Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

No it's all schools.
    And all meetings indoors over 100 people are not recommended and the same with gatherings over 500 people outdoors.

My news was old. I removed it not to cause confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Finally a sensible decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »
    Finally a sensible decision.

Army is stepping up the condition yellow. Last time it was at that was the foot and mouth

Also rumours of any overseas battalions not being allowed home

• Registered Users Posts: 11,488 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

My news was old. I removed it not to cause confusion.

It's going to be hard to keep businesses going and shops open and food on the shelves when a considerable % of the population will have to stay at home to mind the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

You won't be wearing them for milking now so?
    Gloves are essential for anyone dealing with the public and to :rolleyes:protect themselves. And especially where food is involved.
    Bacteria and viruses will live in the cracks in your skin which won't be on a glove. If you're washing your hands it's recommended that take two minutes with a scrub brush. I doubt many do that over the splash and dash.

I was only saying what I was told . Apologies :rolleyes: people working with food always wore gloves and will continue to do so. The gloves will retain the bacteria if you are wearing them. Dont shoot the messenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Esel wrote: »
    You need a medical form completed and signed by your doctor to renew every 5 years. A good idea, imo.

I got the cert, and renewed the licence. (Cert cost the same as the licence fee)
    So now I have to renew my 10 year licence every 5 years, to keep my truck licence categories?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Couple of medical people in the family. The 20 sec washing the hands is adequate. It's doing it often is the trick.

whelan2 wrote: »
    I was only saying what I was told . Apologies :rolleyes: people working with food always wore gloves and will continue to do so. The gloves will retain the bacteria if you are wearing them. Dont shoot the messenger.

Ah it's not you're first time being shot.

There's plenty of misinformation going around I thought you were being vicious with the power city workers knowledge of cleanliness. I thought it was a jibe from you and you knew your own knowledge.

It's the same as milking a spray of disinfectant on a glove is better than on the hand.
    If not, surgeons wouldn't wear them.

Tear into those Power city yokes the next time you see them..

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

My mother just passed LIDL here outside Ennis and she said there were cars out to the road waiting to get in to the car park. Pure madness!

Ah it's not you're first time being shot.

There's plenty of misinformation going around I thought you were being vicious with the power city workers knowledge of cleanliness. I thought it was a jibe from you and you knew your own knowledge.

It's the same as milking a spray of disinfectant on a glove is better than on the hand.
    If not, surgeons wouldn't wear them.

Tear into those Power city yokes the next time you see them..

The thing is surgeons are highly trained highly focused people.

It’s common to see deli staff using gloves to prepare food and then using gloves hands to use the till.

One local take away to us I regularly see a staff member standing outside the side door, smoking with his gloves still on.

Gloves convey a false sense of security in situations when proper hand hygiene would be a much more effective course to take.

• Advertisement

Parishlad wrote: »
    My mother just passed LIDL here outside Ennis and she said there were cars out to the road waiting to get in to the car park. Pure madness!

I’m due to do our weekly shop this evening on the way home from work and I’m dreading it. Will be a cattle mart.

I'm at lidl now. Crazy

I’m due to do our weekly shop this evening on the way home from work and I’m dreading it. Will be a cattle mart.
    One of the women in our office just got a call from a friend who is shopping in Aldi, Cavan.
    She got the very last trolley available, every single one is within the store, panic buying

If there's anything left for you on the shelves!

The thing is surgeons are highly trained highly focused people.

It’s common to see deli staff using gloves to prepare food and then using gloves hands to use the till.

One local take away to us I regularly see a staff member standing outside the side door, smoking with his gloves still on.

Gloves convey a false sense of security in situations when proper hand hygiene would be a much more effective course to take.

Your looking at it from the customer side.
    And everything you post is true.

But and it's a big but if i was working on a till and dealing with hundreds every day taking money and cards and handling goods to and fro and I had elderly people whom I'd be meeting after work then I'd feel safer with gloves on.
    It mightnt be much but it's the same as milking with gloves. You take them off and you're guaranteed there's no dirt and grime and teat spray engrained into your hands when you take them off.
    You take off your gloves after the till and your guarrenteed there's no stuff from interaction on your hands after.
    It might be all over your clothes and face but it won't be on your hands. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Schools will be closed for the month heading into Easter break they won’t go back for 3/4 days? All the panic buying is crazy it’ll settle down by tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Do you feature? :D

No. Good friend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Gloves are of no benefit really. Wash yer hands often. Change the gloves if yer wearing them as often. Don't touch your face. That is very hard. At least I find it is anyway. Get little itches and it's automatic to scratch.

Was told to go to Dunnes to get nappies a while ago cos apparently we're out. Drove down, it was unreal. The car park packed. No trolleys available. Went in and it's flat out. Every till open, every till with 3 or 4 queuing, every trolley over flowing. Super Valu didn't seem to be as mad on the way past.

• Advertisement

I says wrote: »
    Schools will be closed for the month heading into Easter break they won’t go back for 3/4 days? All the panic buying is crazy it’ll settle down by tomorrow

I go to lidl 2 or 3 times a week. This was like people buying fir Christmas. No bread. Very little milk. Woman in front of me bought 10 boxes of cereal. I was going around saying wtf. I just did my normal shop. Minus the bread .

A case of Corona Virus confirmed in Cavan.
    Authorities say there is no chance of him giving it to anyone .....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I go to lidl 2 or 3 times a week. This was like people buying fir Christmas. No bread. Very little milk. Woman in front of me bought 10 boxes of cereal. I was going around saying wtf. I just did my normal shop. Minus the bread .

Best of luck to everyone through this.
    Stressing won't achieve anything.
    I'm NOT religious but there's a good message in this

'' God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.”
    — Serenity Prayer

Mullingar shops are like a mart atm I'm told

If there's anything left for you on the shelves!

A squashed sliced pan and broken eggs

All football off too.

All football off too.

Ya may lock them in thier rooms

How are people able to be panic buying all at once in supermarkets atm during working hours?

Who are these people?
    Unemployed, farmers and retirees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

A squashed sliced pan and broken eggs

French toast for breakfast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I got the cert, and renewed the licence. (Cert cost the same as the licence fee)
    So now I have to renew my 10 year licence every 5 years, to keep my truck licence categories?
    I'm not sure how it works in the NDLS with respect to cost. There might be a lesser charge in this scenario. It has to be done though.

Not your ornery onager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement