Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,485 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Murang

Very sad here just found out it looks like Shane Ross will loose his seat so sad for rural Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Murang wrote: »
    Very sad here just found out it looks like Shane Ross will loose his seat so sad for rural Ireland

Shinners got a seat in westmeath now too it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

SF have a seat in Clare too, it seems.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

****er has already done the damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

And a green in first. yay! I'm so happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Got one in meath aswell

Reggie. wrote: »
    Got one in meath aswell

Ah shur they have one in wexford too.
    Topping the poll. It'll be the first sf td elected here in over 100 years. If they had of ran two candidates they probably would have got the two in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

Will he get his old job back with the Sindo.

None political news media my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

You'd wonder do people even know what they were voting for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Tileman

The magic money tree that sf promised

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Was out Fri night, opinion was fianna fail, fine Gael aren't a change, and that voting elsewhere may change things up, if not even just to light a fire under the centre parties. Mid 30's group.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I think SF candidates themselves don't know what their party is about. Really bugs me the cunning way they choose candidates. Usually the least offensive, harmless types they can get. :mad:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

People only voted sinn fein as they wanted to protest against fine gael and fianna fail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Bit of Mary cash job 5 children not paying rent to landlord either by all accounts - not bad going to top the poll in clare !
    I’m seriously ashamed this is what my lively hood is depending on !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

I think SF candidates themselves don't know what their party is about. Really bugs me the cunning way they choose candidates. Usually the least offensive, harmless types they can get. :mad:

I know paddy Hoolihan type !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

whelan2 wrote: »
    People only voted sinn fein as they wanted to protest against fine gael and fianna fail.

Your probably right but as the saying goes “be careful what you wish for”.

My real pet hate is political parties using the Irish flag like as if they own it, they don’t it’s all of our flags regardless of politics, religion, orientation or colour.

Dessie Ellis singing comon you Black and Tans..........class

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Bit of Mary cash job 5 children not paying rent to landlord either by all accounts - not bad going to top the poll in clare !
    I’m seriously ashamed this is what my lively hood is depending on !

Likewise. I was talking to a young farmer my own go the other day that was going voting for them for no other reason than for a change. No idea what they were about... I talked him out of it anyway for all the good it did. Its unreal considering nobody had heard of her a fortnight ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I don't think that excuse will wash.
    Younger voters have voted massively for them, and their "anti-establishment" image.
    Be interesting to see how many seats they end up with, and it looks like Michael Martin will go into coalition with them.
    It really feels like his last chance to be Taoiseach, so I think he'll go for it and give Mary Lou the Thainiste.
    Try and get them to accept Housing, Health and Social Welfare, and keep Finance and Foreign affairs as FF portfolios.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I don't think that excuse will wash.
    Younger voters have voted massively for them, and their "anti-establishment" image.
    Be interesting to see how many seats they end up with, and it looks like Michael Martin will go into coalition with them.
    It really feels like his last chance to be Taoiseach, so I think he'll go for it and give Mary Lou the Thainiste.
    Try and get them to accept Housing, Health and Social Welfare, and keep Finance and Foreign affairs as FF portfolios.

Tbh I think I'd prefer that option to one with greens in coalition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

They should know now - the singing of choice IRA songs by Sein Fein supporters at the count station in Dublin should give them a small hint tbh ....

ganmo wrote: »
    Tbh I think I'd prefer that option to one with greens in coalition

FF and SF if it is a thing could still bring the Greens in with them.

There's a vote against massive overspending in capital projects, homelessness, immigration, even homophobic elements, housing and that's caused by Dublin IT doing well, and then the lure of the gun and tough chaugh image that SF might get things done by any means necessary.

Definitely agree with you Ganmo. FF and SF maybe might be ok for farming. There could be land rates brought in who knows but if the Greens were added to the mix the only farming would be by retired hobby farmers on a pension or disability welfare allowance.

The multinationals have this country ruined in with the give me's expecting that it's a bottomless pit.
    And that's another thing will they hang around with SF potentially deciding policy? Then we'll surely be looking for the taxes from farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Probably says more about the latter 2 failing to deal with many of the critical issues facing younger people in particular in terms of housing, cost of living etc.. I also know more than a few smaller farmers not happy with the current government too and voted outside of the big 2 parties

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Probably says more about the latter 2 failing to deal with many of the critical issues facing younger people in particular in terms of housing, cost of living etc.. I also know more than a few smaller farmers not happy with the current government too and voted outside of the big 2 parties

I voted labour. Local labour candidate secured new local school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I voted labour. Local labour candidate secured new local school

Kerry had 2 Labour seats 30 years ago. They couldn't even find a candidate to run this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Ah shur they have one in wexford too.
    Topping the poll. It'll be the first sf td elected here in over 100 years. If they had of ran two candidates they probably would have got the two in.

Not the same party at all. Sinn Fein 100 years ago is the mother of ff/fg. The current sf are the political wing of the northern terrorist group the IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

And she only got 385votes in the local election. Mad altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

And she only got 385votes in the local election. Mad altogether.

An old teacher of mine failed to get elected on the town council. He's now an Mep

Jjameson wrote: »
    Not the same party at all. Sinn Fein 100 years ago is the mother of ff/fg. The current sf are the political wing of the northern terrorist group the IRA.

Yep you're right on all that.

Matt Carthy has been elected in Cavan Monaghan. Topping the poll. His running mate Pauline Tully looks like she will get in too. Pauline is lucky to be alive. She was stabbed 13 times on Christmas eve 2014 by her husband Pearse McCauley.
    Pearse was one of the IRA gang that killed Garda Jerry McCabe as he was on protective duty of an Post van in Adare. She met the bould Pearse on a Sinn Fein delegation to Castle Rea prison and married six months later.

• Advertisement

Sf got the first 2 seats in my area

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement