Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

whelan2 wrote: »
    Happy saint Patrick's day. It will be one we wont forget for a long time.

Meh, parade wasn't great, hardly worth remembering :D

This thread is a great contraceptive today :pac:

I'm sorry ☹️

Kids are great really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

emaherx wrote: »
    I'm sorry ☹️

Kids are great really.

All the same, I think I'll stick with cats for the next while :D They have the same fascination for heights and climbing but usually land on their feet instead of their heads!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

The Carbon word?
    Some absolutely brain dead entertainment is all I could handle now.
    It pissing rain here, we're going to get 3 dry days if we're lucky and it's to piss again on Sat. I don't want anyone getting their hopes up!

Yep that carbon word..

Rain for you Sat. None for me. Probably none for me for the next 10 days.. (Ramp em up to phuck). :D
    It's the chance for the tillage boys to get work done. If they have the seed and fert that is?

Put in Muddin on the search bar on YT. ;)

All the same, I think I'll stick with cats for the next while :D They have the same fascination for heights and climbing but usually land on their feet instead of their heads!

At this age they have a level of confidence that is both amazing and terrifying.

506033.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

At this age they have a level of confidence that is both amazing and terrifying.

506033.jpg
    The no fear walk....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,565 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

See Leo is set for a big broadcast at 9pm on tv and radio.

Will he announce a further lockdown?

Taoiseach to broadcast to country on Covid-19 at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »

I hope so

At about that size myself and the brother used to climb to the rafters of the hayshed & using the stolen parasol from the outdoor table, we'd jump off into a big pile of loose hay....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

At about that size myself and the brother used to climb to the rafters of the hayshed & using the stolen parasol from the outdoor table, we'd jump off into a big pile of loose hay....:pac:

We used to do that too without the parasol sixty years ago ,it's a long long time since i saw loose hay in a hayshed.
    I thought you were a young onee

wrangler wrote: »
    We used to do that too without the parasol sixty years ago ,it's a long long time since i saw loose hay in a hayshed.
    I thought you were a young onee

Don't think over 30 qualifies as young any more! We always had loose hay in cocks in two meadows up a lane the baler couldn't go through, was loaded onto a trailer & thrown into the shed or else put through the square baler we had. If it was working that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

Nice video for any tractor heads in lock down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wCq2gJtjGk

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

Don't think over 30 qualifies as young any more! We always had loose hay in cocks in two meadows up a lane the baler couldn't go through, was loaded onto a trailer & thrown into the shed or else put through the square baler we had. If it was working that is.

oh that bit brings back memories, used to hate that machine as a kid on the plus side it sure did expand my fecking vocabulary! :eek:

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    oh that bit brings back memories, used to hate that machine as a kid on the plus side it sure did expand my fecking vocabulary! :eek:

I dunno the name for it but the wooden plank that was on the 'feeder' which sorta circled above the baler itself used to be a heartbreaker for us. I used to be sent running off to the carpenter down the road for replacements!

She's 2
    You really were adventurous so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

He never thanked the farmers who provide the food

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

He never thanked the farmers who provide the food

She's 2
    You really were adventurous so :D

Christ she looks taller! Fprgot you'd mentioned her being 2 earlier. I was 5 or so :D

Christ she looks taller! Fprgot you'd mentioned her being 2 earlier. I was 5 or so :D

She is tall, like her mammy who I literally look up to :D

• Advertisement

You forgot a bit Haywire;
    'I was 5 but had the sense of a 2 yr old'.

Water John wrote: »
    You forgot a bit Haywire;
    'I was 5 but had the sense of a 2 yr old'.

That would lead to the assumption that I got sense at some stage though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

Anyone else pissed off with Leo forgetting about the people who produce milk, beef, lamb , chicken , veg and indeed our comrades out at sea , the very people who are on the frontline everyday , day in day out , not looking for a clap on the back but i hope he chokes on his imported food

As a farmer I'm not that insecure. Have a couple of frontline workers in the medical professions in the family, no comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    Anyone else pissed off with Leo forgetting about the people who produce milk, beef, lamb , chicken , veg and indeed our comrades out at sea , the very people who are on the frontline everyday , day in day out , not looking for a clap on the back but i hope he chokes on his imported food

There is numerous posts like this on Facebook and I think it’s absolutely nonsense. As someone said do farmers want a pat on the head for day following night? This is all about the health care workers, for now. Even if you don’t agree, know when you pick your battles

• Registered Users Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

After all this is over. The free travel of citizens and migrants coming into the EU which was pre covid. After covid will no doubt be changed somewhat.
    Countries have taken back their borders and some autonomy and won't like to go back to pre covid.
    It's already been seen with more nationalistic fervour these past few days in the various countries over rowing in behind an EU cause. The country comes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,565 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Anyone considering volunteering themselves on the hse website ??

I’ll look into it.

While work is quiet I’m still employed.

Plus herself is working more and more hours in the hospital and Im home with kids making dinners and keeping things going here with the kids, part of me thinks one of us out in increased risk is enough.

Larger countries may also impose regional movement restrictions. It's not driven by nationalism, it's a means to control the spread.
    Certainly can see internal flights in the US being limited.

Brian, looking after you family is your contribution when your OH is at the frontline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭straight

There is numerous posts like this on Facebook and I think it’s absolutely nonsense. As someone said do farmers want a pat on the head for day following night? This is all about the health care workers, for now. Even if you don’t agree, know when you pick your battles

Health care workers go without saying but the people in the shops have it really bad and small pay too. Farmers are pretty removed via their isolation for the moment thank god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

After all this is over. The free travel of citizens and migrants coming into the EU which was pre covid. After covid will no doubt be changed somewhat.
    Countries have taken back their borders and some autonomy and won't like to go back to pre covid.
    It's already been seen with more nationalistic fervour these past few days in the various countries over rowing in behind an EU cause. The country comes first.

Maybe the brexit voters were right after all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement