Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

kk.man wrote: »
    Stick something on the handle....

Bought the buckets last week in lidl and theyve the litres marked internally with grooving the same colour as the bucket and i find it hard to read even with the specs on was hoping to mark them up for measuring water for milk replacer.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Bought the buckets last week in lidl and theyve the litres marked internally with grooving the same colour as the bucket and i find it hard to read even with the specs on was hoping to mark them up for measuring water for milk replacer.
    I use pink/red nail varnish but make sure the buckets are dry and allow the nail varnish to dry for a few hours.
    I've visions of you heading into the local pharmacy choosing which colour would suit you best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Just had the vet deliver this bad boy. I wasn't confident enough in the Jack (&myself) to go past the shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Is boards running very slow for anyone else?
    No issue until yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

No issue until yesterday

Yes. It's really slow. Lady haywire photo in the post above yours wont load. All other sites are fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

No issue until yesterday

Boards is slow and broadband is gone really sluggish.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Broadband is fine but can't open boards attachments since yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Broadband is fine but can't open boards attachments since yesterday afternoon.

That should give you an idea of just how big LadyHawires calf is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Base price wrote: »
    I use pink/red nail varnish but make sure the buckets are dry and allow the nail varnish to dry for a few hours.
    I've visions of you heading into the local pharmacy choosing which colour would suit you best :D

Give the locals something to talk about, ill wear the flip flops and shorts in as well really send them into overdrive.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I took a chance and bought a BA heifer calf off a local dairy man to foster to the heifer. She is letting her suck in the gate with little effort. No pucking. So fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Just had the vet deliver this bad boy. I wasn't confident enough in the Jack (&myself) to go past the shoulder.

Did the vet try pulling him before doing the section? Noticed here over the years that vets are slow to make the call themselves. They don't want to chance pulling in case they get caught at the hips.
    It's like they want you to make the call.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

1st of May, does anyone do a May Bush anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

whelan2 wrote: »

You will need to explain that one Whelan

• Registered Users Posts: 21,416 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The slow Boards is a cunning plan to reduce peoples anxiety levels, now breathe slowly and deeply while you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

jimmy G M wrote: »
    You will need to explain that one Whelan

It's an old irish tradition of celebrating the coming of summer. We do it here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Reggie. wrote: »
    It's an old irish tradition of celebrating the coming of summer. We do it here

Ok, I thought that alright, but what do you actually do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Ok, I thought that alright, but what do you actually do?

Bit about the background to it below.
    http://irisharchaeology.ie/2011/05/mayday-and-bealtaine/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,416 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I'd say much of the Dark Side around May Day disappeared in the 1950s. Before that their was a real fear of certain phiseogs. Stealing the cream of the milk or preventing the cream from churning to butter, would be the lesser ones. Some real evil stuff, putting bad luck on families etc.
    I wonder did the RC church instigate the dedication of the Month of May to the Virgin Mary to counteract the pagan customs, esp around fertility, as in the Buford link.
    I never heard of the May bush in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Did the vet try pulling him before doing the section? Noticed here over the years that vets are slow to make the call themselves. They don't want to chance pulling in case they get caught at the hips.

Dont think it was a section? Well the buck stops with you, its your cow, vet can only advise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

orm0nd wrote: »
    Boards is slow and broadband is gone really sluggish.

No Ormond....nothing wrong with Boards or the broadband.its the 5G turning our brains into mush. ; )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭einn32

I remember a vet asking if my father was happy if he(the vet) did the section on a cow. Father turns around and says "well I'm hardly going to do it"!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

That's Taghmon for ya!:)

I'm not from taghmon but I am from the county. The granny here 30 years ago used to decorate a sceach branch or any real good branch with painted egg shells and coloured sweet wrapper paper and flowers. She'd have it decorated the evening before and leave it out first thing in the morning on an open bit of ground by the road for everyone to see.

It's basically a May Christmas tree.

I see some tourist today driving on the road with a self propelled sprayer with a yellow reg.

How in the name of Jehovah are the authorities letting these yokes off the boat into the country?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

I see some tourist today driving on the road with a self propelled sprayer with a yellow reg.

How in the name of Jehovah are the authorities letting these yokes off the boat into the country?:confused:

Its required for food production. He may have sold his old setup at the end of last year, or its not viable to repair. Machinery is still needed. Now if it was a camper van or vintage tractor brought on the boat, then that would be a different story.

Odelay wrote: »
    Its required for food production. He may have sold his old setup at the end of last year, or its not viable to repair. Machinery is still needed. Now if it was a camper van or vintage tractor brought on the boat, then that would be a different story.

He had sunnies on and was wearing shorts.

Definitely a tourist.

Samsung slow to load boards if not impossible.
    Huawei no problem.

Hello to our new Chinese overlords. Those Koreans were too uppity anyway. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

He had sunnies on and was wearing shorts.

Definitely a tourist.

Probably took a wrong turn coming out of Sydney:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭visatorro

whelan2 wrote:

Chief went out with the kids picking flowers and left them at the front door.

Coronation street was tough viewing tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

whelan2 wrote: »
    Coronation street was tough viewing tonight

It's fairly difficult viewing any night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement