Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭emaherx

Spent the last week in Clare, had a great time despite the weather, kids have me worn out, we were scuba diving, horse riding, walking around castles and through caves.... Think I could do with a break :D

Back home now and sun is shining so I guess back to some silage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

emaherx wrote: »
    Spent the last week in Clare, had a great time despite the weather, kids have me worn out, we were scuba diving, horse riding, walking around castles and through caves.... Think I could do with a break :D

Back home now and sun is shining so I guess back to some silage.

Great auld county- where did you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭emaherx

Great auld county- where did you go?

Stayed in Quilty and traveled around from there.

It's a different world over there compared to what I'm used to. Had to check out the local farms too, little one who's 2 insists on checking "her cows" every day and it was no different on holidays so I ended up checking some else's cattle every day to get her fix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Nope I’ll be polishing my campervan and planning the next trip all the time.
    Each time we travel I enjoy it more and look forward to getting away again.

Ye, I try to book my next holiday as soon as I get back from my last one. Something to look forward too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

emaherx wrote: »
    Stayed in Quilty and traveled around from there.

It's a different world over there compared to what I'm used to. Had to check out the local farms too, little one who's 2 insists on checking "her cows" every day and it was no different on holidays so I ended up checking some else's cattle every day to get her fix :D

You weren’t a million miles away from me. I drive through quilty daily to work. You could spend 3 weeks in west Clare visiting different sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

whelan2 wrote: »
    _Brian wrote: »
    Nope I’ll be polishing my campervan and planning the next trip all the time.
    Each time we travel I enjoy it more and look forward to getting away again.

Ye, I try to book my next holiday as soon as I get back from my last one. Something to look forward too

We do it every time we get home. Have skiing booked for January. Now looking at next summer. Will sort out campsite now and look at travel in February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I suggested heading into the Rose festival around lunchtime yesterday and there was nobody interested so I went off and did a few jobs that kept me late in the evening and arrived in around 7.30 to discover everyone had decided to go but forgot to tell me we were going in.

So I shovelled in the supper and had a quick shower and headed in to drop the kids into where they were meeting their friends and myself and the OH and youngest lad went to see the Hothouse Flowers. They were pretty poor, tbh, I was going to look for my money back despite it being free:pac:

And I see a great opportunity for Irish farming there too. Material for clothes!

Apparently there is such a shortage of raw materials that everybody is wearing likkle bits of clothes that are at least 2 sizes too small and sometimes don't even cover the essentials.

I'm getting old:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There won't be a standing crop of corn left in the country after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

dzer2 wrote: »
    We do it every time we get home. Have skiing booked for January. Now looking at next summer. Will sort out campsite now and look at travel in February.

Was back Monday.
    In Carlow for the night ;)

Have Halloween weekend down to two possibilities, caravan will be wintered then until Easter when we get away again.

Serious talk of where next summer hols will be, when kids were small they had no say but now that they are older were giving them an input, that how I ended up towing the caravan down to the French Alps !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Heading to Anfield

Up the pool

Great weather.

• Advertisement

Heading to Anfield

Up the pool

That was a good game to be at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

There won't be a standing crop of corn left in the country after today.

Roads alive with trailers here.

Roads alive with trailers here.

Hills are alive with the sound of combines here.

mayota wrote: »
    Heading to Anfield

Up the pool

Great weather.

Absolutely roasting wouldn't have sweated as much if I was playing

Heading to Anfield

Up the pool

That was a good game to be at.

Hoarse now had a hospitality ticket got a feed in Aintree before hand. Some view of the second half goals. Might get a pint now

Hoarse now had a hospitality ticket got a feed in Aintree before hand. Some view of the second half goals. Might get a pint now

Getting busy up town.

Yeah but we are on the home now.young lad has championship tomorrow evening.
    Mind yourself do be taken advantage of by any of the ladies around🙄

I’ll keep my wits about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

10.00 PM cbs reality Sat 24 Aug SKY 146
    SECRETS OF A PSYCHOPATH
    Series 1, Episode 2
    In three gripping instalments, 'Secrets of a Psychopath' recounts the facts behind the most complex and surprising murder to come before the courts in Irish criminal history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

L1985 wrote: »
    Was over in the wood cutting some sticks and managed to step on a wasps nest....one went down my top :( four stings and one accidental flash (poor guys married and was mortified) later and I admit defeat! They really really really hurt by the way-3hours later and I’m still in pain!
    How are you feeling today, did you get any sleep last night?

10.00 PM cbs reality Sat 24 Aug SKY 146
    SECRETS OF A PSYCHOPATH
    Series 1, Episode 2
    In three gripping instalments, 'Secrets of a Psychopath' recounts the facts behind the most complex and surprising murder to come before the courts in Irish criminal history.
    Scissor Sisters?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Looks like we'll be baling in the clouds today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

And I see a great opportunity for Irish farming there too. Material for clothes!

Apparently there is such a shortage of raw materials that everybody is wearing likkle bits of clothes that are at least 2 sizes too small and sometimes don't even cover the essentials.

I'm getting old:rolleyes:

I was stewarding at a concert/festival in Sligo couple of weeks ago and was thinking that too. My daughter was there dressed in jeans and t-shirt but she was with a few other girls that obviously tried to get dressed and nearly missed! And it was a fairly wet evening. I'd got cold wearing a hi-vis jacket! I suppose it was the alcohol sloshing around their blood stream that was keeping them warm, it certainly wasn't what they had on the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I was driving out of a local town yesterday evening. Just as I came around a corner there was a blue Hiace van coming against me. Just as I appeared they threw a bag of rubbish out the passenger window. I went around the next bend and there was rubbish all along the road.
    I can't for the life of me understand how someone would do that. I'm still fuming over it.
    Time to get a dashcam, me thinks.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

I was driving out of a local town yesterday evening. Just as I came around a corner there was a blue Hiace van coming against me. Just as I appeared they threw a bag of rubbish out the passenger window. I went around the next bend and there was rubbish all along the road.
    I can't for the life of me understand how someone would do that. I'm still funing over it.
    Did you get the reg number

Did you get the reg number

No, it happened too quick.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Herd test here tomorrow and I'm bricking it all week. Theres a few people that I'm bounding that have gone down over the last few month's.

• Advertisement

Herd test here tomorrow and I'm bricking it all week. Theres a few people that I'm bounding that have gone down over the last few month's.

Would you be better bringing back your herd test, to June for example? That way you would have enough time to be clear again before the winter. That's what I do here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement