Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

visatorro wrote: »
    That advice goes for anyone in a relationship they aren't happy In. Man or woman. It takes bravery to stand up to someone. It's not straight forward for alot of people.

Agree with all the lads & lasses have already said. Had a big blow up in this house over 20 years ago. I always kept quiet about stuff and let OH have his own way over most things - easier than arguing. But one day we 'disagreed' big time over parenting our eldest and I turned on him! It was the best thing ever happened. Cleared the air, made him realise there were two in the relationship, eldest can still remember it and she thanked me not that long ago.
    We are married over 23 years at this stage and it never happened again, and hopefully will never need to.
    Everyone can be grumpy/have a bad day, but don't lie down and become a doormat, that makes for an unhealthy life going on as stuff like that can fester.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Holiday shopping.
    Big break in tradition and heading to Italy and Croatia rather than France.

Just booked my first ever Ryanair flight 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

KatyMac wrote: »
    Agree with all the lads & lasses have already said. Had a big blow up in this house over 20 years ago. I always kept quiet about stuff and let OH have his own way over most things - easier than arguing. But one day we 'disagreed' big time over parenting our eldest and I turned on him! It was the best thing ever happened. Cleared the air, made him realise there were two in the relationship, eldest can still remember it and she thanked me not that long ago.
    We are married over 23 years at this stage and it never happened again, and hopefully will never need to.
    Everyone can be grumpy/have a bad day, but don't lie down and become a doormat, that makes for an unhealthy life going on as stuff like that can fester.

I think it’s some level of post natal depression- she gets like this. Has her wrist hurt and let it build in pain for almost a week til we had to bring her to the dr last night at 8- prescribed tablets and not taking them as it’s not bad enough for them.

To make this better, a power steering hose has burst/loosened somewhere near the consol of the tractor so I’ve to go stripping. Cattle had to get hay last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What's the name of the form you fill out when sending cattle to the factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭emaherx

whelan2 wrote: »

We normally ask you questions like that :D

• Advertisement

It's ok I found some in my jeep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭visatorro

Shows my ignorance when it comes to killing stock. I didn't know there was one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

It's ok I found some in my jeep

Was it the form called "make sure the ifa don't take any of my cheque"?

Bullocks wrote: »
    Was it the form called "make sure the ifa don't take any of my cheque"?

I dont even know what the form is called as the top bit is missing on my copies

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I'm confined to the house today, the dreaded winter cold has set in and my head + stomach are swimming. I got sick of the bed so went and slept on the couch for the last few hours, woke up feeling a bit better but my back and hips are now killing me. The better half is as understanding as could be expected but I'm a lousy patient tbh. I don't know how single people or those with small children cope with being unwell, I've my own nurse/purveyor of sympathy here with me and it's still a struggle atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Is it just me or did anyone else notice a bit of a stretch this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I dont even know what the form is called as the top bit is missing on my copies
    FCI form - Food Chain Information. Here is a link -

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/foodchaininformation/

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Hagimalone

What's the story with that form, never seen or heard of it before.

Hagimalone wrote: »
    What's the story with that form, never seen or heard of it before.

We have to fill it in and hand it in when offloading at the factory. The form I have is similar to that one but 2 sides to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ah there ya are. I was thinking you got lost

ah I've been keeping an eye on ye. just been a hectic few months Reggie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

We have to fill it in prior to loading cattle for the factory. The form I have is similar to that one but 2 sides to it.
    FYP.
    The link that I posted is the official Dept of Agri FCI form that all factories use and it clearly shows both pages (front and reverse) in A4 format.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Bullocks wrote: »
    Is it just me or did anyone else notice a bit of a stretch this evening?

I was thinking the same myself !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

For tax purposes, when you send cattle to the factory, are they accounted for the day they are killed? So if tomorrow they account for 2019 though the cheque wouldn’t arrive until the new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

For tax purposes, when you send cattle to the factory, are they accounted for the day they are killed? So if tomorrow they account for 2019 though the cheque wouldn’t arrive until the new year?

I would assume the day they are killed as that is surely what's on the docket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭Water John

What do accountants do with milk, supplied in Dec and paid 18th Jan? Long time since I milked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Water John wrote: »
    What do accountants do with milk, supplied in Dec and paid 18th Jan? Long time since I milked.

Down as money owed for Dec so part of the years accounts. It's the date of sale not when the money is recieved/ lodged

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

See the government bringing forward legislation to ban the sale of petrol/diesel cars in ten years.

Just virtue signaling from a political party who can’t see beyond the M50

Easy promising something for 10 years time when you mightn’t be in power in six months 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Water John wrote: »

Do whatever ya did last year.

I posted a card and some scratch cards to my brother and his wife in July for their wedding anniversary. They live about 10 miles away. I had the house number right but the estate wrong. They didn't get the card until today. 5 months later. At the time there was alot going on here and I sealed the envelope with Christmas sticky tape which said don't open until December 25th. I wonder where it was for 5 months. They won 10 euro on the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

_Brian wrote: »
    See the government bringing forward legislation to ban the sale of petrol/diesel cars in ten years.

Easy promising something for 10 years time when you mightn’t be in power in six months 🙄

A lot changes in ten years, just look at smart phones, tablets, how we watch tv now. Rate of change will only get faster, for better or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

_Brian wrote: »

Really need to have a provincial and federal government set up back home, like out here what might be accepted in the west wont be accepted in the east eg better fire prevention management in WA and essentiallynone in NSW

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Thanks Moo, then animal sale should be treated the same way. They are sold in Dec, so it's money owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

Any recommendations on the best calf milk replacer out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Really need to have a provincial and federal government set up back home, like out here what might be accepted in the west wont be accepted in the east eg better fire prevention management in WA and essentiallynone in NSW

Ireland is too small for another layer of bureaucracy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement