Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

A colleague was giving out mad last week that we weren’t closed last week as she has a very sick father.... she sent a photo from the pub yesterday afternoon while watching the horse racing. No worry about her father then.

She asked were we at anything- I said yes- total lock down. Still doing schoolwork from home and then home schooling my own along with trying to do a few farm jobs.

Sold four cows on Thursday, poor prices but I wanted them gone before a lock down. Two could have done with time in grass and one was a heifer that had one calf and she was butty. But I didn’t want to be keeping the bull away from them for the summer if lock down case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

wrangler wrote: »

Only way to stop them coming back or even going would have been to close the borders after the first day of the festival.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    What college is that? Kildalton placements unaffected. Cant see why they should be, not working in a large group in an enclosed area.

Dkit and ballyhaise its dkit making the decision not Ballyhaise

Came to my facebook this morning, applies equally to travel.

Please please think seriously about going out to the pub or gym or other crowded place this weekend. We know COVID19 is spreading in Cork and elsewhere in Ireland, of all those who catch it this weekend around 15% will end up in hospital in 13 days time, that might not be you, but it might be your parent, grandparent or your friend with diabetes/ bloop pressure/ asthma, there may be a bed but there probably won’t be a ventilator when they need it. For every person who catches it today, 2 more people will catch it so in a few weeks we really might see hotels and barracks used as temporary hospitals the numbers could be so huge, as a GP I fear being left looking after people who should be in intensive care and watching them die. Are you really sure your pint tonight is worth it?

Alot of local restaurants are now offering a delivery service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

whelan2 wrote: »

They have to do something it's going to hit the hotel and food services trade really bad. I feel for them. Even the small artisan producer will be under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

_Brian wrote: »
    Must be all hospitals, where my wife works they have doubled ICU capacity in preparation.

Did she get the redeployment email that's going to kick in when the sh1te hits the fan

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Came to my facebook this morning, applies equally to travel.

Please please think seriously about going out to the pub or gym or other crowded place this weekend. We know COVID19 is spreading in Cork and elsewhere in Ireland, of all those who catch it this weekend around 15% will end up in hospital in 13 days time, that might not be you, but it might be your parent, grandparent or your friend with diabetes/ bloop pressure/ asthma, there may be a bed but there probably won’t be a ventilator when they need it. For every person who catches it today, 2 more people will catch it so in a few weeks we really might see hotels and barracks used as temporary hospitals the numbers could be so huge, as a GP I fear being left looking after people who should be in intensive care and watching them die. Are you really sure your pint tonight is worth it?

Yep. Havnt gone to the gym in a week. Worst place to be in fairness. Heard slot of pubs are fairly empty most evenings too since thursday

Greville arms in mullingar is doing take away for the first time ever. In business a good few years now. Adapt and overcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭davidk1394

There's a lot of false and misleading information going around via WhatsApp messages. Group chats are hopping with rumours about the army, the guards and hospitals. Unfortunately a lot of people are falling for this information, mainly older generations.

Texted a couple of vulnerable neighbours this morning if they need anything to let me know. No need for them to be going out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Texted a couple of vulnerable neighbours this morning if they need anything to let me know. No need for them to be going out

good work, but try to make time to ring them if you get a chance especially if they are alone,

with all the doom and gloom and sh1te weather , a few minutes chat often goes does a lot to lift the spirits,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

davidk1394 wrote: »
    There's a lot of false and misleading information going around via WhatsApp messages. Group chats are hopping with rumours about the army, the guards and hospitals. Unfortunately a lot of people are falling for this information, mainly older generations.

Heard from a lad this morning that he was given a letter stating that he works for a medical company in front line services and that he needs to carry the letter with him at all times.

It might just be preparing for a worst case scenario but we might not be far off from a restriction of movements if the number of cases stay rising at the levels from yesterday.

Lots of rumours that schools will stay closed till September as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

By my reckoning since Christmas I've had one day without rain where I'm off work trying to do a few jobs.
    Between this ****e weather and Covid19 I'm fair sick of it. Nothing but water and slurry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    By my reckoning since Christmas I've had one day without rain where I'm off work trying to do a few jobs.
    Between this ****e weather and Covid19 I'm fair sick of it. Nothing but water and slurry

Haven't seen 2full dry days here since last year. Contractor took out their umbilical gear back in early October and it hasn't come off the tractors since. Pumping away during closed season as well. Some places getting pumped once a month or more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

CHOPS01 wrote: »

It’s bloody depressing st the moment

39 new cases and 1 new death

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Italy had 175 new deaths today. UK 10 new deaths. Boris needs to get his head out of the sand - 'herd immunity' how are you..........

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

Youngest lad has been using clearasil to wash his hands the last few days :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I'm at a loss as to what to do. I live nearly an hour away from home. Afraid of my ****e to go home to help the auld lad around home (he's 73). Would normally spend every weekend there at whatever nonsense he'd thought of during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Temple bar, is the place to go after you get back from Cheltenham.

https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I'm at a loss as to what to do. I live nearly an hour away from home. Afraid of my ****e to go home to help the auld lad around home (he's 73). Would normally spend every weekend there at whatever nonsense he'd thought of during the week

Go home and help him. Wouldn't it be worse if something happened and you weren't there?

Look this virus is guaranteed now that everyone is going to come into contact with it maybe not today but at some point in the near future and perhaps maybe already has.

If you're worried tell him to stock up on the selenium. People might laugh but phuck em. Do it anyways.( Look it up on previous viruses.) That's what I've got the folks here to do as well as myself and the father would be 83 come this Patrick's day. Maybe a multivitamin tablet as well. They get the selenium from brazil nuts that I bought in bulk online. Two or three a day. A few more either won't kill anyone.
    After that there's not much more you or I can do.

If it pleases yourself wear a mask when you're there. It'll stop you spreading it if you had it.

Don't be fretting. Easier said than done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

i see at least 2 bars in Tralee that are closing for March due to this virus , thats not a bloody good sign at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

This thing is gonna last for weeks if not months, can he operate by himself for that long?

What is your contact with the public?

I’m a teacher but have been doing my best to minimise “social interaction”

My mam (76) would go loopers if someone didn’t visit her. Within the confines of home. I keep 3-4meters away and clean before and after me. I do the jobs around home she needs.

Then with all that done, she went to the chemist and stood waiting so long, the chemist told her she would be better off waiting in the car but she didn’t want to offend people that were coming up talking to her.

At the end of the day, this could be a long term thing, either with this virus or another so we have to find workable solutions.

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    i see at least 2 bars in Tralee that are closing for March due to this virus , thats not a bloody good sign at all

It's a great sign tbh. They need to close to get this under control

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

It's a great sign tbh. They need to close to get this under control

oh i meant that even when publicans are closing its not a good sign of whats coming towards us, theres talk of greed among pharmacies cashing in on this but hopefully that will be remembered , its time for good people to look after good people, this could get very rough

• Advertisement

Must look for the bottle of Poitin in the sheds- it might be needed yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement