Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Eye witnesses at the scene said that they were not local and had "north county Dublin" accents.

Nothing to do with Dundalk. :rolleyes:

The chap seen in the video being bundled into the car after being arrested, and has been named several times in this thread is from Dundalk. He's lived there all his life.

In Drogheda, which is 10 minutes from 'north county Dublin' there is a HUGE north county Dublin population. I live on a row of 8 houses and 5 of us are from north county Dublin. All our kids have north county Dublin accents. There are thousands of kids who live in Drogheda that have north county Dublin accents. It doesn't mean they are not local.

And to be honest, I'd be very surprised if those hardened, knife wielding, terrorising (and lets not forget black) criminals you keep going on about about would be arsed attending a kids back to school party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Scotty # wrote: »
    The chap seen in the video being bundled into the car after being arrested, and has been named several times in this thread is from Dundalk. He's lived there all his life.

In Drogheda, which is 10 minutes from 'north county Dublin' there is a HUGE north county Dublin population. I live on a row of 8 houses and 5 of us are from north county Dublin. All our kids have north county Dublin accents. There are thousands of kids who live in Drogheda that have north county Dublin accents. It doesn't mean they are not local.

And to be honest, I'd be very surprised if those hardened, knife wielding, terrorising (and lets not forget black) criminals you keep going on about about would be arsed attending a kids back to school party.

Jesus Scotty, you still haven’t figured it out yet. Did your kids tell you it was a back to school party?? It was an illegal rave set up under the pretence of an 18th birthday party.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Town Centre entrance on Sunday afternoon apparently. You're never going to get that many people in one area and be completely incident free.

https://twitter.com/FBGtunji/status/1160869894096924673

Not much of an incident really and there is a particular cohort you can always rely on to deliver!

Jesus Scotty, you still haven’t figured it out yet. Did your kids tell you it was a back to school party?? It was an illegal rave set up under the pretence of an 18th birthday party.
    LOL, tell me, what's the difference between a 'legal rave' and an 'illegal rave'. Between you and I, one of us was at the venue that night and one wasn't. Which of us do you think would know a little more about what went on? Do you not think if the kids wanted to organise an 'illegal rave' they would have chosen somewhere just a tiny bit more discreet than a private function room on West St full of security staff and barmen. You're winding me up now aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

LOL, tell me, what's the difference between a 'legal rave' and an 'illegal rave'. Between you and I, one of us was at the venue that night and one wasn't. Which of us do you think would know a little more about what went on? Do you not think if the kids wanted to organise an 'illegal rave' they would have chosen somewhere just a tiny bit more discreet than a private function room on West St full of security staff and barmen. You're winding me up now aren't you?

You believed some fairytale about it being an underage disco for 13-16 year olds and didn't bother checking it out. It was illegal because it was booked under false pretenses and the majority were under 18. You know the legal age to drink alcohol is 18 don't you?? Or have your kids told you that the law was changed to 13 and you believed them?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You know the legal age to drink alcohol is 18 don't you?? Or have your kids told you that the law was changed to 13 and you believed them?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Things might be different in North county Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Y You know the legal age to drink alcohol is 18 don't you??

Fun fact.

It isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,000 ✭✭✭Cordell

It's illegal to serve, or purchase on behalf of minors.

It was illegal because it was booked under false pretenses
    Maybe we should call in the armed response unit again?

Boggles wrote: »
    Fun fact.

It isn't.

Actually it is .

Unless it's consumed in the home with parents consent.

Can't legally buy it or drink it in public places or pubs or clubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

What bar was it?

Hoboo wrote: »
    What bar was it?
    The Grey Goose.

Which is actually a fine pub. They just got caught out on this one. I very much doubt anyone under the age was served alcohol. They'd be quick to get ID. If so many people hadn't turned up it probably would have gone off without a hitch.

Gatling wrote: »
    Actually it is .

You mean, I was right it isn't.

The Grey Goose.

Which is actually a fine pub. They just got caught out on this one. I very much doubt anyone under the age was served alcohol. They'd be quick to get ID. If so many people hadn't turned up it probably would have gone off without a hitch.

Upstairs is possibly the nicest bar in town. Were they sent to the D then? Or is that just more local nonsense.

Upstairs is possibly the nicest bar in town. Were they sent to the D then? Or is that just more local nonsense.
    First I've heard of it. My two called me right as they got chucked out and I went down and brought them home. It was all over by the time I got there maybe 5 mins later.

First I've heard of it. My two called me right as they got chucked out and I went down and brought them home. It was all over by the time I got there maybe 5 mins later.

Was told there was too many so they were sent to the D. Same person said the Weaver's so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

You mean, I was right it isn't.

No you claimed it wasn't .

Which was actually wrong nice try but no

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Thats some " man" kicking a woman already fighting on the ground ,

the apex of humanity has been reached and we are on he way back down

Good. The softly softly approach and the pussification of Irish society can take the blame for this one.

I'm delighted to see carnage on the streets. More please

You know the legal age to drink alcohol is 18 don't you??
    No you claimed it wasn't .

Which was actually wrong nice try but no

You are arguing with yourself lad, which is quite amusing. :)

Was told there was too many so they were sent to the D. Same person said the Weaver's so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
    I was told by another parent that the doors were being closed at 8 and if you weren't in by then you weren't getting in. Maybe that's why people were being sent elsewhere or why trouble started in the first place. I really don't know though.

• Advertisement

You are arguing with yourself lad, which is quite amusing. :)

Just pointing out your wrong .

More fun

Actually it is .

Can't legally buy it or drink it in public places or pubs or clubs
    Just pointing out your wrong .

More fun

You've already pointed out yourself that what weldoninhio said was incorrect.

Regardless, no one is claiming that kids were drinking or that drunkenness was an issue.

Regardless, no one is claiming that kids were drinking or that drunkenness was an issue.

Could well be an issue ,I'm sure any legal defense will involve drinking a can of Dutch gold and Loss of memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Wait for the "gang from Balbriggan" posts.

Gang for Balbriggan?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

lola85 wrote: »

Only a matter of time before young lads start to carry knives. The police are already "operating on a shoestring budget". They can't control the situation
    It's natural progression. The video of the attack will start to make its way around WhatsApp like it usually does.
    My money is on the Balbriggan crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Didn't they rob and beat up a group of Italian students a week or two ago in portmarnock as well

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Which They?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Only a matter of time before young lads start to carry knives. The police are already "operating on a shoestring budget". They can't control the situation
    It's natural progression. The video of the attack will start to make its way around WhatsApp like it usually does.
    My money is on the Balbriggan crew.

Haven't they slashed a few people's faces already?

Advertisement