Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

whelan2 wrote: »
    One thing that annoyed me about the safety inspection was he came in February, I put him off. I had enough going on surely February and March should be months when they don't inspect.

Farms should still be safe places when they're busy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Jb1989

One thing that annoyed me about the safety inspection was he came in February, I put him off. I had enough going on surely February and March should be months when they don't inspect.

Should always have time for safety whelan....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

ganmo wrote: »

Yes I agree but arriving unnanounced when you're calving a cow doesn't really go down well.

ganmo wrote: »

Completely agreed, I'd rather they landed while I calved a cow, might see something amiss in the heat of the moment, that could be helpful to the future.

The best thing about covid is no callers to the yard that you dont know are coming. I learnt alot from my inspection when I had the time to go around with the inspector at an agreed time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Hasn’t Simon Coveney gone very quiet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭kk.man

Jjameson wrote: »

I agree.. Health after taking over completely. Harris will get the coodos out it. In fairness they are doing OK as can be with regard to the virus.

The tánaiste job could be taken from him by Leo in next government too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

He's too busy eating strawberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Himself and his department did a !ot of work getting people home.

He is very involved in that other small matter that is distracting politicians, the formation of a government.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/simon-coveney-farming-cant-be-decimated-for-greens-7-emissions-demand-997140.html

Farming related.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Did the vet try pulling him before doing the section? Noticed here over the years that vets are slow to make the call themselves. They don't want to chance pulling in case they get caught at the hips.
    It's like they want you to make the call.

No, not a section. Vet asked me if he'd go for it when he was just about to bring the shoulders (obv can't put him back in after they come out)
    I said go for it, SOY shouldn't bring a big arse off a CH cow. Thankfully I was actually correct, popped out after the shoulders.
    Still not on the cow but motoring around the pen today with sore front legs but not much else wrong with him. Embedded images seem to be loading so here he is today.

XSGlv8uh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Watching the news and I see both showers with chips on their shoulders up north are now applauding the nhs.
    My mural is better than yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Is anyone else finding boards extremely slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Rushy Fields

Clearing out a shelving unit in shed on farm. Came accross this bottle of stuff (herbicide) unopened.
    What can i use it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Rushy Fields

Clearing out a shelving unit in shed on farm. Came accross this bottle of stuff (herbicide) unopened.
    What can i use it for?

Forgot to attach the image.....🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Got a takeaway for my parents from their favourite restaurant this evening. When I dropped it off they had dressed up to have it. God it's the little things like them being able to go out for their tea etc

That's actually a great idea, alot of the pub/restaurants around here are doing takeaway now and my parents used to love going out for dinner/lunch at the weekend, they're in their 70s so can't do it at the moment, going to organise this for them for next weekend, thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Farney Farmer

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding boards extremely slow?

Yea, very slow here too. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Yea, very slow here too. Very annoying.

Hamsters are under pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 5 huntinghill

Thinking of mixing white and black silage wrap to try deter crows. Has anyone any experience? Have heard stories that it might effect the quality but not sure. Or should I just paint them?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Thinking of mixing white and black silage wrap to try deter crows. Has anyone any experience? Have heard stories that it might effect the quality but not sure. Or should I just paint them?

Think lads call them bulleyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 huntinghill

Reggie. wrote: »
    Think lads call them bulleyes

Not a good idea then?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

This C19 cabin fever is getting to me. I can't imagine what it must be like to live in a small apartment with 3 kids and 2 adults holed up for 6 weeks.

Mrs. blue is sorting through boxes of (her word) sh1te in the kitchen/on the patio/the landing/the office/the spare bedroom. I'm a bit of a hoarder so the whole thing is a bit stressful:o. Anyway we found a diesel delivery docket from only 20 years ago, 18p a litre INCL VAT.

Rant over, I'm off to continue a bit of ploughing and check if the cows broke out of the bird cover yet. Before the paint colour cards get pulled out. Thank God she's back to work tomorrow.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

I've managed to lock myself out of the Agfood account. Will it reset itself or do I need to do anything? Was just going to have a wee look to see if there was any few bob coming my way yet!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

KatyMac wrote: »
    I've managed to lock myself out of the Agfood account. Will it reset itself or do I need to do anything? Was just going to have a wee look to see if there was any few bob coming my way yet!!!!
    I don't know if anyone will be working today but there's phone number to ring the dept if you're locked out. The number is on the site.

They'll give you a temporary password to get back going again and then you pick a different password than the original one.

I don't know if anyone will be working today but there's phone number to ring the dept if you're locked out. The number is on the site.

They'll give you a temporary password to get back going again and then you pick a different password than the original one.

I rang few weeks ago, she just unlocked it there and then. No passwords changed.

You can email them either and ask them to reset it. Just give them all your details. If it's a thing you've forgotten the pac or whatever they will tell you it. I have it written in the front if my diary as I was getting confused between my one and my dads one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

KatyMac wrote: »

When I get locked out, which is very regularly as it seems to "forget" my password every few days, I click on the "Forgot Password" link. It asks for my username, PPSN and DOB, and if these are inputted correctly, it texts me a 6 digit number that I can then use to access the password change page.

Maybe not ideal if you're anxious to hold on to your current password but always gets me in. I just keep a note of the new password.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭148multi

Forgot to attach the image.....🙄

Check out 2-4 D weedkiller

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Second section on the speckle parks. Reckon the jersey breeding is too strong on them- bearings too narrow. Bull calf. All ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Have had two calves with pneumonia over the weekend. Vet reckons it’s the weather. Very warm days and chilly nights. Both seem to be responding to whatever the vet gave them so fingers crossed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement