Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Our eldest is heading to the 3Arena tonight.

Lewis Capaldi?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I hear the sale of Corona beer is well down too. :cool:

I heard they are changing the name to ebola extra

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I hear the sale of Corona beer is well down too. :cool:

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/fd3d6k/so_a_belgian_store_did_this_buy_2_corona_beers/

They have this special offer in Belgium;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Do you have a usual order or like me you chop & change each time? Honey ribs would be my usual fall back if I'm in a hurry.

To be honest, the menu is double-dutch to me. I usually have one of two options.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,488 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

The anxiety of when you need an overnight supply of hardwood ashes from the stove for a project and then you have to go out to do the evening milking and are hoping no one in the household throws a lump of coal or a bit of rubbish on whilst you are away. They've all been well informed. Only timber.
    But the stress of it all..

I have the house over 30 c atm whilst I'm out so hopefully that'll keep em quiet.
    The calving season was less stressful!

• Advertisement

The anxiety of when you need an overnight supply of hardwood ashes from the stove for a project and then you have to go out to do the evening milking and are hoping no one in the household throws a lump of coal or a bit of rubbish on whilst you are away. They've all been well informed. Only timber.
    But the stress of it all..

I have the house over 30 c atm whilst I'm out so hopefully that'll keep em quiet.
    The calving season was less stressful!

If that was here you could be sure a Welly or something in there .
    At thirty degrees they are more likely to throw water or sand on it though

Bullocks wrote: »
    If that was here you could be sure a Welly or something in there .
    At thirty degrees they are more likely to throw water or sand on it though

The farmers of the 1800's had a much less stressful time than nowadays. :p
    Probably be a hardwood clog instead of a petrochemical welly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    Lewis Capaldi?

Yea. Her and a few friends went off on a bus.
    It’s a bit stressful letting them off on their own but what can you do.

Chatting with a friend today her husband works in local Tesco store.

They are nearly up at Christmas levels of revenue, can’t keep rice and pasta on the shelves

Yea. Her and a few friends went off on a bus.
    It’s a bit stressful letting them off on their own but what can you do.

Just collected our group from the bus there now. They didn't think much of the support acts but the main event was really good

• Advertisement

Just collected our group from the bus there now. They didn't think much of the support acts but the main event was really good

Yea everyone happy, girls had a good time and thought Lewis was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

Tank is full and after taking 3 foot of water out. Silage gone and using hay but weanlings loosing condition. Have plenty of grass. Think a low stocking rate out might be the best option. Has anyone else bullocks out?

Tank is full and after taking 3 foot of water out. Silage gone and using hay but weanlings loosing condition. Have plenty of grass. Think a low stocking rate out might be the best option. Has anyone else bullocks out?
    They won't put much condition on out these days either. How dry is your ground? Our place is wet, we had a good growth everywhere but the grass that looked good a month ago is looking washed out at the minute. If we were to let them out they would be depressed and so would I looking at them.
    Could you top up the hay with nuts to keep them motoring?
    How long will 3' of slurry get you going for? This week is looking broken but a few dry days would give a chance to get a few loads out maybe in a couple of weeks.
    Is silage hard to come by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

Ground wouldn’t be the worst. A nice bit of grass. It’s more the cold that I’d be worried about. Plenty of shelter. Next weekend is to improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Ground wouldn’t be the worst. A nice bit of grass. It’s more the cold that I’d be worried about. Plenty of shelter. Next weekend is to improve.

Would on-off grazing be of interest to you? Leave them with no feed in front of them in the morning, let them off for 3 hours and bring in again and a small amount of silage to pick at. Same again at 5 or 6 for 3 hours and a small amount of feed in front again?

Someone would have to be around to let them back in though so mightn't suit.

Maybe different elsewhere but for forecast for this week in Cavan is rubbish. Rain and wind every day, be different if they were out all winter as they’d have a big hairy coat on, but not what I’d like to be turning cattle out to.

Having said that, needs must.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Maybe different elsewhere but for forecast for this week in Cavan is rubbish. Rain and wind every day, be different if they were out all winter as they’d have a big hairy coat on, but not what I’d like to be turning cattle out to.

need the shed?

They wouldn't be out long, Brian, and would have enough warmth to manage 2 or 3 hours in rain or wind.

Different with both like today, though. An hour or two would be a big help in reducing feed demand despite the weather. I left the cows off this morning because they didn't want to go back in to the shed despite the weather. Good shelter and a dry field is a big help as well.

It's still happening a few in F&F as well. Opens on threads from 13 years ago and some have cleared caches but as bad after as before.

The dev team seems to have identified the cause of the issue, but a temporary fix would mean choosing between this issue occurring and the site possibly falling over again when it gets busier. The ancient threads being presented first typically rectifies itself upon refreshing the page. We're hoping to have a proper fix ready soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I got this response from Mark in the office this morning, there is work ongoing to sort out the older threads coming up so hopefully a day or two will sort it.

Meanwhile, refreshing the page does seems to sort it until it can get properly fixed.

Maybe it's a load of balony but then any port in a storm..

Having an adequate selenium intake in your system could offer protection against the covid virus.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1818101864988407&id=774087962723141

• Advertisement

Anyone price green diesel today? I meant to check the local lads but didn't yet

Bullocks wrote: »
    Anyone price green diesel today? I meant to check the local lads but didn't yet

900 litres 600 euro on account

Maybe it's a load of balony but then any port in a storm..

Having an adequate selenium intake in your system could offer protection against the covid virus.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1818101864988407&id=774087962723141

The problem I see with that is people going out and consuming loads of supplements and overdoing it. Selenium is on of the things that isn’t harmlessly peed out if you overcomsume it. Selenium toxicity is a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

The problem I see with that is people going out and consuming loads of supplements and overdoing it. Selenium is on of the things that isn’t harmlessly peed out if you overcomsume it. Selenium toxicity is a thing.

A neighbour lost a cow from it after she chewed up a bolus while he was giving it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

I gave myself a shot of Rotavec Corona and sprinkled 100g of pre calver mineral on my porridge this morning so that i won't get the Corona virus.

tanko wrote: »
    I gave myself a shot of Rotavec Corona and sprinkled 100g of pre calver mineral on my porridge this morning so that i won't get the Corona virus.

100g are you sure that's enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

tanko wrote: »

You'll have good biestings anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

100g are you sure that's enough?

If 100g/day is good enough for the cows then it's good enough for me.

Two Brazil nuts a day won't kill anyone though.

I see what you're saying though. :) Too much of anything will harm you.
    Too much oxygen is not good for you either. Oxygen toxicity is a thing as well!

The articles above though in the link were basing the effects of viruses against the level of selenium in your system. The low areas of soil/water selenium were matching the increased levels of virus in China.

Our body system is the same as the Albrecht soil system. Everything in their ratios and levels. Then the magic happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

The dev team seems to have identified the cause of the issue, but a temporary fix would mean choosing between this issue occurring and the site possibly falling over again when it gets busier. The ancient threads being presented first typically rectifies itself upon refreshing the page. We're hoping to have a proper fix ready soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I got this response from Mark in the office this morning, there is work ongoing to sort out the older threads coming up so hopefully a day or two will sort it.

Meanwhile, refreshing the page does seems to sort it until it can get properly fixed.

Just click on the last page eg 84 and then click back to page 1 and it comes up fine. Refreshing doesn't always work here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement