Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Was she chestnut? Chestnut mares are blooming bonkers.

She was but I'd put it down to how she was treated by a man/men before my cousin got her.

The best mare I had here was a chestnut and no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

whelan2 wrote: »
    The year doesn't be long going around. Daughter back to school today . Young lad back on Thursday .

Was only saying the same thing to herself yesterday evening and l pulling the Christmas tree down out of the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Muckit wrote: »
    Was only saying the same thing to herself yesterday evening and l pulling the Christmas tree down out of the attic.

This time 4 months is st Stephen's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

This time 4 months is st Stephen's day.

Will ya let me draw in the last few bales of second cut before I start housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Well, ye going to beat the Dubs? :cool:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Well, ye going to beat the Dubs? :cool:

Tis a foreign sport round here, Patsy, I haven't seen more than 10 minutes of football this year, thank God.

It's hard to see Kerry beat them with a young team but if everything goes right for Kerry and Dublin go a man down early on, they have a chance. But not a big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

Notice a few leaves starting to fall from trees...:(

Odelay wrote: »
    Notice a few leaves starting to fall from trees...:(

Soon be time to pick apples. Which will add about half an hour to herding each day.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭Water John

This is a thread that might interest you Judge, pockets of hurling in football areas and vice versa.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058009292

• Registered Users Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Soon be time to pick apples. Which will add about half an hour to herding each day.....

A great complaint to have. I had intentions to start an orchard or fruit trees. This winter/spring hopefully.

The fruit and berry bushes I planted last year- the few berries that grew fed the birds. Must get some blackberries before they are gone although they are slow to ripen this year.

• Advertisement

A great complaint to have. I had intentions to start an orchard or fruit trees. This winter/spring hopefully.

The fruit and berry bushes I planted last year- the few berries that grew fed the birds. Must get some blackberries before they are gone although they are slow to ripen this year.

Young lad going picking apples and blackberries with his granny tomorrow, going to make a crumble and a tart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Passed by the ploughing site there today,good bit of work going on in it,looks like a good dry site,not far from Bunclody and near the M9/10 exit that brings you down that way
    Only an hour from home,if that
    Might go this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

Young lad going picking apples and blackberries with his granny tomorrow, going to make a crumble and a tart.

Absolute favorite blackberry and apple crumble.

Mam made one for me to take back to college, ate it all in one evening....

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

The year doesn't be long going around. Daughter back to school today . Young lad back on Thursday .

One back tomorrow, eldest in on Wed and my baby starts secondary on wed too. Don't know where the time has gone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭emaherx

Oh ffs!

emaherx wrote: »
    Oh ffs!

What are ya doing watching that ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

emaherx wrote: »
    Oh ffs!

No, only keeping humans in schools is "speciesism"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Eldest lad is gone to secondary looked like a zoo to me anyway

What are ya doing watching that ****e

Not my fault.... Work canteen TV, it was tea time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Tis a foreign sport round here, Patsy, I haven't seen more than 10 minutes of football this year, thank God.
    Water John wrote: »
    This is a thread that might interest you Judge, pockets of hurling in football areas and vice versa.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058009292

My own club is very strong in both football and hurling. In fact they have won both senior championships in recent years. It wasn't always that way, football only got going in recent years. When I played, we struggled to even put out a football team, usually only playing the one game a year and no training at all. Hurling was number one.
    At one game, I remember clearly, me and a few others were subs sitting in a car near the end of the pitch. The ball went over the end line and one of the lads in the car, dead serious, shouted "take the corner Mike". Mike picked up the ball and was heading to the corner flag when the laughing from the rest of us stopped him in his tracks.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

My own club is very strong in both football and hurling. In fact they have won both senior championships in recent years. It wasn't always that way, football only got going in recent years. When I played, we struggled to even put out a football team, usually only playing the one game a year and no training at all. Hurling was number one.
    At one game, I remember clearly, me and a few others were subs sitting in a car near the end of the pitch. The ball went over the end line and one of the lads in the car, dead serious, shouted "take the corner Mike". Mike picked up the ball and was heading to the corner flag when the laughing from the rest of us stopped him

In fairness ye have a great record in recent years !

Shooting in Clogherhead this evening. Was there at that time yesterday....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I was away all day at the real non farming job and came home at dusk, I've always kept a few donkey's since I was a child and there usually not too far from the house. My donkey breeding operation died with the Celtic tiger until this time last year I aquired a black jack and 3 of the mare's were duly covered. Fast forward 12 months and one mare aborted and the second foaled a dead foal after complications.

The last mare was springing down for the last month and I had been checking her at first light and dusk since last week. I noticed her lying on her own tonight and watched her give birth to a live black jack within about 15 minutes. Nature truly is amazing when it works out, I'm sitting in the kitchen knackered but content. It's like being a child again, pity there's no money in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

I was away all day at the real non farming job and came home at dusk, I've always kept a few donkey's since I was a child and there usually not too far from the house. My donkey breeding operation died with the Celtic tiger until this time last year I aquired a black jack and 3 of the mare's were duly covered. Fast forward 12 months and one mare aborted and the second foaled a dead foal after complications.

The last mare was springing down for the last month and I had been checking her at first light and dusk since last week. I noticed her lying on her own tonight and watched her give birth to a live black jack within about 15 minutes. Nature truly is amazing when it works out, I'm sitting in the kitchen knackered but content. It's like being a child again, pity there's no money in them.

Moneys not everthing. Once your happy and content!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I'd upload a picture of the newest arrival if anyone was interested. The Lord blessed me with many talents but sadly being tech savvy wasn't one of them, any recommendations of how to go about such? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

this is my attempt at a tutorial.

Firstly save your picture in an easily located folder on your computer.

Go to REPLY TO MESSAGE section on the boards.ie thread.
    Select ADVANCED from the options

Scroll down to ADDITIONAL OPTIONS section and select MANAGE ATTACHMENTS

When the options Menu appears, click on CHOOSE FILE

Locate the .jpg picture file using your FILE EXPLORER, this is where you saved it FOLDER on your computer

Click on the FILE NAME and select OPEN
    The name of your chosen file will appear under CHOOSE FILE

There is a SLIDER at the bottom , push this to the right and you will see an UPLOAD option, select this..

Go back to the main body of your message, and click on the INSERT PICTURE from the top row of icons.(mouse over the icons to view your OPTIONS and scroll down to ADDITIONAL OPTION to SELECT your picture and INSERT the link into the body of your message.

The above info should also work for a pic taken with a mobile phone.

Yum

Yum

Stick the kettle on, I'll be over in a minute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Anybody watching the new series of Peaky Blinders? I recorded the first episode on Sunday night but didn't realise that they were showing the second episode on Monday night so I missed it. Is there anywhere I could get it I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

Parishlad wrote: »
    Anybody watching the new series of Peaky Blinders? I recorded the first episode on Sunday night but didn't realise that they were showing the second episode on Monday night so I missed it. Is there anywhere I could get it I wonder?

Did u series link it?
    Would you get in on demand?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement