Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was told it's a clay fork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭roosterman71

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭emaherx

Clear herd test this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

A lesson in that a niche product is only a niche if it's not mass produced and the supply restricted to keep prices high.

https://twitter.com/FarmingUK/status/1222942557329510400

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Grueller

Should just about see him out. If he was any younger he would have had to buy something better. Right Reggie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

We have them in Cork with a couple of years;
    Mike Twomey, Macroom.
    https://www.mtwomeybutchers.ie/product-category/wagyu/

There's four for €11

Think he supplies West Cork Burger Restaurant in Cork City, as well.
    He has set up a network of suppliers, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Water John wrote: »
    We have them in Cork with a couple of years;
    Mike Twomey, Macroom.
    https://www.mtwomeybutchers.ie/product-category/wagyu/

There's four for €11

Think he supplies West Cork Burger Restaurant in Cork City, as well.
    He has set up a network of suppliers, I think.

Are they nice

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Grueller wrote: »
    Should just about see him out. If he was any younger he would have had to buy something better. Right Reggie?

Hard to know. Not impressed with landini atm. Not the product but the management

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I actually haven't tried the Wagu yet, the Macroom Buffalo burger is delicious though, thanks Johnny Lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Reggie. wrote: »
    Hard to know. Not impressed with landini atm. Not the product but the management

The blue paint is starting to strip away and the red is starting to show.😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The blue paint is starting to strip away and the red is starting to show.��
    :eek:

The blue paint is starting to strip away and the red is starting to show.😎

You have no idea how close you are. Or a different shade of blue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭jaymla627

You have no idea how close you are. Or a different shade of blue

T6180 dynamic would be a great tractor, price is after going mental though taking the wrong side off 110k for a fully loaded one

jaymla627 wrote: »
    T6180 dynamic would be a great tractor, price is after going mental though taking the wrong side off 110k for a fully loaded one

T6180 only roughly same horses as my own

T6180 only roughly same horses as my own

Handy mapped and have a 6 cylinder engine, did you put a map on your own tractor, with the fpt engine in her you'd easily put her up to 165 on the pto with zero issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Are landini not very similar to new holland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I was at a meeting last night and a few issues were brought up that will have a bearing in the near future.

The first one was a new requirement down here for a bond of 50k euros to be given to the council when opening a forestry road for thinnings. The bond must stay in place until the last of the timber is harvested and any damage done to the road that the forestry road opens onto will be repaired by drawing down on the bond. Apparently, the bond can be used to cover any damage done to the road by any use and not just the forestry. Brought in with no consultation as well.

The second was the routine maintenance of drains in NHAs (and SACs as well, I think) is being forbidden and permission must be asked for before any is done. This is again contrary to the agreed procedures and brought in without any consultation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

That's gonna make a complete balls of thinning!
    The council will use that money to fix potholes that they should be fixing anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭straight

ganmo wrote: »
    That's gonna make a complete balls of thinning!
    The council will use that money to fix potholes that they should be fixing anyway

Waste it most likely. That's all I see them doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

straight wrote: »
    Waste it most likely. That's all I see them doing.

To be fair I see a council lorry regularly parked in a wide gateway near for an hour or so me most mornings between about 10 and 11. This gateway is often used for fly tipping.

I suppose they are making sure nobody dumps anything there then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Grueller

Was only joking anyhow Reggie. I would seriously consider them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

The second was the routine maintenance of drains in NHAs (and SACs as well, I think) is being forbidden and permission must be asked for before any is done. This is again contrary to the agreed procedures and brought in without any consultation.

I read a retired government employee admit on social media that they used to purposely go onto SAC land at night to block drains.
    It was a bit of an eye opener for me.

The same individual would be known for being vehemently anti farmer and landowner. But it was an insight into a possible group think for the ones that are still employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I read a retired government employee admit on social media that they used to purposely go onto SAC land at night to block drains.
    It was a bit of an eye opener for me.

The same individual would be known for being vehemently anti farmer and landowner. But it was an insight into a possible group think for the ones that are still employed.

What area was she employed in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Vet Jim Kelleher, back page, this week’s IFJ, reads like “Tales of the Unexpected”. The horse that earns the oats doesn't always get it.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/vets-corner-a-drop-of-medicinal-whiskey-to-cure-your-ails-523885

I was at a meeting last night and a few issues were brought up that will have a bearing in the near future.

The first one was a new requirement down here for a bond of 50k euros to be given to the council when opening a forestry road for thinnings. The bond must stay in place until the last of the timber is harvested and any damage done to the road that the forestry road opens onto will be repaired by drawing down on the bond. Apparently, the bond can be used to cover any damage done to the road by any use and not just the forestry. Brought in with no consultation as well.

The forestry sector is basically been shut down, the lad that was paid of to stop objecting to the corrib gasline, is now putting in objections for every new forestry application in the country from his computer in Mayo, it's getting to the stage for primary agriculture to survive in this country you would need the state to become impoverished and taken over by the IMF again because once the corporation tax and Intel/apple money keeps rolling in the civil servants in power will gladly shutdown the agricultural sector and hope to be seen as guardians of the planet while doing it

Handy mapped and have a 6 cylinder engine, did you put a map on your own tractor, with the fpt engine in her you'd easily put her up to 165 on the pto with zero issues

Didnt do anything to her yet

Are landini not very similar to new holland?

Practically to same guts in each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The forestry sector is basically been shut down, the lad that was paid of to stop objecting to the corrib gasline, is now putting in objections for every new forestry application in the country from his computer in Mayo, it's getting to the stage for primary agriculture to survive in this country you would need the state to become impoverished and taken over by the IMF again because once the corporation tax and Intel/apple money keeps rolling in the civil servants in power will gladly shutdown the agricultural sector and hope to be seen as guardians of the planet while doing it

I've said it before but I think forestry here atm is a massive scam. There's forestry after being harvested that didn't leave enough of a return to replant, according to a few last night.

We're being pushed into forestry when nobody can tell what the end market is going to be. If forestry planted decades ago can't find a market anywhere near the projected returns, what's going to happen to the forestry being planted now when harvest comes and an even bigger amount of timber starts hitting the market at the same time? How is that going to give a return after the premiums are finished?

I just can't help thinking there is no plan to use this timber but just leave it there, worthless as a crop but worth a small fortune as a carbon sink for the Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Is it just me or are push on water fittings fcuking useless (loosing temper face)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are push on water fittings fcuking useless (loosing temper face)

It's not you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement