Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    So the farmers journal have started the fork, sprong,pike debate. Robbed from here again....

Slow news week

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    Nearly there

Lists will be written soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Got a blowout on the 10ft Ifor tonight
    There’s a second not that great
    Currently I’ve 600’s but would like all 650’s as easier on the Jeep
    Would 2 650’s on the back and 2 600’s on the front be a bad idea for a few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Anyone considering finding a cave in the mountains to live as a hermit for a year or so till Wuhan blows over?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Anyone considering finding a cave in the mountains to live as a hermit for a year or so till Wuhan blows over?

Nope, it seems to be a fairly low risk strain.
    IF the Chinese are telling the truth re. numbers dead, ( which I doubt) then its low risk.
    Instead of a cave in the mountains, I'm swopping to Indian takeaways for a while......

• Advertisement

I'm going all walking dead and building up a fence around the place. News this morning says that it cant be contained and chinese know very little about it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭straight

I'm going all walking dead and building up a fence around the place. News this morning says that it cant be contained and chinese know very little about it yet

China is overstocked. Not enough air space for all of them.

straight wrote: »

That's it. Some workforce tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Grueller

To be honest I am worried about it here. Not for me but both of the parents have underlying health issues with one of them having COPD, and respiratory problems are the biggest danger with this I believe.
    I technically still have asthma but haven't been on an inhaler since 2008 so like I said, not worried for me.

I know it's small minded but it always surprises me when I hear if an outbreak in a far off land thinking it's a world away. Then ya hear of a person getted tested as they are only back from that region. The world we live in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Tbh it's the zombie invasion of the walking dead politicians I'm more concerned about ;)

the fence is already up ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I thought about doing it when Brexit started.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

straight wrote: »

It's thought the virus started in a live animal market and could be a virus from bats being sold in the market that passed to snakes being sold in the market that passed to humans through the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I read somewhere earlier that there is some super secure lab in Wuhan harboring a myriad of different virus and diseases. Most likely for research purposes. The US has a place like it too. Anyway, story goes, something went wrong over there and this virus got out

I read somewhere earlier that there is some super secure lab in Wuhan harboring a myriad of different virus and diseases. Most likely for research purposes. The US has a place like it too. Anyway, story goes, something went wrong over there and this virus got out

Mad scientist jobbie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Local kids kicked a ball though a window. :rolleyes:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Grueller

A Ridley Scott movie in the making

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

It's thought the virus started in a live animal market and could be a virus from bats being sold in the market that passed to snakes being sold in the market that passed to humans through the air.

Nevetmind that, they do be eating raw bat, same as that sars in 2003

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

For now, I'd be more interested in Rabies, closer to home.

https://www.theirishfield.ie/news-dafm-issues-rabies-alert-in-co-cork-522889/

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

greysides wrote: »

Does rabies qualify under species re-introduction under the re-wilding movement?
    If so, would one get bonus points if it was found in a wolf?
    Would a vegan wolf be a good compromise solution for farmers and rewilders?
    So many possibilities, all that's needed is an open mind or maybe a rabid one ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

We have one of them at Backweston.
    Just outside Celbridge.....
    What do you think REALLY happened to the water supply at Leixlip....

Grueller wrote: »

Oh just wait for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Oh just wait for it

Already been done - outbreak....rabbid monkey:D

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Already been done - outbreak....rabbid monkey:D

A remake of outbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

A remake of outbreak

Ah wouldn’t be as good as the original:D

Grueller wrote: »
    Reminds me of the Irish film "Dead Meat". I think it was filmed in Leitrim. Kovu might know more about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EZtStZZKEs

Base price wrote: »
    Reminds me of the Irish film "Dead Meat". I think it was filmed in Leitrim. Kovu might know more about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EZtStZZKEs

I remember that one. Think you made a cameo in that at the end base :D

greysides wrote: »

Please God there are no more instances within the exclusion zone or anywhere else on the island of Ireland. If so then we can more or less kiss goodbye to our beef industry especially live exports.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The greens called today. The door wasn't answered. I shall be recycling their leaflet ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

This part of the world(China, Laos, Vietnam) is the epicentre of the illegal trade in endangered wildlife. Hopefully local governments will learn a lesson from this and take proper measures to shut down for good this immensely destructive trade that has had dire consequences for iconic species as far away as South Africa etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement