Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

MrFresh wrote: »

Because when those kinds of things are implemented properly they work.

It hasn't worked in the US,UK France , Germany , Spain,Italy , Sweden , Norway , Denmark or other European countries

what makes you think it will work here ,

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gatling wrote: »
    How do we Safe guard people from the imported wannabe bloods or crips exactly .

There has been next to nothing from yourself other than tusla and community policing .

Do you think the only wannabe bloods/crips in Ireland are all minorities?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It hasn't worked in the US,UK France , Germany , Spain,Italy , Sweden , Norway , Denmark or other European countries

Whats your enlightened solution then

splinter65 wrote: »
    It’s like FGM and the Muslim attitude to homosexuality,

Which is what exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

What makes you think it hasn't worked in those places. To the best of my knowledge it was very effective in the UK until massive funding cuts.

• Advertisement

and - eh - those threads DID get started and as you just said, all of that is happening in Drogheda - and most of which is caused by the same black gangs.

What is this rubbish?
    You think that the ongoing feud in drogheda is 'black gangs '????
    LOLZ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Most likely, because that would indicate a minority being targeted based on their race. But there would not be a witch hunt for white men with a similar background to the perpetrators.

So.....the reaction from the left to the abuse of vulnerable children is entirely subject to the colour of the abused children.
    Abused children a minority? Response from the left:
    Outrage...demands for resignations...protests in the streets.
    Abused children white British? Response from the left:
    Silence.
    Then you appear to be offended that lots of people in the north of England are now very wary of large groups of Sth Asian men and want vulnerable children protected from them in particular.
    This based on the fact that 100% of the groomers rapists and abusers were Sth Asian.
    This is a “witch hunt” according to you and wouldn’t happen if the men were white.
    But they weren’t white.
    Why can’t we call a spade a spade?
    Why can’t you do the right thing and just condemn the attackers and condemn the ideology that created the abuse?

To the best of my knowledge it was very effective in the UK until massive funding cuts.

I believe your wrong .

Take the knife crime epidemic in the UK mostly black on black gangs ,most from estates that have been essentially no go areas for decades and getting worse .
    But you claim it worked or was working .

It's safe to say it's never worked

So.....the reaction from the left to the abuse of vulnerable children is entirely subject to the colour of the abused children.

No, but the reason they are targets is important to know.

Abused children a minority? Response from the left:
    Outrage...demands for resignations...protests in the streets.
    Abused children white British? Response from the left:
    Silence.

But they weren't targeted because of their race, they were targeted because of specific vulnerabilities. We know this because of the investigations. And those vulnerabilities and what caused them are where the focus and outrage should have been. If they had been targeted because they were white specifically

Then you appear to be offended that lots of people in the north of England are now very wary of large groups of Sth Asian men and want vulnerable children protected from them in particular.
    This based on the fact that 100% of the groomers rapists and abusers were Sth Asian.
    This is a “witch hunt” according to you and wouldn’t happen if the men were white.

I don't believe racial profiling works or is fair. Simple as that really. Nothing to do with being offended.

But they weren’t white.
    Why can’t we call a spade a spade?
    Why can’t you do the right thing and just condemn the attackers and condemn the ideology that created the abuse?

I've regularly condemned the attackers.

I believe your wrong .

Take the knife crime epidemic in the UK mostly black on black gangs ,most from estates that have been essentially no go areas for decades and getting worse .
    But you claim it worked or was working .

It's safe to say it's never worked

I'm basing my opinion on an interview I listened to with a retired policewoman who outlined how it was working and how it began to fail after cuts to spending.

Overheal wrote: »
    Do you think the only wannabe bloods/crips in Ireland are all minorities?

In this case yes .

From what I've seen personally gangs of 20-30 youths all black all dress a certain way and believing they are in living in cromton ,

There are local white gangs, Romanian gangs , Eastern European gangs too,

• Advertisement

I'm basing my opinion on an interview I listened to with a retired policewoman who outlined how it was working and how it began to fail after cuts to spending.

Yeah right .

It's never worked going back decades and here's you I saw an interview with one police woman who said it did work ,

Yeah right .

It's never worked going back decades and here's you I saw an interview with one police woman who said it did work ,

Here it is, The segment on gangs starts on the last hour and is worth a listen. The police officer in question is at 2:37 if you want to skip to it.

As I mentioned already, I also worked as a Garda in rough areas for over a decade. I've seen the benefits of these programs. I worked with a fantastic Juvenile Liason Officer for a while. She was well liked and respected by the local youths. She wasn't successful with everyone but she definitely made a difference. Not to mention she could pretty much identify any young lad on cctv if they were from the area and have them in the station in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-fire-brigade-13-4763237-Aug2019/

Heres some salt of the earthers attacking firemen yesterday.
    Fair enough thinking the garda are scum etc but firemen? Its not like they've ever harmed anyone.

I did like this post but then what's with calling the Garda fair game? For a few bad eggs?

No, but the reason they are targets is important to know.

But they weren't targeted because of their race, they were targeted because of specific vulnerabilities. We know this because of the investigations. And those vulnerabilities and what caused them are where the focus and outrage should have been. If they had been targeted because they were white specifically

I don't believe racial profiling works or is fair. Simple as that really. Nothing to do with being offended.

I've regularly condemned the attackers.

So the Sth Asian rapists should not be the focus of our anger. It’s not fair to blame them. It’s racist to blame them. Don’t look at them look over here at the social deprivation which resulted in young shire girls being taken into care.
    Let’s blame everyone else in particular the white middle class men and capitalism that is to blame for everything.
    These men of Pakistani origin cannot be held accountable for their own actions and sending them to prison is inappropriate.
    Cuts in spending are to blame for 1000s of Asian men treating 1000s of young white British girls like disposable pieces of meat. Nothing to do with the men’s culture.
    If it was the cuts in spending and nothing to do with their culture and their religion then why weren’t their 1000s of white British men raping girls as well?

So the Sth Asian rapists should not be the focus of our anger. It’s not fair to blame them. It’s racist to blame them. Don’t look at them look over here at the social deprivation which resulted in young shire girls being taken into care.
    Let’s blame everyone else in particular the white middle class men and capitalism that is to blame for everything.
    These men of Pakistani origin cannot be held accountable for their own actions and sending them to prison is inappropriate.
    Cuts in spending are to blame for 1000s of Asian men treating 1000s of white British girls like disposable pieces of meat.
    I see.

Not sure why you quoted me. What you posted has no similarity to what I posted. I do notice you are still having a struggle with separating the offenders from people who look like them. That's a shame.

Not sure why you quoted me. What you posted has no similarity to what I posted. I do notice you are still having a struggle with separating the offenders from people who look like them. That's a shame.

Let’s see.
    You said that the real blame for the girls being raped doesn’t lie with the culture and religion of the rapists but with the spending cuts that caused the social deprivation that caused the girls to be in care in the first place. (In other words Tory party economics).
    I won’t even attempt to point out the many hypocrisies in that notion ( I thought the only person to blame for a rape was the rapist mr fresh?!?).
    I just want you to explain why, if spending cuts were ultimately to blame for the attacks, that only one race and one culture and one religion did the attacking?

Let’s see.
    You said that the real blame for the girls being raped doesn’t lie with the culture and religion of the rapists but with the spending cuts that caused the social deprivation that caused the girls to be in care in the first place. (In other words Tory party economics).
    I won’t even attempt to point out the many hypocrisies in that notion ( I thought the only person to blame for a rape was the rapist mr fresh?!?).
    I just want you to explain why, if spending cuts were ultimately to blame for the attacks, that only one race and one culture and one religion did the attacking?

Where did I say any of that?

Cuts in spending are to blame for 1000s of Asian men treating 1000s of young white British girls like disposable pieces of meat.

Did you honestly just say that .

What should the UK do with these asian pedophiles exactly being you don't want to hold them accountable and you want don't send them to prison

Where did I say any of that?

Who is to blame for the 1000s of girls raped and brutalised and why are the rapists from one culture and of one race and one religion?

Who is to blame for the 1000s of girls raped and brutalised

The people who committed or facilitated the crimes.

and why are the rapists from one culture and of one race and one religion?

I'm sure there's a few contributory factors but my best guess is it started with one group and spread through social groups that overlapped. There's a lot of precedent for particular crimes been confined to homogeneous immigrant groups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I would agree funding is a big part of it, however I think the reason most are against investing in these areas is because it seems like there is too much carrot and not enough stick.

If I was to guess why it seems like certain groups are exempt, it's due to them understanding how much rigor of the law will be thrown at them.

If there are very little negative consequences to what you do then why would you stop any bad behavior? We see it with our own home grown scum.

Are these people impacting upon the Fleadh in Drogheda this week? They're expecting 500,000 visitors in the town again this year, according to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Who is to blame for the 1000s of girls raped and brutalised and why are the rapists from one culture and of one race and one religion?

Do you mean Irish catholic priests ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Are these people impacting upon the Fleadh in Drogheda this week? They're expecting 500,000 visitors in the town again this year, according to this.
    Nah, be so many cops around, nothing will happen. It should be incident-free like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

Was queueing to get into a pub Tuesday night n there was 8 or 9 black lads on the street corner. They had 3 cops right beside them for the duration til i got in. They'd want to be fairly thick to kick off anything, there is loadsa cops around. Plain clothes etc.

Definitely the safest week of the year to go to drogheda!

gctest50 wrote: »
    gctest50 wrote: »

No I’m talking about the 1000s of Pakistani origin Muslims who raped 1000s of girls in the north of England?
    Why? Are the Muslim gangs not of any interest to you at all, or is it that you don’t think the Muslims are as bad as the paedophile priests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Scotty # wrote: »
    Has this thread not got to do with crime in Drogheda? Ahh sorry, we diverted from berating black people for a minute. We'll get back to it soon and you can feel right at home again.

The thread is about the black gang, who firstly set up a rave by lying to a publican about a birthday, who then assaulted the Gardai in Drogheda. What sort of parents let their kids out to this sort of thing, especially if all of the perpetrators were "minors".
    Eye witnesses at the scene said that they were not local and had "north county Dublin" accents.

Nothing to do with Dundalk. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The thread is about the black gang, who firstly set up a rave by lying to a publican about a birthday, who then assaulted the Gardai in Drogheda. What sort of parents let their kids out to this sort of thing, especially if all of the perpetrators were "minors".
    Eye witnesses at the scene said that they were not local and had "north county Dublin" accents.

Nothing to do with Dundalk. :rolleyes:

christ man you need lessons on how to communicate in the 21st century.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

is_that_so wrote: »
    Nah, be so many cops around, nothing will happen. It should be incident-free like last year.
    Town Centre entrance on Sunday afternoon apparently. You're never going to get that many people in one area and be completely incident free.

https://twitter.com/FBGtunji/status/1160869894096924673

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Scotty # wrote: »
    Town Centre entrance on Sunday afternoon apparently. You're never going to get that many people in one area and be completely incident free.

https://twitter.com/FBGtunji/status/1160869894096924673

Thats some " man" kicking a woman already fighting on the ground ,

the apex of humanity has been reached and we are on he way back down

Advertisement