Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slowcooked beef roast

Options
  • 11-08-2019 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

What's the quickest time to slow cook 1.7kg roast beef please? Was hoping it wouldn't take more than 6 hours. Should I cook on low for 6 hours or high? There's also a medium dial although I never notice medium in any recipe. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Go low, about 140/50

Put a little water in the bottom of the tray and foil over it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Cat_M wrote: »
    What's the quickest time to slow cook 1.7kg roast beef please? Was hoping it wouldn't take more than 6 hours. Should I cook on low for 6 hours or high? There's also a medium dial although I never notice medium in any recipe. Thanks.

I would go for the 6 hours on high. I would only use low if I had 10-12 hours cooking time for a big joint. It does depend on the strength of the settings in your slow cooker though. Nothing really seems to cook in my current slow cooker (an Instant Pot) on any setting except high!

Also make sure you sear your roast all around in a hot pan beforehand so it gets some good colour - otherwise it may look boiled and grey! Good luck.

Advertisement