Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »
    Herself was saying that it’s moving to GP being able to order the tests and it will take 3-4 days to get a result.

Yeah. Theres a centre in mullingar that you go to for testing once referred to by a GP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

_Brian wrote: »
    Herself was saying that it’s moving to GP being able to order the tests and it will take 3-4 days to get a result.

There's a new test now that takes 20 mins,OH thinks hospital labs might be able to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Just to put some perspective on this from my girlfriends side

An ex colleague of hers who left last month almost defiantly has it at the moment, but hasn’t been tested
    The reason he has it is that his new boss got it and was tested positive
    A current colleague of my girlfriend almost defiantly has it
    The reason she has it is that 4 people in her husbands office have tested positive for it

So either she’s unlucky and has connection to a sizeable %age of the cases in the country OR the number who have it is way bigger than we are lead to believe

Heat maps and all this stuff don’t matter a damn. In the next few days the numbers will be huge

Panch18 wrote: »
    Just to put some perspective on this from my girlfriends side

An ex colleague of hers who left last month almost defiantly has it at the moment, but hasn’t been tested
    The reason he has it is that his new boss got it and was tested positive
    A current colleague of my girlfriend almost defiantly has it
    The reason she has it is that 4 people in her husbands office have tested positive for it

So either she’s unlucky and has connection to a sizeable %age of the cases in the country OR the number who have it is way bigger than we are lead to believe

Heat maps and all this stuff don’t matter a damn. In the next few days the numbers will be huge

Could have been in the country since january. No one really knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Reportedly 3 cases in Cootehill, here in Cavan.
    Supposed to be employees in the pharma/infant-formula plant there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

Why am I getting 13 year old threads on the opening page?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The Judge said there's a glitch some days ago and the office is working on it. I think you Refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Reportedly 3 cases in Cootehill, here in Cavan.
    Supposed to be employees in the pharma/infant-formula plant there.

Heard that this morning, must be something to it.

• Advertisement

tanko wrote: »
    Heard that this morning, must be something to it.

Heard of 4 in tullamore a few days ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Reggie. wrote: »
    Heard of 4 in tullamore a few days ago

There were 4 within 2kms of me 2 weeks ago
    2 of them are home now and fully recovered
    One is a dairy farmer
    Doubtless there are many more now and growing, so the chances of this virus hitting vulnerable people we all know is rising
    And by vulnerable, I mean old or immunocompromised like diabetes or asthma or cancer patients and more
    We will see some of them dying before their time,maybe 100's

Why am I getting 13 year old threads on the opening page?

Coronavirus, would you believe?

The demand on the servers is huge at times and, when demand spikes, the servers can't wholly cope and throws up the opening threads in different forums.

F5/refresh usually cures it but it might take a few goes.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    There were 4 within 2kms of me 2 weeks ago
    2 of them are home now and fully recovered
    One is a dairy farmer
    Doubtless there are many more now and growing, so the chances of this virus hitting vulnerable people we all know is rising
    And by vulnerable, I mean old or immunocompromised like diabetes or asthma or cancer patients and more
    We will see some of them dying before their time,maybe 100's

I'd say its rampant atm just some people aren't sure if they have it. I've a dirty head cold since dec and still with me. Blasted thing keeps coming and going. For all I know I could have a very mild case of it unknown to myself. I'd say going forward itll be a case if prioritising patients and letting people like myself fight it at home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Sent out a text message just now to the wider family, saying "How you all doing, all here ok for the time being anyhow"

Predictive text changed it to "How you all doing, all hetrosexual for the time being anyhow"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Sent out a text message just now to the wider family, saying "How you all doing, all here ok for the time being anyhow"

Predictive text changed it to "How you all doing, all hetrosexual for the time being anyhow"

Yeah ... i hate that damp productive text...😆

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Wait till that makes it to Whatsapp that the virus may turn you gay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Those damn reproductive sext messages

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

The man who invented predictive text died yesterday....
    His funfair is next monkey! :=)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

The man who invented predictive text died yesterday....
    His funfair is next monkey! :=)

Back in the day of button phones ya had to be careful texting coal
    anal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ganmo wrote: »
    Back in the day of button phones ya had to be careful texting coal
    anal
    "Are you going for a riot?"

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

lads i bought a 10 ltr water heater for making up maverick mix today its 2 kw should i return it for a 3 kw or would it be fast enough to heat water ill be rearing apporx 20 calves ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

The demand on the servers is huge at times and, when demand spikes, the servers can't wholly cope and throws up the opening threads in different forums.

F5/refresh usually cures it but it might take a few goes.

its a right balls how they cant sort it fecking joke

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

lab man wrote: »
    TBH if I was paying a subscription I'd agree with you but I don't and neither do you, so maybe back off on the criticism a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,565 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

lads i bought a 10 ltr water heater for making up maverick mix today its 2 kw should i return it for a 3 kw or would it be fast enough to heat water ill be rearing apporx 20 calves ?

We run the jester on a timer when we’re feeding. Works well.

I’d wonder more about volume, 10l May be a bit tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I remember being in a pub in Hollymount Mayo back in the 80's which was famous for its lock ins - at 3am the slightly jarred landlord announced " Have ye no Homosexuals to go to??":pac:

Like everything else, it costs money, big money, to increase access capacity. And there are more urgent problems to deal with as regards upgrading software, tbh.

Just to get an idea of the increase in demand, click onto the social and fun tab on laptop. AH and CA used to have 800 or 900 people in total viewing whenever I checked it and they were the biggest forums on here. I looked today and the new Coronavirus forum had over 2k viewing and another 500 or 600 hundred on AH and CA.

Apologies for the shortfall but demand is absolutely manic these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Is it true the owner of boards lives in Singapore on a diet of coke and hookers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Is it true the owner of boards lives in Singapore on a diet of coke and hookers?

I heard it was Ballinagore on a diet of pork and cookies 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement