Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Parishlad wrote: »
    Anybody watching the new series of Peaky Blinders? I recorded the first episode on Sunday night but didn't realise that they were showing the second episode on Monday night so I missed it. Is there anywhere I could get it I wonder?

Projectfreetv

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There was an interesting program on rte2 just now.
    The secret life of Farm Animals.

It was an hour long and tonight's was about cows.
    It was filmed in the U.K. Dairy Shorthorn, longhorn and a Hereford herd.

Maybe it can be caught again on the player.

Edit: it's just started again on rte2 +1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

There was an interesting program on rte2 just now.
    The secret life of Farm Animals.

It was an hour long and tonight's was about cows.
    It was filmed in the U.K. Dairy Shorthorn, longhorn and a Hereford herd.

Maybe it can be caught again on the player.

Edit: it's just started again on rte2 +1

Full house watched it here...kids were amazed by it!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

naughto wrote: »
    Did u series link it?
    Would you get in on demand?

No, not series linked. I was out doing a few jobs so just asked herself to record it.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Parishlad wrote: »
    Anybody watching the new series of Peaky Blinders? I recorded the first episode on Sunday night but didn't realise that they were showing the second episode on Monday night so I missed it. Is there anywhere I could get it I wonder?

BBC player should have it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Have bales made 2 days ago. Thing is that I've to check the bales to see if they were chopped fully as the Baler man discovered an issue with the knives on the next job. When would it be ok to feed out a bale? 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭148multi

Reggie. wrote: »
    Have bales made 2 days ago. Thing is that I've to check the bales to see if they were chopped fully as the Baler man discovered an issue with the knives on the next job. When would it be ok to feed out a bale? 2 weeks?

There was problems last year with bales not fermented, stuff baled in October and fed in the end of Nov or early Dec, if I remember correctly lads were saying 7-8 weeks, think there was chat on here about it too.

You can go straightaway if it's 2 days ago.
    What's the difference in that and zero grazing?
    Whether your stock are hungry enough is a different matter.
    I'd be trying to wangle getting the baler man to knock that bale off the bill since you do have to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Why do you want to open it, surely chopped or not it'll preserve alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

wrangler wrote: »
    Why do you want to open it, surely chopped or not it'll preserve alright

Perhaps Reggie wants to sell them, I'd be fairly peed off if I bought chopped bales & discovered them unchopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Perhaps Reggie wants to sell them, I'd be fairly peed off if I bought chopped bales & discovered them unchopped.

He didn't say that, life's hard enough without having to feed silage in September though just for the hell of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

wrangler wrote: »
    He didn't say that, life's hard enough without having to feed silage in September though just for the hell of it

It's one bale, not exactly going to break his back at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

It's one bale, not exactly going to break his back at it.

Ya wouldn’t know now, Reggie’s no spring chicken! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Ya wouldn’t know now, Reggie’s no spring chicken! :D

New tractors with soft seats and air con makes these lads very soft indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I'm off on a few days away in a couple of weeks with the wife and 1 year old. Was thinking of Wexford. Anyone any experience or recommend a spot to stay in?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Farmers kitchen is a nice place. A bit outside Wexford town but it's easy to get to.

Stayed in the Talbot Hotel too, lovely place but too noisy for meself to sleep at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I just heard on the news that due to the increase numbers of children with measles we may loose our measles free status. I never knew we had a measles free status.

I'm off on a few days away in a couple of weeks with the wife and 1 year old. Was thinking of Wexford. Anyone any experience or recommend a spot to stay in?

Kelly's resort, Rosslare seems to be the place where all the fendt drivers go.
    Haven't been. But they all seem to be repeat customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Clear herd test :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

ffs They would be better buying a Fendt eye watering prices
    Riverside in Enniscorthy would be better for ye and you can go and look at the state of the paddocks with say my name
    Kelly's is not child friendly was there for a birthday at Easter think the blackstairs blues is on in Enniscorthy this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Amber springs in Gorey

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Base price wrote: »
    I just heard on the news that due to the increase numbers of children with measles we may loose our measles free status. I never knew we had a measles free status.

Is that due to low uptake of the vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    Is that due to low uptake of the vaccine?

Combined with the number of outbreaks were seeing.

A successful vaccine creates a herd level protection, fall below a certain level of immunised people and it’s all lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Farmers kitchen is a nice place. A bit outside Wexford town but it's easy to get to.

Stayed in the Talbot Hotel too, lovely place but too noisy for meself to sleep at night.

Was thinking the Talbot apartments alright. Kinda want 2 rooms so I can dump the young lad in when he goes to bed and I can relax with the telly and a pint or 2 next door. This seems to tick the boxes

These boys know how to charge! So no :pac:
    grassroot1 wrote: »
    ffs They would be better buying a Fendt eye watering prices
    Riverside in Enniscorthy would be better for ye and you can go and look at the state of the paddocks with say my name
    Kelly's is not child friendly was there for a birthday at Easter think the blackstairs blues is on in Enniscorthy this weekend

The Riverside don't do the 2 room setup, so roosterwoman says no
    dzer2 wrote: »
    Amber springs in Gorey
    Nice, but no availability on my dates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Clear herd test :D

And all the cows and heifers scanned in calf aswell. Good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I see the minister is holding back 15% of ANC payment until this December. The sceptic in me says it to affect strikes.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/15-anc-payment-holdback-a-blow-to-farmers/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

I see the minister is holding back 15% of ANC payment this December. The sceptic in me says it to affect strikes.

Sure that will only drive them on.

Was there a reason given?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Odelay wrote: »
    Sure that will only drive them on.

Was there a reason given?

No reason just that’s it’s within regulations. I’ve a link put in that I forgot but I haven’t it hyperlinked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

No reason just that’s it’s within regulations. I’ve a link put in that I forgot but I haven’t it hyperlinked.

I just added the link there, KK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

a link on a page that is not hyperlinked can be copied and pasted into the internet address bar, to activate it.

Apologies, if I misread your post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement