Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

That’s it now,ban the nordies from using our airports bringing the coronas home with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I says wrote: »
    That’s it now,ban the nordies from using our airports bringing the coronas home with them.

Who wanted a hard border?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Really do get some of the very best arriving here ;) Reckon from one of the first hippies generation to arrive on these shores. Reminds me of a few more I've came across tbh.
    Woman charged with causing criminal damage by sawing down Coillte trees says 'ancient law' gives her right to forage and manage the land 

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Woman-charged-with-causing-criminal-damage-by-sawing-down-Coillte-trees-says-ancient-law-gives-her-right-to-forage-and-manage-the-land--90fb41af-9bbc-451f-896e-a290eb2f88f7-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

gozunda wrote: »
    Really do get some of the very best arriving here ;) Reckon from one of the first hippies generation to arrive on these shores. Reminds me of a few more I've came across tbh.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Woman-charged-with-causing-criminal-damage-by-sawing-down-Coillte-trees-says-ancient-law-gives-her-right-to-forage-and-manage-the-land--90fb41af-9bbc-451f-896e-a290eb2f88f7-ds

, I don’t like Sitka spruce plantations, but we can’t just let people wander through other people’s land destroying what was out there because they don’t like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

whelan2 wrote: »
    First confirmed in northern Ireland now

They should ban all travel from Italy.
    Right through Dublin airport aswell god knows how many she /he infected

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    , I don’t like Sitka spruce plantations, but we can’t just let people wander through other people’s land destroying what was out there because they don’t like it.

The bizarre thing though she wasnt 'green' enough to allow the trees simply to die and decompose. She was found to have a large supply of the cut up trees at her house. Also the fuel for the chainsaw cutting down that number of trees was hardly green or environmentally friendly.

The bizarre thing though she wasnt 'green' enough to allow the trees simply to die and decompose. She was found to have a large supply of the cut up trees at her house. Also the fuel for the chainsaw cutting down that number of trees was hardly green or environmentally friendly.

That’s interesting indeed.
    Would it seem she was stealing the timber for her own use ?? If so that’s not on at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

That’s interesting indeed.
    Would it seem she was stealing the timber for her own use ?? If so that’s not on at all.

and the bleeding extension rebellion had a protest in support of her :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

ganmo wrote: »

https://twitter.com/ExtinctRebelsIE/status/1233048476121997312

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

ganmo wrote: »

Some houses are getting way too big for their sites nowadays, it's unsustainable and about time it was highlighted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058033987

Interesting barn find thread here, an almost brand new Peugeot 504 diesel.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Neighbor piped out pig slurry today, blackened a field hanging over the river, river feeds into town supply. Most of the field I can’t see green, just slurry.

Ground saturated and plenty of rain forecast for tomorrow. Big risk to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Neighbor piped out pig slurry today, blackened a field hanging over the river, river feeds into town supply. Most of the field I can’t see green, just slurry.

You could excuse a lad putting a couple of tanks out to take pressure off till dry weather comes but not that dogging

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Bullocks wrote: »
    You could excuse a lad putting a couple of tanks out to take pressure off till dry weather comes but not that dogging

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Red weather warning for Clare and Galway tomorrow and Orange for the rest of the country.

Do what you can tonight and the minimum tomorrow, if you can.

Red weather warning for Clare and Galway tomorrow and Orange for the rest of the country.

Do what you can tonight and the minimum tomorrow, if you can.

Have to load bales tomorrow :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

blue5000 wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058033987

Interesting barn find thread here, an almost brand new Peugeot 504 diesel.
    That thread has expanded greatly over the last day or two.

Now a number of cars, motorbikes and, just for you guys, a tractor!

Not your ornery onager

Reggie. wrote: »
    Have to load bales tomorrow :o

Tie them down well. :D

Anywhere directly east of Clare and Galway should be thinking of staying at home, I'd say.

Absolute nutters ...

She cut or destroyed 500 trees but only planted 50.
    Convicted of stealing 250.

• Advertisement

Anywhere directly east of Clare and Galway should be thinking of staying at home, I'd say.

Once they are on the trailer I'm done. Another man is hauling them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Does red warning not mean don't go out at all?

There'll be plenty young wans with hardly a stitch on and lads in T shirts in Quay st tomorrow night regardless, it's Saturday night ... "don't go out" !!!

I'll be aiming to be finished by 12 tomorrow until around 5 anyway. I had my experience of a bad storm with Darwin and I'm not keen to be out in it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

If I'm not mistaken brian your in cavan like myself, the pig capital of Ireland. Seems somethings never change with carry on like that. it was raining here up till near mid morning today and it's now raining again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Esel wrote: »
    That thread has expanded greatly over the last day or two.

Now a number of cars, motorbikes and, just for you guys, a tractor!

This car was the making of a local business man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Youngest is on a marine survey at the minute and they are tucked up near Ballyvaughan out of the way of the storm. He sent me a video a few minutes ago and it's fairly wild but he says the Explorer is rock solid. I was looking at the buoy reports and unfortunately M3 and M6 are out of commission at the minute. M3 is off the Cork coast and M6 is way out (200 miles) west off the Galway coast. M4 is the only one working on the West coast and is only giving reports every three hours. At 12 midday it recorded a wave height of 9m. I wonder what the 3pm reading will be.
    https://www.met.ie/forecasts/marine-inland-lakes/buoys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Base price wrote: »
    Youngest is on a marine survey at the minute and they are tucked up near Ballyvaughan out of the way of the storm. He sent me a video a few minutes ago and it's fairly wild but he says the Explorer is rock solid. I was looking at the buoy reports and unfortunately M3 and M6 are out of commission at the minute. M3 is off the Cork coast and M6 is way out (200 miles) west off the Galway coast. M4 is the only one working on the West coast and is only giving reports every three hours. At 12 midday it recorded a wave height of 9m. I wonder what the 3pm reading will be.

I can confirm there's no shelter around ballyvaughan today.

Base price wrote: »
    Top third Ave 14m, from storm thread .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Did ye ever loose something special and had the good fortune of finding it again albeit years later.
    Long story short - the washing machine at my place has been acting up in the last few months. When I took the clothes out they weren't properly spun and I'd have to run another spin cycle. I've tried removing the filter thingie but couldn't pull it outta the machine. I persevered today wriggling it about and eventually succeeded. I'm €9.96 better off but more importantly I found the Holy medal that Mam gave to eldest when he was born. It went missing when he was getting ready to head to Aus over 4 years ago and he was very upset at that time. We checked every nook and cranny in the house but we couldn't find it.

Happy days, I can't wait to hear his reaction after I send him the pic and he wakes up tomorrow in Melbourne.
    IMG_0466.JPG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement