Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Where is the protest thread?

Closed for moderation atm. We'll have it back again soon hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭orm0nd

no rush, anytime after Christmas will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

orm0nd wrote: »

Did it go sideways?

Tbh, whether it goes ahead again or not is the first part of the discussion.

It will be morning I'd say at the earliest after looking at it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Ye need to set up a thread called the weanling shed, let any amount of **** fly about in it, moderators muck it out once a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Aye, good game starting soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

If the Gestapo take over, I'm outta here.:mad:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

I hadn't a clue what it was! Thought a hairy horse at first but then as i got closer I seen no hairs. Spent half an hour watching it, no idea what it was but thank feck for Google.

i assume what you call a hairy horse is what we call a hairy molly? Black thing with hairs in it? Haven’t seen one in years now that I think of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

If the Gestapo take over, I'm outta here.:mad:

For you Englander, de war iss ovar!

:)

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Where is the protest thread?

Got served an injunction. There will round table talks, in (maybe) three days, with all sides involved. We've called in Minister Creed to arbitrate.......

... it's not like he's doing anything else. :)

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,866 ✭✭✭mf240

greysides wrote: »
    Got served an injunction. There will round table talks, in (maybe) three days, with all sides involved. We've called in Minister Creed to arbitrate.......

... it's not like he's doing anything else. :)

Be sure to get it open before everyone gets home from the pub. Can't see any logic until waiting till Sunday morning. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

I was going to post something in the beef protest thread but I was always about 10 pages behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

++++1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Tileman

Ah feck it. Was looking forward to catching up on developments after being at work all day.

Tileman wrote: »
    Ah feck it. Was looking forward to catching up on developments after being at work all day.

There were 'developments', that's why it's closed. :(

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TL17

Thread was compulsive reading. Hope it comes back soon. Got yellow card for thinking some posts were the work of trolls. That prob fair enough but the posts were so annoying. Cant stand provocative posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

greysides wrote: »
    There were 'developments', that's why it's closed. :(

Legal developments or did someone throw the rattle out of the pram?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

grassroot1 wrote: »

Legal developments or did someone throw the rattle out of the pram?

Ah it doesn't take much to close a thread these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ah it doesn't take much to close a thread these days

If that is the case, what happened to free speech!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

kk.man wrote: »
    Good question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Injunction ?

kk.man wrote: »

We all agreed to follow the rules of the site when we joined up. The generalised rule is attack the post, not the poster. It really is that simple.

We're getting through the last few pages of the thread and it will be opened again in the morning when, hopefully, tempers will have cooled somewhat before posting behind again.

Injunction ?

No injunction, we all have other things going on this evening so we'll get it sorted by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

No injunction, we all have other things going on this evening so we'll get it sorted by morning.

It's morning now .....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

whelan2 wrote: »

It's morning now .....
    Do them mods get up at all in the mornings ? If I was a mod I wouldn't have slept last nigh until that thread was righted ....... or permanently closed haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭148multi

It's morning now .....

Its probably mid morning for you 😰

Bullocks wrote: »
    Do them mods get up at all in the mornings ? If I was a mod I wouldn't have slept last nigh until that thread was righted ....... or permanently closed haha

Leave it where it is,

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

It's morning now .....

Don't think them Mods are farmers at all. Skinny latte crew with spray-on muck for their SUV's type jobbies. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

wrangler wrote: »
    Leave it where it is,

Says Wrangler, sitting at home eagerly ready to go at it again. :D

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

Says Wrangler, sitting at home eagerly ready to go at it again. :D

I like your motto on your post, :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement