Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLOSING PRIVATE ACCOUNT

Options
  • 11-08-2019 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am trying to contact the call center from abroad, but when the option "personal or business account" is given, the call blocks and doesn't let me go further. I have a question regarding the closure of a personal account. The situation is a little bit complicated since I lived in Dublin in 2014-2015, then I moved and didn't have any movement on that account since then, but I never closed the account, hence my question is after several years of not usage of the account, does it get closed by itself? Are there yearly fees for the account even if there are no money movements? On top of that, after so many years I've lost my pin and ID user number hence, I cannot log in into the 365 anymore. What can I do to close the account? Thank you in advance, Anna Battistutta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi AnnaBA,

Welcome to Boards, thank you for getting in touch.

There would continue to be the €5 quarterly maintenance fee regardless of the activity on the account.
    For information on your account your can send a letter to your account holding branch including a contact number, certified copy of your passport and a proof of address.

You can find the address for your branch here.

Alternatively your can contact our customer service team on 0035314044000 from abroad.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement