Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭toleratethis

I see the minister is holding back 15% of ANC payment until this December. The sceptic in me says it to affect strikes.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/15-anc-payment-holdback-a-blow-to-farmers/

I'd already changed my vote away from them, but if that's delayed I'll happily campaign against them in GE19/20.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I'd upload a picture of the newest arrival if anyone was interested. The Lord blessed me with many talents but sadly being tech savvy wasn't one of them, any recommendations of how to go about such? Thanks in advance.

If you want to attempt an upload picture of the dunkey foal....

Take a picture on your phone.
    Then go onto https://postimages.org/
    And press "Choose images"
    Then camera or browse should show up.
    If you've taken the picture beforehand like I said. Then press browse and go down the list to camera and pick your picture for upload.
    When it's uploaded, click on the second line below the picture, where it says copy. I think it's direct link. This will save a link on your phone.
    Then do your message on boards and press on the blinking line that is where you type your letters in the message. If you press that, a blue dot comes up. Press on that and your saved link to your picture comes up.
    Then just wrap in front of your second img tag. This will embed the picture in your message.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Combined with the number of outbreaks were seeing.

A successful vaccine creates a herd level protection, fall below a certain level of immunised people and it’s all lost.

Some people talk such crap scaremongering . Just today a neighbour has up not to let your kids get the HPV vaccine. Her kids weren't done with mmr. Ridiculous, the effects of getting the measles us alot worse than what can happen if you get the shots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Anybody’s know what this one horned caterpillar will turn into? My 4yo says the horn is for sticking into other caterpillars. :)

489439.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Anybody’s know what this one horned caterpillar will turn into? My 4yo says the horn is for sticking into other caterpillars. :)

Rhino :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Rhino :pac:

My oh told her it was a cross between our little ones favorite things- unicorns and butterflies. Now it it came out with glitter and multicolored. She’d be happy out.

Just to put the frighteners on ye that ye don't know what crap ye are eating anymore. Even the famous Kerry Group can't guarrantee the quality of their food anymore. Made in Ireland just means processed from the various cheapest bits of meat from anywhere on the globe.

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/agri-business/agri-food/not-the-full-irish-katy-mcguinness-explores-the-true-origins-of-irish-foods-37834777.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Grey dagger moth caterpillar.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I'm afraid I've given up on posting the pictures tbh, for whatever reason I can't figure it out. Just home from another massive sheep sale, I'm gone since 8 this morning and knackered now. I'll try and sleep though some of the rain warning that's promised for tomorrow.

Irish users are mentioned....so anyone here have any experience of this Vi-Aqua magic water?

https://m.facebook.com/brenda.tenerelliSacredRose/posts/10218349549122677

http://www.eliteequinesupplies.com/viaqua.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Non farming related but ye are a very resourceful bunch! Any of ye able to watch bbc Iplayer in Ireland? Do you need to pay for a vpn?

Also not really farming related but Woodies in Carrick on Shannon have 24 packs of batteries- AA & AAA for .97c, down from around 6eur. If you're passing any branch or were going in for anything they're fairly good at that price for headtorches/lamps in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Non farming related but ye are a very resourceful bunch! Any of ye able to watch bbc Iplayer in Ireland? Do you need to pay for a vpn?

We watch BBC iplayer but OH is the techie here and I know she objects to paying for software.

Did you try googling it

https://www.google.ie/search?source=hp&ei=Lj1pXaODKtKU1fAP2oaT8As&q=hide+your+ip+address&oq=hi&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.35i39l2j0i67l7j0.1397.1719..5046...0.0..0.93.180.2......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131.xP_zbAhssNs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

wrangler wrote: »

Cheers wrangler. Ya I googled and went into a few of the sites but they ended up wanting a subscription. I’m a bit sceptical of these kinda things and would love to get a recommendation for peace of mind if you know what I mean

Cheers wrangler. Ya I googled and went into a few of the sites but they ended up wanting a subscription. I’m a bit sceptical of these kinda things and would love to get a recommendation for peace of mind if you know what I mean

unlocator.com do a free trial afaik. Will work for a week anyway.

I opened my first aid kit in the dairy this evening as I needed a bandage for one of the kids. Now it's probably the first time it has been opened in about 3 years. It was half full of water and about 10 slugs in it. Imagine opening it in front of the bord bia inspector :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

whelan2 wrote: »
    I opened my first aid kit in the dairy this evening as I needed a bandage for one of the kids. Now it's probably the first time it has been opened in about 3 years. It was half full of water and about 10 slugs in it. Imagine opening it in front of the bord bia inspector :)
    Do they not have a best before date?

Base price wrote: »
    Do they not have a best before date?

I dont know but mines in the bin now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭148multi

Board bia certified meat and Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

489497.jpg
    A fcuking mink got into the hen house
    Heres the fcuker
    Killed 3 hens before we got the Gun
    You can see him there peeping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

I don't know how tech savie you are but, I use 'UFO Vpn basic' app on my phone. Set location to London UK and I can watch it on the phone or cast it from the phone to the TV ( you'd need a smart TV or chromecast to cast it).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

There's out of date stamps on bandages etc too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Mortelaro wrote: »
    A fcuking mink got into the hen house
    Heres the fcuker
    Killed 3 hens before we got the Gun
    You can see him there peeping
    Hateful feckers but apparently nice to wear although I never had the luxury. If there is one then there are probably more in your area so keep vigilant. I would suggest getting electric poultry fencing to surround the hen house/run.
    https://www.agridirect.ie/product/electric-poultry-netting

Was there/Is there a thread here about nature on the farm photos? I thought there had been but can't find it in search.

Was there/Is there a thread here about nature on the farm photos? I thought there had been but can't find it in search.

Still can't find one, was sure there was one. Anyhew, this hear is a mighty beastie, the size of my ring finger & found on my front street this morning. Relocated to a fuchsia bush but scared the crap out of me until I knew what it was. An Elephant Hawk moth caterpillar. A beautiful blend of ick & amazing.

92L6vmsh.jpg

Na5WJIeh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

^^^^^^ Found one here yesterday in the raised bed when I was pulling the onions.

^^^^^^ Found one here yesterday in the raised bed when I was pulling the onions.

I hadn't a clue what it was! Thought a hairy horse at first but then as i got closer I seen no hairs. Spent half an hour watching it, no idea what it was but thank feck for Google.

Still can't find one, was sure there was one. Anyhew, this hear is a mighty beastie, the size of my ring finger & found on my front street this morning. Relocated to a fuchsia bush but scared the crap out of me until I knew what it was. An Elephant Hawk moth caterpillar. A beautiful blend of ick & amazing.

92L6vmsh.jpg

Na5WJIeh.jpg

Maybe start up a new thread?

I think there was one of the monthly photo comps had a nature theme?
    There was also a "what's growing on your ditch?" thread a long time ago.

It might lighten the mood around here from all this point scoring.

Maybe start up a new thread?

I think there was one of the monthly photo comps had a nature theme?
    There was also a "what's growing on your ditch?" thread a long time ago.

It might lighten the mood around here from all this point scoring.

That's the one I was thinking of! Yerrah sure why not, bail out to new thred!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Where is the protest thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement