Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

naughto wrote: »
    4 cases in the west now
    I wonder are they related or on the same trip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The rabies watch in Cork is stood down as no cases were observed since the initial case was confirmed.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/no-rabies-detected-in-cork-as-the-surveillance-zone-is-removed-531530

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

4 cases in the west now

If this gets into the likes of nursing homes there will be carnage!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,488 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Birdnuts wrote: »
    If this gets into the likes of nursing homes there will be carnage!!:eek:

There's already been a nursing home badly effected in the U.S. with fatalities.

I hope the people coming back from their lovely holidays skiing are having some cop on now. I doubt it though. When we have a joke of hse giving advice that it can't be spread in under fifteen minutes and that any people that are tested positive are not obliged to wear face masks.
    Mary Lou McDonald anyway will have the whole Dail infected tomorrow. Her children were in that Glasnevin school if not out on tour in Italy themselves.
    In Italy whole families are quarantined. Here. Nahh..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There's already been a nursing home badly effected in the U.S. with fatalities.

I hope the people coming back from their lovely holidays skiing are having some cop on now. I doubt it though. When we have a joke of hse giving advice that it can't be spread in under fifteen minutes and that any people that are tested positive are not obliged to wear face masks.
    Mary Lou McDonald anyway will have the whole Dail infected tomorrow. Her children were in that Glasnevin school if not out on tour in Italy themselves.
    In Italy whole families are quarantined. Here. Nahh..:rolleyes:

In fairness when these kids were returning from Italy there was no awareness that things in Italy had gotten so out of control, and with a 14 day symptom free incubation period it’s easy to return home not knowing you have it.

I’d be worried about their grandparents etc rather than the kids themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

4 cases in the west now

Crossmolina I’m hearing.

mayota wrote: »
    Crossmolina I’m hearing.

There was a fake post on Facebook today saying the virus was in our local village. We also got a text from kids secondary school to say there are no cases in the school . They must have been getting calls from parents

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Some interesting proposals from Michael Fitzmaurice.
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/full-review-of-dairy-sector-offspring-needs-to-happen-fitzmaurice/

Certainly there will be lots of POVs expressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,488 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

_Brian wrote: »
    In fairness when these kids were returning from Italy there was no awareness that things in Italy had gotten so out of control, and with a 14 day symptom free incubation period it’s easy to return home not knowing you have it.

The "information" being peddled here by our so called experts of officialdom is what I'd have issue with.
    We're a joke compared to how other countries have got on top of it even compared to other European countries with free travel we're still a joke.
    Imagine if the hse were in charge of biosecurity on any farm? Imagine..

They're giving advice that if your child mingled with a positive in school. That they be quarantined at home but they can have 15 minute social times with the rest of the family and that the rest of the family is free to go about normal outside business. They also don't advise those in quarantine to wear masks.
    It's normal practice worldwide that a mask is required to stop the virus spreading from a possible/probable case to the rest of society. A mask won't stop anyone from catching it. But it will stop anyone from spreading it.
    It's all a joke here anyways.
    The officialdom from yesteryear going on about cracked cups and tb must be rolling in their graves at today's service to biosecurity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

_Brian wrote: »

on the ball there mate , my boss was complaining about his sons canceled trip to italy , they lost all the money , what i said was a cheap price if he bought that back to his 82 year old grandmother , no holiday is worth that , lifes not that cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

Anyone else going back in time when they press the back button on Boards tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

whelan2 wrote: »
    I wonder are they related or on the same trip?

All from the same family apparently. They were in Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

mayota wrote: »
    Crossmolina I’m hearing.

North Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ABlur wrote: »
    Anyone else going back in time when they press the back button on Boards tonight?
    Happened a few times in the past hour.
    Click into a thread from My Threads, loading bar runs across top as normal, then My Threads loads again. Next click normally works as expected.

Not your ornery onager

ABlur wrote: »

Yeah, there's a few issues with access with the last 24 hours, it comes and goes but the hamsters will be rooting around to sort it out again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

North Clare.

i didnt think inagh was north clare ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Yeah, there's a few issues with access with the last 24 hours, it comes and goes but the hamsters will be rooting around to sort it out again tomorrow.

boards for me hasnt worked properly since xmas

lab man wrote: »

Ye touch site doesn't work for me. New posts dont show up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Heard ennistymon school closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

orm0nd wrote: »
    Heard ennistymon school closed

Yip, a local doctor back from his skiing trip and has been working for the last 2 weeks. This will get interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Where would it be then? Do we have to claim them as west?
    Two secondary schools in ennistymon closed today, one for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yip, a local doctor back from his skiing trip and has been working for the last 2 weeks. This will get interesting.

Oh dear that has shocking potential if that’s the case.

Ye touch site doesn't work for me. New posts dont show up

Can you PM me with some details about what problems you're having and I can bring it up with the office? Like touch on Chrome or Safari or a particular forum or time of day?

I know the recent software upgrade has caused problems and I assume this latest problem is one of the side effects of the upgrade.

Neighbour's 04 jeep was robbed from outside his house last night. They took the keys from his kitchen table overnight. His chequebook etc was in it. Eldest lad was with him at running in it last night earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Landcruiser??

tanko wrote: »
    Landcruiser??

No it's a pick up think it might be a Mazda. It would be the last thing you'd think would be stolen. It was a crew cab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

No it's a pick up think it might be a Mazda. It would be the last thing you'd think would be stolen. It was a crew cab

Fierce handy for carrying them atm machines!!

There was a Passat sitting beside it. You'd have to wonder was it taken for something like that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Does he work with shannondoc?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement