Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    I’ve a pbr bull on Dd, price and all...not cheap not dear....I would move on the price. Anyway not as much as a call...... anyone else with bulls for sale in a similar situation?

Btw, I know the lockdown isn’t helping and cash is scarce and the country is full of bulls😗:D

We have sold the few we had and plenty of calls looking for some. No more ready for a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    I’ve a pbr bull on Dd, price and all...not cheap not dear....I would move on the price. Anyway not as much as a call...... anyone else with bulls for sale in a similar situation?

Btw, I know the lockdown isn’t helping and cash is scarce and the country is full of bulls😗:D
    Same as
    Few call’s, some afraid to visit with lock down
    Others saying price is too high or I’m too far away

Miss the sales

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Tileman

ganmo wrote: »
    They didnt learn from top links failure. When it launched it was only poa ads from dealers too.

Is that website still running?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

One for accountants here :)

Is fencing posts, wire and labour involved in erecting fencing (if using a contractor) deemed a a capital expenditure or allowable expense ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Cuckoo in Leitrim today :D
    All in the shed now (bar Ropeburn cow, the bitch!) are overdue or time up in the next week so we're ahead of normal schedule for once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

( Ropeburn cow, the bitch!)

What's the story here then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Tileman wrote: »
    Is that website still running?

Just checked and it is.
    If ya remove the sterling and the poa ads on the front page theres 2. One has a price of €1 and the other is for goats

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I thought there was a cuckoo in Leitrim, all the year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

What's the story here then? :D

She got stuck in a creep gate which as made smaller with rope. Gave herself ropeburn across her back/pelvic bones & scar is still there. She had no other name at the time and it's a handy way to ID her to Dad:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

josephsoap wrote: »
    One for accountants here :)

Is fencing posts, wire and labour involved in erecting fencing (if using a contractor) deemed a a capital expenditure or allowable expense ?

All expenses including wire, insulators, staples, stakes and the contractor is allowable for capital expenditure. All repairs can be claimed for is current expenditure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Took a look a flightradar24 earlier to see how busy the air was noticed a plane doing this over south Donegal and atm there is another returning to shannon after doing the same. What would they be up to??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

MeTheMan wrote: »
    Took a look a flightradar24 earlier to see how busy the air was noticed a plane doing this over south Donegal and atm there is another returning to shannon after doing the same. What would they be up to??

Some sort of survey I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Geological survey most likely. Had a plane doing that crack around here flying 2-300 ft over ground for a few days last yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

MeTheMan wrote: »
    Spreading fertilizer.

Nearly wouldn't mind having to look for a missing shin guard, gum shield or sock. Normally told about 5 minutes before we leave something is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Spreading fertilizer.

Making chemtrails to make up for the lack of air traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

ganmo wrote: »
    Making chemtrails to make up for the lack of air traffic?

Before anyone gets the wrong end of the stick. Because you never can tell..

That/those plane/s are/was/were doing surveys. Probably the (aptly named) Tellus aircraft scanning bedrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

whelan2 wrote: »
    Nearly wouldn't mind having to look for a missing shin guard, gum shield or sock. Normally told about 5 minutes before we leave something is missing.

Was saying that other day, there is no running about the place taking the kids to this and that...
    It’s both good and bad...
    Makes you wonder if you’re doing the right thing taking them to so much...

But then, am sure when we get back to normal life, we’ll fall back into the routine of taking them all over the place again 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Spent the day repairing fences and the head is nearly cut off me with the N/E wind. Got back into the house around 7ish and noticed how grubby it's getting in the absence of our cleaning lady. I really miss our cleaning lady. I suppose I'll have to tackle a bit of house work tomorrow or I could go out and do something, anything on the farm :D
    There are weeds that need spraying around the yards ;)

Base price wrote: »
    Spent the day repairing fences and the head is nearly cut off me with the N/E wind. Got back into the house around 7ish and noticed how grubby it's getting in the absence of our cleaning lady. I really miss our cleaning lady. I suppose I'll have to tackle a bit of house work tomorrow or I could go out and do something, anything on the farm :D

Really miss my cleaner too. She's 73 survived cancer and smokes 40 cigarettes a day but she's great. Cant wait until she comes back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Geological survey most likely. Had a plane doing that crack around here flying 2-300 ft over ground for a few days last yr.
    Before anyone gets the wrong end of the stick. Because you never can tell..

That/those plane/s are/was/were doing surveys. Probably the (aptly named) Tellus aircraft scanning bedrock.

Looks like a survey, oscar bravo might be a good one to ask, he knew about it before it started

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113146528

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

I hope Mike calls....Really love donedeal, brings out the best in people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

The streak is broken, had a red/speckled park coloured limo heifer last night.

Funny thing about the cow- she was born in 2013 the day of a cattle test and she has calved 3out of 5 calved, the night before the test including last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

My daughter has more than two years full stamps from work but is two months shy of 18 so can’t claim it, her peers at work are all receiving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Base price wrote: »

I watched calamity Jane yesterday.
    Your story reminded me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Was talking to a Neighbour this morning that works in the airport.
    He said a 747 came in the other night with 8000 pigs from the US.

Wouldn’t like having to clean that out afterwards.

Interestingly he said it’ll probably be one of the last jumbos to come into Dublin because they’re getting too expensive to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Interestingly he said it’ll probably be one of the last jumbos to come into Dublin because they’re getting too expensive to run.

Pigs can fly. Humans not at the moment.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/ZskHzypNbR9LUtDi9

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

What are we doing importing 8000 pigs.
    Are we not continually risking our herds by importing more and more live animals. Surely we have enough breeding stock here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

_Brian wrote: »
    What are we doing importing 8000 pigs.
    Are we not continually risking our herds by importing more and more live animals. Surely we have enough breeding stock here.

How else can he factories keep the prices down...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement