Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Violet anne Wynne... Some woman. People of clare had their heads well screwed on when they voted for her. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157039610497791&id=76448532790

She must have had something onboard when she started that rant. Mary Lou has some job on her hands.

She is definitely not a great representation of our county.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

She must have had something onboard when she started that rant. Mary Lou has some job on her hands.

She is definitely not a great representation of our county.

These are the people calling for a government of unity to get through the crisis. Can you imagine the mess it would be to be letting all these idiots have their say and argue their case. Nothing would happen and thousands of people would die as they all have their moment in the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

_Brian wrote: »
    These are the people calling for a government of unity to get through the crisis. Can you imagine the mess it would be to be letting all these idiots have their say and argue their case. Nothing would happen and thousands of people would die as they all have their moment in the spotlight.

I remember a teacher saying upon her arrival into a noisy classroom "Empty vessels make the most sound"

I remember a teacher saying upon her arrival into a noisy classroom "Empty vessels make the most sound"

That was a favourite in our school too 🙄

That and the meter stick on the back of your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

raypallas wrote: »
    Person in charge can usually mute all call members and then allow individuals to talk at different stages.

I've had to finish my theological course via email and Zoom conference calls.
    We would hold our hand up, like used to do in school, and the leader would give the go-ahead to talk. It gets mad if everyone starts to talk at the same time. Takes a bit of practice, especially if the discussion gets heated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The video below is part 2 of a couple of webinars going on atm on GHG production in Agriculture. About an hour long and there's an earlier one I haven't found yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Sir Stirling Moss has passed away. What a great life he must have had. His feat in the Mille Miglia in 1955 for example, what an experience. 1000 miles through Italy in a little over 10 hours. I recently watched this with Clive James. Moss was the coolest man, funny and charming. Sadly James died recently too. Few had a better way with words, so witty and cleaver. Nice watch if you never seen it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2qmskArmWg

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

orm0nd wrote: »
    Couldn't get a seat in the local council election and now a TD. Did she pay her rent arrears yet?

Read some article a few weeks back that said the organisation she owed the rent to no longer exists/ operates :rolleyes: apparently she's going donating whatever she owes in arrears to a charity for the homeless or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

no

its a disgrace that people voted her in i hope that a new election will be apon us soon to rid us of such muppets, btw she still has her medical card and her social house (hap)paid for by the state
    ruth coppinger also has a social house (hap)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was thinking earlier wouldn't it be awful to lose someone close to you during the pandemic. You wouldn't be able to grieve properly not having a normal wake/ funeral/ burial. God love anyone going through it at the moment.

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was thinking earlier wouldn't it be awful to lose someone close to you during the pandemic. You wouldn't be able to grieve properly not having a normal wake/ funeral/ burial. God love anyone going through it at the moment.

Saw a tweet earlier from a guy on the U.K. his wife was in a nursing home convalescing as she has a medical condition in late 50’s.

She has contracted Covid19, he can’t visit and they said they would ring when she dies.

A friend’s mother has passed away of non Covid19 illness in hospital so at least they were with her. No funeral though. Straight from funeral home to burial with no more than ten people. It’s so tough.

KatyMac wrote: »
    I've had to finish my theological course via email and Zoom conference calls.
    We would hold our hand up, like used to do in school, and the leader would give the go-ahead to talk. It gets mad if everyone starts to talk at the same time. Takes a bit of practice, especially if the discussion gets heated.

I'm part of an online course, about half way through it at the moment. We've used two different pieces of meeting software due to some teething problems. As you say there's a raised hand button which alerts the meeting administrator that someone has a question. This medium of communication wouldn't work otherwise, without this feature it'd resemble the tonight show on virgin media.

Saw a tweet earlier from a guy on the U.K. his wife was in a nursing home convalescing as she has a medical condition in late 50’s.

She has contracted Covid19, he can’t visit and they said they would ring when she dies.

A friend’s mother has passed away of non Covid19 illness in hospital so at least they were with her. No funeral though. Straight from funeral home to burial with no more than ten people. It’s so tough.

A recently retired work colleague of my partner died during the week. They can't do anything, outside the 2km, no wake, no visiting, no mass, no funeral. It's another type of emptiness on top of grief.

Had a look on haystack.ie there.

Hardly a price on anything.

What the hell is wrong with lads, just put a bloody price on your stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

I can nearly understand why lads don't bother. Have an item on dd at the moment reasonably enough priced and I'm plagued with pricks all day offering me feck all for it. Fair annoying.

I can nearly understand why lads don't bother. Have an item on dd at the moment reasonably enough priced and I'm plagued with pricks all day offering me feck all for it. Fair annoying.

Still
    When a genuine buyer sees it they know. The “x for cash today” idiots can be dispatched quickly. Funniest I had was a guy ring up and offer a quarter of the asking price for cash “if your stuck”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Still
    When a genuine buyer sees it they know. The “x for cash today” idiots can be dispatched quickly. Funniest I had was a guy ring up and offer a quarter of the asking price for cash “if your stuck”

It's probably better not to respond but...

The more time goes on the more I realise we’re an odd crew here.

Last Easter egg from last year was eaten only about a month ago.

Not an egg opened today, girls never even mentioned eating one.

We had a lash of fresh cake made here by the eldest for an online competition, which she won.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Used some easter egg hunt chocolate to make this . We decided no eggs between families this year and gave a donation to the samaritans. They were very good to my sister last year. Daughter and youngest lad made this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

For my brothers little boys cremation, there was him, his wife and their 3yo, they just sat a while to say goodbye.None of us allowed. Although we called to the house and all stood in the garden and released a dove as they left for the crematorium. Our priest is cocooning due to age and blessed the coffin in his driveway.

• Advertisement

Used some easter egg hunt chocolate to make this . We decided no eggs between families this year and gave a donation to the samaritans. They were very good to my sister last year. Daughter and youngest lad made this

Looks nice.
    Hope your sister is continuing to do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Donedeal's as bad with cattle prices. New thing is a price given as €12345. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

The video below is part 2 of a couple of webinars going on atm on GHG production in Agriculture. About an hour long and there's an earlier one I haven't found yet.
    ]

That link above wouldn't work for me on the phone nor the tablet.

I found the first one though. Just searched teagasc and GHG on YouTube.

Interesting alright. It should be all incentivised for the common good to really make progress.
    Or at least some other formula that ticks all boxes .ie. maintain production, improve soil health, drawdown more carbon, improve water and air emissions, bring in more money.

Gillespy wrote: »
    Donedeal's as bad with cattle prices. New thing is a price given as €12345. Very annoying.

Yea it’s bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Governor Ohio, Mike DeWine - imposing Easter lockdown.

20200412_123125.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Murang

Gillespy wrote: »

Any one who won’t put up a price or even puts up the 13445 for a price I won’t even be bothered to contact them and I know plenty more like me

Murang wrote: »
    Any one who won’t put up a price or even puts up the 13445 for a price I won’t even be bothered to contact them and I know plenty more like me

Same
    It’s like a red flag “I’m really just looking for people to ring for a chat”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

I’ve a pbr bull on Dd, price and all...not cheap not dear....I would move on the price. Anyway not as much as a call...... anyone else with bulls for sale in a similar situation?

Btw, I know the lockdown isn’t helping and cash is scarce and the country is full of bulls😗:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

This "not going out" is taking its toll.
    Have been devising a system of coded messages to keep the young lassie entertained...

ztdAS9p.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

They didnt learn from top links failure. When it launched it was only poa ads from dealers too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement