Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

So €5 a bale is very cheap if he gets 60 bale off it? €300 + 150 for fert

€10/BALE is what i charge, definitely you shouldn't take much less, Selling silage depletes the fertility of land massively, I'd be selling silage off paddocks that get ahead of the stock, maybe get 6 -8 bales/acre and I'd spend the most of the €60 - €80/acre got on 0 10 20 to replace the NPK Used

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Thanks for the advice lads. I'm in the same situation with a good neighbour as well. Want to be as fair as possible to him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

the silage off a 6 acre field
    Water John wrote: »
    €100 + the fertiliser standing/acre?
    So €5 a bale is very cheap if he gets 60 bale off it? €300 + 150 for fert

If it's a 6 acre field, at 100 per acre, would that not be 600 + the fert?

Or do I need more coffee :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

If it's a 6 acre field, at 100 per acre, would that not be 600 + the fert?

Or do I need more coffee :pac:

Nah your right....for once

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The Rabbi

Reggie. wrote: »
    Nah your right....for once

Yeah,tis quare times we're livin in.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

The Rabbi wrote: »
    Yeah,tis quare times we're livin in.;)

Tis.

But you'd always spot the yellabelly a mile off.
    Quare times or no. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,518 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Young lads confirmation day today. They have a zoom liturgy thing tonight to celebrate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The Rabbi

Tis.

But you'd always spot the yellabelly a mile off.
    Quare times or no. :p

True,we're seeing a lot more of them over here since the bridge to the promised land opened.:D

The Rabbi wrote: »
    True,we're seeing a lot more of them over here since the bridge to the promised land opened.:D

Good Lord.
    There's a cat on the loose. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

https://youtu.be/_K1-vn20AfU

Hope this link works....

A long video there but does anyone else think it’s a disgrace the way the guards are treated in this video.....

Could you imagine giving such guff to police officer in China or the USA- they would probably just open fire on you there and then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

josephsoap wrote: »

Hope this link works....

A long video there but does anyone else think it’s a disgrace the way the guards are treated in this video.....

Could you imagine giving such guff to police officer in China or the USA- they would probably just open fire on you there and then :D

What a flute. Imagine getting that angry and wasting that much of your life over nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Hope this link works....

My brother lives in the states. He says over there, they ask you once, tell you twice ........ they don't ask you a third time.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Odelay wrote: »
    What a flute. Imagine getting that angry and wasting that much of your life over nothing.

The guard missed a trick there in not asking him "Do you surrender?"

Odelay wrote: »

Well it's not surprising though really is it?

https://youtu.be/qEsFtiruIok

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Hope this link works....

Hes an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Work with a view, going pouring a 20x17x9ft water tank here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Work with a view, going pouring a 20x17x9ft water tank here.

Pic513547.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

My brother lives in the states. He says over there, they ask you once, tell you twice ........ they don't ask you a third time.

Asking you kindly, like that applies only if you're white.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Have my first interview today thats completely unrelated to farming/agriculture, any tips/pointers from anyone here working outside farming?

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Have my first interview today thats completely unrelated to farming/agriculture, any tips/pointers from anyone here working outside farming?

First re-read your CV and its contents. Research the company, be aware of their operations and locations. Be just as conversant about your former employment record and geography, you will be asked. I remember a person employed by a Libyan company, but they didn’t know where Libya was when asked by the interviewer. Best of luck.

Don't be negative about anything, be it your past employers or anyone you worked with.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,518 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Think of challenges you've tackled before and how you overcame them.

Fully research the job aswell. One question could be what do you know about ......... or do you know what such a job entails.

Also if its a big company do your research on the company itself. What it makes, where the main offices are or factories are, how many employees work in it. Stuff like that.

The more info you have the more you can steer the interview in the direction you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Don't cough or sneeze....

but seriously be positive, have examples of problems solved where you showed ability to work as a team etc,

Have carried out a good few interviews and the amount of people with limited social skills is crazy so be interactive and most importantly be confident not cocky
    accept you don't have all the skills but be open to and positive to training etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

People raised on a farm are rated highly as workers by those outside the industry. Be proud of it and your accomplishments at it. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Got it anyway, not much questions about CVs or previous experience just judged me on what way i was today.

Better living everyone

Got it anyway, not much questions about CVs or previous experience just judged me on what way i was today.

Good stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Ah that's great

Young lad just got a phone call offering him a job. It wasn't advertised just a business that supports the GAA club and reckons he is suited to it. Thay had to contact the team manager to get his number

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement