Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Pod123

Stupid question but what's this joiner called?

20200113-181829.jpg

This particular one pictured is 1' 1/4 to 1 inch. But what's the particular name for this joiner.

*And for any smartarses like myself it's not Fred or Jane.

Their called a geeka fitting
    Make sure you don’t get the air fittings that you see on large jackhammers or compressors as they don’t interchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Pod123 wrote: »
    Their called a geeka fitting
    Make sure you don’t get the air fittings that you see on large jackhammers or compressors as they don’t interchange.

As it's alright on the air fittings. I'm using it for a water volume washer.

No wonder I couldn't find it anywhere online searching for water fittings.
    Thanks again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Thanks for bumping up the posts about Geko fittings Blue.
    It's a connection we're all very appreciative of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

data centers when up and running are minimal labor requirement and maximum energy draw

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

No source, incl shipping and airlines should get a free pass. If we are saying carbon emissions are causing climate change, then all sources need to be measured accurately. If a source uses 100% renewable energy, then its carbon output may well be zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭toleratethis

Election Saturday 8th of Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Election Saturday 8th of Feb

No day off school...

Water John wrote: »
    No source, incl shipping and airlines should get a free pass. If we are saying carbon emissions are causing climate change, then all sources need to be measured accurately. If a source uses 100% renewable energy, then its carbon output may well be zero.

Should any carbon that's released to the atmosphere in the manufacture of the renewable energy plants and the materials used and the recycling/disposal of those materials be included in the accounting of renewable energy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Sorted the car insurance today. Was with Aviva and their renewal quote wasn't too bad (less than last years premium anyway). Searched around, and An Post were coming in 8 quid cheaper. Rang Aviva anyway to do the usual dance to get the extra "discount". Me thinking after being a loyal customer for 3 years now there'd be some small amount extra to be saved. Nope. Girl on the phone said that's the price, take it or leave it. I left it. Rang An Post, got another 20 off just for ringing.

I thought that an 8 euro difference would see Aviva at least price match it. No interest in it at all. Lost a few hundred for the sake of 8 quid. Doesn't seem like a good business model to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Should any carbon that's released to the atmosphere in the manufacture of the renewable energy plants and the materials used and the recycling/disposal of those materials be included in the accounting of renewable energy?

Yes, all emissions should be measured in Life Cycle Assessments which covers all outputs and uses in manufacturing.

And a credit should go to Agriculture for its absorbing CO2 to produce food. In reality, Agricultures net emissions are much smaller than the 30% gross emissions figures used but we wouldn't want to show where the problem actually lies, would we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Sorted the car insurance today. Was with Aviva and their renewal quote wasn't too bad (less than last years premium anyway). Searched around, and An Post were coming in 8 quid cheaper. Rang Aviva anyway to do the usual dance to get the extra "discount". Me thinking after being a loyal customer for 3 years now there'd be some small amount extra to be saved. Nope. Girl on the phone said that's the price, take it or leave it. I left it. Rang An Post, got another 20 off just for ringing.

I thought that an 8 euro difference would see Aviva at least price match it. No interest in it at all. Lost a few hundred for the sake of 8 quid. Doesn't seem like a good business model to me!

Like most businesses in Ireland nowadays - they don't give a damn about the customer, or retaining the customer, or have much you've paid them in the past

The word loyalty is literally redundant now in business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

wait until this crowd get into power. ban on live exports and end of the derogation

We might as well pack it in now

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/news/politics/green-party-calls-for-ban-on-live-exports-and-a-review-of-nitrates-derogation-38857596.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Panch18 wrote: »
    wait until this crowd get into power. ban on live exports and end of the derogation

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/news/politics/green-party-calls-for-ban-on-live-exports-and-a-review-of-nitrates-derogation-38857596.html

Foot in mouth springs to mind with those toads.
    Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I says wrote: »
    Foot in mouth springs to mind with those toads.
    Ffs

Shower of bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Panch18 wrote: »

Is this surprising?

I would have thought the general consensus is live exports are on borrowed time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Is this surprising?

I would have thought the general consensus is live exports are on borrowed time?
    In reality it is on borrowed time. If the vegan/animal activists get their way like they did with the ferry companies servicing England and Wales then live shipping will come to an end here as well irrespective of how well DAFM oversee the health, safety and welfare of livestock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Base price wrote: »
    In reality it is on borrowed time. If the vegan/animal activists get their way like they did with the ferry companies servicing England and Wales then live shipping will come to an end here as well irrespective of how well DAFM oversee the health, safety and welfare of livestock.

If they were that worried about the welfare of livestock it’s strange that they have never shown concern about halal slaughter😬

• Advertisement

Is this surprising?

Doesn't mean people should roll over and just accept whatever fate the loonies want to impose on the rest of the population either though.
    If a farmer in the Netherlands or wherever wants to buy my stock then I'd take some pride from that. It's not in mine or theirs interest that it doesn't arrive there well and good. And going on the livestock exporters reports seemingly they do. But sure that doesn't matter nowadays.. We're supposed to be ashamed of it. Well nah I'm not. I've just pride.

The trouble is nowadays a lot of "gaslighting" goes on by those with no skin in the game and who wouldn't know a hogget from a wether such is their ignorance of farming and how to bring money in and food out. Their solution is to end exports and give an even greater monopoly to the factories which would put more livestock producers out of business. But that's always been blatantly obvious as the people who come up with these ideas want a total end to livestock production in this country.

Since when I was born and raised on the farm I was exposed to life and death on the farm and it was no secret that bills were able or maybe not be paid based on the livestock going out the gate to market or the factory. I've heard opponents of live exports speak but if you drill down most are not from farms or if they were never had to rely on livestock for a living and never knew a poor day in their life.
    I've heard many are vegans too based on what they perceive livestock go through in their lives. They put their own health at risk over what they perceive an animal goes through. That's not sanity. And again they don't have the real world experience of caring and farming those animals.

Should people in general kowtow to this new thinking being imposed on us? I'd say no.
    If we do there'll be no dog racing, no pigeon keeping, no horse racing, jumping, showing, hunting, no fishing, no pet ownership and definitely no animal farming. Trouble is indeed kowtowing is happening and every year more ground is being gave to the "loonies" and indeed I've no better word for them as their vision of a life is completely different than mine. And I'm always right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Fresh bread for the morning 😋

20% wholemeal, 5 different seeds. Pumpkin, sunflower, chia, flax and sesame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Is this surprising?

I can't see what the fuss is about live exports, sure pets and horses are exported live all the time. Whatever about them, the derogation is definitely only a matter of time despite our mainstream agricultural voices doing their best impressions of King Canute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

Strange one. There was a thread yesterday on the main forum about Probooks that I got an email notification for but when I went to reply to it I got message saying 'invalid thread'.
    Anyone see this before or know what happened. Bit of a mystery to me ?

Local atm raided again. Apparently they were intercepted. Was done 2 months ago too

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Local atm raided again. Apparently they were intercepted. Was done 2 months ago too

Ye must have some money up there

They seem to be making a point of wanting that atm.

They seem to be making a point of wanting that atm.

Gardai are busy around here this last few days with shootings, body parts and atm raid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭emaherx

Gardai are busy around here this last few days with shootings, body parts and atm raid

Did you try another big withdrawal?

• Advertisement

emaherx wrote: »
    Did you try another big withdrawal?

Going away for the weekend ,need the cash

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement