We used to do it just to get chased by the gardai. Not a black fella among us.
    But you all had black hearts!:D

Advertisement