Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

tanko wrote: »
    It costs about €200 to get a flask topped up with liquid nitrogen four times a year. Dovea do it for €175 if you buy €150 worth of straws every three years off them.
    I'm not sure how much a new flask costs now but i'd imagine its multiples of these figures.

Is that €50 per fill or €200 per fill?
    €150 worth of straws every 3 years isn’t too bad considering you could pay up to €30 for a straw

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Water John wrote: »
    Say My Name, went there for 2 years but it's hard to listen to the same Minister speech and no progress. So didn't go this year.

Went 2 years in a row and didn't go this year or last. Feel the same as yourself, listening to ministers waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Good stuff. How do you time AI? Do you stick to 8 hours after standing heat?

Try to stick around 12 hours after standing heat but would have done a few around 18 hours after and they seem to have held.
    Having animals thriving and in good condition is the most important thing i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Is that €50 per fill or €200 per fill?
    €150 worth of straws every 3 years isn’t too bad considering you could pay up to €30 for a straw

I did the course with PG but Dovea and Dunmasc genetics do them too i think. I don't know if that course in Fermanagh allows you to do Ai here, best check with the department i suppose.
    It's €50 (approx) per fill, €200 would be crazy money. It's not a bad deal at all with Dovea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Bought a new pair if wellies for myself today. Went with Bekinas. Any good? Time will tell the tale l suppose!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Muckit wrote: »
    Bought a new pair if wellies for myself today. Went with Bekinas. Any good? Time will tell the tale l suppose!!

Bit late asking are they any good now, MuckIt!
    Heard good enough reports though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I found they used to split at the little toe but that might be due to extra wear while feeding for the winter. Comfy wellies though and not as prone to sweating during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Have 3 pairs here now all leaking. Got a pair of muckboots in the post yesterday. Hopefully they last a bit longer. Super comfy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Oh has been wearing the same set of Bekina steplight wellies for the last two Winters and they don't leak. They are the only make of wellies that he has any comfort with as he a problem with a heel spur.
    I also have a pair but I seldom wear them as I prefer to wear steel capped work boots around the yard.

As an aside it's difficult to find a suppler that sells smaller sizes to suit ladies feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

The house dog was killed on the road yesterday the kids are extremely upset. it is a bad end to their holidays. I miss the little fecker myself to be honest.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

grassroot1 wrote: »
    The house dog was killed on the road yesterday the kids are extremely upset. it is a bad end to their holidays. I miss the little fecker myself to be honest.:(

That’s tough, kids get very attached to pets. My daughter lost one of her cats a while back and misses it desperately still.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

grassroot1 wrote: »

Was in the same boat 2 months ago. There was an exclusion zone of 10 feet around me for about 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    Was in the same boat 2 months ago. There was an exclusion zone of 10 feet around me for about 3 days

Did you get another dog?

whelan2 wrote: »
    Did you get another dog?

Yeah have her about 2 weeks now

Ah she's a dote

Ah she's a dote

Insists on sleeping on my work clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Grueller

Identical to our house dog. Hope she doesn't turn out as noisy as our little sh1te.

What do you call a room with no windows or doors?

A mushroom

10 acres to cut for FIL while hes on holidays. Wet all day but suddenly great drying out now with gale winds.

Should I chance cutting tonight and dry out with the wind or leave till tomorrow and let it try to dry standing. A good bit has lodged tho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

10 acres to cut for FIL while hes on holidays. Wet all day but suddenly great drying out now with gale winds.

Should I chance cutting tonight and dry out with the wind or leave till tomorrow and let it try to dry standing. A good bit has lodged tho
    I always find this a good model and site when making decisions.

https://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twodata/arpege.aspx

• Advertisement

I always find this a good model and site when making decisions.

https://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twodata/arpege.aspx

Just after looking at it there now. Its bloody saturated so will wait till the morning. Might have dried out abit by the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Just after looking at it there now. Its bloody saturated so will wait till the morning. Might have dried out abit by the morning

Jus cut a bit on top of a hill, leaving the lower bit till tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Just giving the jeep the once a yr clean out for the DOE Test tomorrow morning. Waiting for over a fortnight to get it tested. Last time i got a booking for 2 days later. Booked over the phone. Would online booking get me a test faster? How quick can ye get a test?

ganmo wrote: »
    Jus cut a bit on top of a hill, leaving the lower bit till tomorrow

Ah feck it. I'm quit now :D

Just giving the jeep the once a yr clean out for the DOE Test tomorrow morning. Waiting for over a fortnight to get it tested. Last time i got a booking for 2 days later. Booked over the phone. Would online booking get me a test faster? How quick can ye get a test?

Just realised mine is out of date . Feck. 13/08

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Good Lord. She's the cutest thing ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

What breed of dog is she Reg?

What breed of dog is she Reg?

Shes a jack russell and abit of a show off at times

How does she get on with the kids?

• Advertisement

How does she get on with the kids?

Great except she keeps trying to eat the trousers off the young lad. Once he gets abit more height he ll be fine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement