Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Local Bakery where daughter did her work experience put up a twitter post with instructions on making bread. Thought it was a nice idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Mooooo wrote: »
    Bloomberg had a study saying it takes 35 days to clear the system from first contact

Having the virus and actually shedding it may be completely different.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Having the virus and actually shedding it may be completely different.

Scientists on U.K. public announcements said that people seem to be spreaders for the first few days they are showing any symptoms. By day 5 it’s negligible and finished by day 7, that’s why they say 7 days isolation when you have symptoms. After day 7 it’s safe to move about again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭roosterman71

@Reggie - any truth in the rumours you guys have been told to be ready to rock from Monday?

How about shopping centres like Blanch ??

Are they allowed open or what is happening with them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

@Reggie - any truth in the rumours you guys have been told to be ready to rock from Monday?

If rumours are to be believed then he’s probably busy shining his boots

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

_Brian wrote: »
    How about shopping centres like Blanch ??

Are they allowed open or what is happening with them ?

It's open today anyway.

Jeez I can see why people were panic buying food.

Girls at home today and they’ve eaten about 3 days worth of food just today.

They made a list of things they want to cook and bake when they are off school so I’ll be gaining probably half stone a week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Yeah army is going to code yellow on monday which is the same as foot and mouth. Just troops ready to move if needed is all it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

20 new cases today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Brought out a good few calves to the Mart on Wednesday "just in case".
    The next day Leo Varadkar announces "guidelines" on corvid and groupings potentially affecting marts and prices.
    I had a prearranged meeting this afternoon in the teagasc office for derogation and when I was there I got the area aid sorted.
    Now I'm home and milking done I get a text that all meetings for dero and aa are from this evening to be done over the phone.

Anyone any requests for where I should visit next?

The next day Leo Varadkar announces "guidelines" on corvid and groupings potentially affecting marts and prices.
    I had a prearranged meeting this afternoon in the teagasc office for derogation and when I was there I got the area aid sorted.
    Now I'm home and milking done I get a text that all meetings for dero and aa are from this evening to be done over the phone.

Yeah china

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dept of Ag, inspection unit:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

_Brian wrote: »
    Local Bakery where daughter did her work experience put up a twitter post with instructions on making bread. Thought it was a nice idea.

Doing themselves out of business

Work placement has ceased for students on farms this evening due to covid 19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

whelan2 wrote: »

Looks like we are just days away from lock down??

ruwithme wrote: »
    Looks like we are just days away from lock down??

My lad is devastated, he was really enjoying it. He'll be stuck with me for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

My lad is devastated, he was really enjoying it. He'll be stuck with me for a while

might be best at least you can keep an eye of who he's in contact now, i wonder if the sales reps will stop calling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Be a wake up call for a lot of farmers this year so it will really show the value of the students when theyve to leave at this busy time.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Travel abroad totally curtailed, tonight. Same done in many EU countries today.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

If it does go in to lock down where does it leave us producers ? Will factories , creameries and distribution centers stay open ? We have to feed ourselves but what happens to a factory who has a worker go down with it , will they have to close for two weeks ? Same for the logistics , i mean these people are receiving or getting produce from every corner of the country .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Water John wrote: »
    Travel abroad totally curtailed, tonight. Same done in many EU countries today.

Anything about flights into the EU?

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

What college is that? Kildalton placements unaffected. Cant see why they should be, not working in a large group in an enclosed area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    What college is that? Kildalton placements unaffected. Cant see why they should be, not working in a large group in an enclosed area.

Plenty of people are still going abroad, not much point to a lockdown when people are behaving selfishly.
    Like the BVD testing there's no point to it unless everyone buys into it.
    A friend has had to cancel his april wedding, must be devastating

wrangler wrote: »
    Plenty of people are still going abroad, not much point to a lockdown when people are behaving selfishly.
    Like the BVD testing there's no point to it unless everyone buys into it.
    A friend has had to cancel his april wedding, must be devastating

I know plenty of people who have cancelled thier travels too. Common sense is prevailing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Reggie. wrote: »
    I know plenty of people who have cancelled thier travels too. Common sense is prevailing

Came to my facebook this morning, applies equally to travel.

Please please think seriously about going out to the pub or gym or other crowded place this weekend. We know COVID19 is spreading in Cork and elsewhere in Ireland, of all those who catch it this weekend around 15% will end up in hospital in 13 days time, that might not be you, but it might be your parent, grandparent or your friend with diabetes/ bloop pressure/ asthma, there may be a bed but there probably won’t be a ventilator when they need it. For every person who catches it today, 2 more people will catch it so in a few weeks we really might see hotels and barracks used as temporary hospitals the numbers could be so huge, as a GP I fear being left looking after people who should be in intensive care and watching them die. Are you really sure your pint tonight is worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

A full ward of new ventilators arrived in hospital my sister works at yesterday so at least we had time to be somewhat prepared. Now they are training in as many people in there use as possible so that when the frontline staff get infected there will be another team ready to take over. This shows how vital the delay stage is, to give medical staff time to get equipment and training in place.

• Advertisement

Must be all hospitals, where my wife works they have doubled ICU capacity in preparation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement