Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Water John wrote: »
    Feck it Blue, had forgotton about that and was going to boil a nice piece of bacon for the dinner. Now you'll have me hungry too.

I'm off to get a fresh cod

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

All water based recreation is banned. Does that include cod fishing:)

All water based recreation is banned. Does that include cod fishing:)

Ha, the cod I'll be having will be well dead

I hope so. Will it be cooked in animal fat?

Religion is so complicated sometimes.

Any of you heathens go to a church today?

I hope so. Will it be cooked in animal fat?

Religion is so complicated sometimes.

Any of you heathens go to a church today?

It was lovely. Thinking of having a can of bulmers to wash it down with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Had salmon here with roasted veg and spuds
    A bottle of wine and now a Heineken.
    Young lads gone for a 10k run to keep up their fitness.
    Going for a walk myself

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We had beef burgers sold by local farmer killing his own animals.

Was just stunning.

We had salad too so maybe we’re not going to hell.

Washed them down with a beer

Them - I had two and they were glorious and I’m hardly fit to walk I’m so stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Butcher on the news said, with lockdown, the sales of choice roast cuts had doubled.

It could be the first time in years that some people had to cook their own Easter Sunday dinner and eat at home.

It could be the first time in years that some people had to cook their own Easter Sunday dinner and eat at home.

Have a bit of ham here to go in the slow cooker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

An awful huger for a steak or seafood washed down with a pint at a local restaurant.
    Missing the simple things, missing Saturday lunch and a chat over the papers with my mother. In her eighties now, so have to keep my distance.

Odelay wrote: »
    An awful huger for a steak or seafood washed down with a pint at a local restaurant.
    Missing the simple things, missing Saturday lunch and a chat over the papers with my mother. In her eighties now, so have to keep my distance.

Was my mother's birthday today. My sister who lives in Dublin decided we would do a zoom chat thingy with her. Chat was to be at 6.30 then we realised that my mother didn't have zoom on her phone :pac: my mother hasn't been out in afew weeks.I went up with my daughter and got her phone and set it up. Standing on doorstep. Strange way to celebrate your birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was my mother's birthday today. My sister who lives in Dublin decided we would do a zoom chat thingy with her. Chat was to be at 6.30 then we realised that my mother didn't have zoom on her phone :pac: my mother hasn't been out in afew weeks.I went up with my daughter and got her phone and set it up. Standing on doorstep. Strange way to celebrate your birthday

But you did
    Allot of kids birthdays missed too
    Different times

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Anyone ever tear the tendon in their elbow ?
    I've been cleaning back the ditch at the side of the house for the last few days. Working the slasher yesterday evening and with a fairly light swing something went in my elbow.
    Mild pain now but if I straighten the arm and lock the elbow I get an unmerciful dart of pain. It's right on the elbow so assuming can only be the tendon.
    I did a simular injury during the snow of Winter 2010/ Spring 11. I was chipping frozen snow off the driveway with a shovel for a few hours. I couldn't drink a cup of coffee or hold the phone to my ear as my right elbow would lock half way. Worst of all I couldn't fly fish when the season started on Paddy's day. I tried to convince my GP to give me a cortisone injection into it but he told me to learn to cast with my left arm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

wrangler wrote: »
    Discussion group (I think )
    We had a sheep conference call yesterday, worked well if you could stop everyone talking at once

Person in charge can usually mute all call members and then allow individuals to talk at different stages.

Speculation on SM the run on toilet paper was people eating their own cooking for the first time...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

In keeping with the virus free theme of the thread.
    Six years ago a hospital in Chile installed copper equipment in the hospital to stop bacteria and viruses spreading.

https://youtu.be/yQSIF8xk5w8

Six years ago.

I wonder did any other hospitals follow suit?

Edit: And this really is ancient technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Six years ago a hospital in Chile installed copper equipment in the hospital to stop bacteria and viruses spreading.

Six years ago.

Plastic and surprisingly stainless steel are the 2 substances that bacteria can live longer on.

Thus the concern with supermarkets.

Six years ago.

Exporting 29% of the worlds copper I'm sure they got a good deal!

http://www.worldstopexports.com/copper-ore-exports-by-country/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Exporting 29% of the worlds copper I'm sure they got a good deal!

http://www.worldstopexports.com/copper-ore-exports-by-country/

Doesn't take away from the effectiveness of it though.

Copper has been used down the centuries for a wide range of things from copper bellies on war ships in the British empire to make them go faster to Egyptians using vessels to sterilize wounds and drinking water.

• Advertisement

A local man is running an ultra marathon in his back garden today to raise funds for frontline workers. He started at 8am and I think its 550 laps of his garden he has to do to make the 63km. He is aiming for five thousand euro and has over 4k at present.

Doesn't take away from the effectiveness of it though.

Copper has been used down the centuries for a wide range of things from copper bellies on war ships in the British empire to make them go faster to Egyptians using vessels to sterilize wounds and drinking water.

I wasn't disagreeing, just pointing out they can likely get copper for their own use like the Saudis get petrol.

Interesting that I heard in the last two days about "copper bottomed" ships, reducing the drag from barnacles.

Anyone who puts iodine in cattle water drinkers.
    How much iodine do you put in & how often?

Anyone who puts iodine in cattle water drinkers.
    How much iodine do you put in & how often?

1ml per cow per day of lugols iodine

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Six years ago.

There is water disinfectant used more in Europe, which is a combination of Hydrogen Peroxide and Silver. Can be used in drinking water treatment in place of chlorine. The peroxide is the immediate kill whilst the silver gives the longer term protection. I would much prefer if it was used, but it's dearer and possibly seen by engineers as a bit alternative.
    Brand name would be Sanosil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Another odd colour cow calved there and another red bull calf- 5from5.

My small lad is 2 today. Had a great day with him. Bought a 20D rolly wheel tractor. He is delighted with it.

Another odd colour cow calved there and another red bull calf- 5from5.

My small lad is 2 today. Had a great day with him. Bought a 20D rolly wheel tractor. He is delighted with it.
    You’ll do well in the autumn sales this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Violet anne Wynne... Some woman. People of clare had their heads well screwed on when they voted for her. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157039610497791&id=76448532790

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Violet anne Wynne... Some woman. People of clare had their heads well screwed on when they voted for her. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157039610497791&id=76448532790

Couldn't get a seat in the local council election and now a TD. Did she pay her rent arrears yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Happy Easter everyone.

This time next year hopefully Coronavirus is a distant memory that huge positives came from,like Govt Depts and likes of HSE realising decisive decisions and action can be taken without sitting on ‘reports’ for years.
    That red tape is reduced in all areas of life as we as a Society realise paperwork for paperwork’s sake is a waste of time and precious resources.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement