Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

There's a few changes to TB testing after being agreed. Calves can be traded up to 120 days for internal trade though the 42 day requirement for export stays. Concessions for TB testing for older farmers are agreed as well to postpone testing without penalty for a period.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/new-tb-testing-concessions-agreed-due-to-covid-19-537739

****ing subscriber only

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Reggie. wrote: »
    ****ing subscriber only

Funny, when they runai article slagging Beef Plan it’s not behind the paywall. Politically driven news is rarely worth bothering with.

_Brian wrote: »
    Funny, when they runai article slagging Beef Plan it’s not behind the paywall. Politically driven news is rarely worth bothering with.

Just had to wait a little while

Check this out on Agriland - Calves to be exempted from TB testing up to 120 days – IFA https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/calves-to-be-exempted-from-tb-testing-up-to-120-days-ifa/

Just had to wait a little while

Check this out on Agriland - Calves to be exempted from TB testing up to 120 days – IFA https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/calves-to-be-exempted-from-tb-testing-up-to-120-days-ifa/

TB testing only getting a 28 day extra grace

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Thank fook March is over. Hopefully by the end of April we'll have a handle on covid

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    Thank fook March is over. Hopefully by the end of April we'll have a handle on covid

Bet ya said that in feb too

Bet ya said that in feb too

Covid was only diagnosed here in March. January was a long month too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Covid was only diagnosed here in March. January was a long month too

I think 2020 is going to be long. We'll probably be blown out of the solar system by an astroid before 2021 though :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Could do with a sup of rain to soften things here in the south-east. What little grass is growing is weak and brittle with that harsh wind.

Talk of rain at the weekend so that might lift temperatures too. How quickly things have changed in the last two weeks: muck and sh*te everywhere then to a drought now!

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

****ing subscriber only

Sorry, Reggie, the tweet I got it from wasn't tagged as a subscriber tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭straight

Could do with a sup of rain to soften things here in the south-east. What little grass is growing is weak and brittle with that harsh wind.

Talk of rain at the weekend so that might lift temperatures too. How quickly things have changed in the last two weeks: muck and sh*te everywhere then to a drought now!

How DARE YOU!!!!!!

straight wrote: »
    How DARE YOU!!!!!!

There's always one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Yep, need a bit here alright. Ground is like iron

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

emaherx wrote: »
    I think 2020 is going to be long. We'll probably be blown out of the solar system by an astroid before 2021 though :D

Could you imagine George Lee on that one..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Yep, need a bit here alright. Ground is like iron

I dunno about rain, good bit of grain to be sown yet and you'd like to see lads get that it over the next few days maybe...

But looking about the place this morning, grass is going backwards. Grass that should be looking lovely and green and lush is turning brown from the hard cold wind...

I think we need higher temp more than rain, but we really need the cold wind gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Anywhere that got dung or slurry is flying it still.
    Even if it's grazed the same ground has strong regrowths.

We're fairly dry here atm too but there's neighbours with meadows of grass on top of shale hills that got slurry and fert.

That said the small fields with high shelter from the east are performing a lot better than the open fields. If farmers would open their eyes they might see that there was reasons for the ditch being put there and not be cursing it at bps time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Base price wrote: »

Go home, sit down, make a cup of tea, and look at the calendar....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

:D
    Green Party

Green Party leader and south-facing window salad campaigner Eamon Ryan has expressed delight at the news.

“What a time to be alive,” Ryan told a media gathering on the plinth outside Leinster House this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Next related headline is '20,000 sheep killed by wolves in Europe every year'

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

As they say around here ya d swallow the fridge as well as the house.
    What date is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Ah lads I know what day it is. I was wondering would anyone react to the article.
    BTW Daisy calved last night on her own with a healthy bull calf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Green Party leader and south-facing window salad campaigner Eamon Ryan has expressed delight at the news.

“What a time to be alive,” Ryan told a media gathering on the plinth outside Leinster House this morning

Is this an April's fool joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Bullocks wrote: »

“What a time to be alive,” Ryan told a media gathering on the plinth outside Leinster House this morning

Nice to see a bit of craic around 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bullocks wrote: »

No, Eamon Ryan really is a politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Thank you for that,. I was just about to reach for my blood pressure monitor, but can find the pressure going down now, like air out of a punctured tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Lads are hardware shops open, I’ve a few jobs to get done, I need some glass nails, sky hooks and a glass hammer if anyone knows where I can get them....maybe online. Thanks Mac

Great news on the wolves......I’ll be making money thanks to that scheme:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Great news on the wolves......I’ll be making money thanks to that scheme:D

If you fence them in, they might become part of some environmental scheme!

Didn't fellas try ostrich farming here back in the 90s???

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

3 borrowed days yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement