Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

wrangler wrote: »
    Looks like Heather Humphry for Agriculture, she won't tolerate fools
    Be a bit of a cop out from ff if they give the poisoned chalice to fg again.. she’s had a lot of roles down the years I see on her wiki. She could be good I don’t know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

wrangler wrote: »
    Looks like Heather Humphry for Agriculture, she won't tolerate fools

Best person for it, big improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Best person for it, big improvement

I can't see the Civil Service telling her what to do or say, she won't be as passive as Creed.
    Be interesting to see what she does when the boys block up Stephens green again

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

As a Corkman, would be delighted if Heather gets the job. She'd have open ongoing communication and honesty, so their mightn't be any protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

While it’s good to have a government I can’t see this lasting.

It’s crunch time for the greens, they need to deliver enough to satisfy their members yet not go so far as to be seen as a party of charges and taxes, because that will kill their vote.

Giving Eamon transport and climate puts him in a position we’re implementing taxes and charges will be impossible to avoid so he’s being sent up the river.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Woke up a few minutes ago to hear a light airplane circling somewhere.

As 99% of them can only fly in daylight, I thought "that guys in a heap of trouble".
    Went to the window and stuck my head out to see if I could spot him.

Fecking washing machine on the spin cycle.....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Woke up a few minutes ago to hear a light airplane circling somewhere.

As 99% of them can only fly in daylight, I thought "that guys in a heap of trouble".
    Went to the window and stuck my head out to see if I could spot him.

Fecking washing machine on the spin cycle.....

Yep. Military aircraft only at night other than airlines

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Reggie. wrote: »

Is it military only, or simply because virtually everything else is on VFR?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Reggie. wrote: »

Last year a light aircraft flew over around 10 pm in the dark of winter. It was a wet foggy night.
    I knew it was very unusual.

I followed it on flightradar. It came from Waterford airport and 'disappeared' over enniscorthy. I was very nearly calling the emergency services..

They can turn off and on their link to flightradar.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Flight training school at Cork airport,trains Ryanair pilots and others. Night flights quite common up to eleven oclock. Especially when they hire in a twin engine plane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Looks like we have a government, GP votes 76% in favour of programme for government.

I'm not surprised - many of these same people elected Eamon Ryan as their leader straight after the shambles that was their performance in the "Bailout" government:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

My best childhood friend rang me out of the blue tonight in fierce bother that he'd come down home from Dublin and the parents oil tank burst. He'd only landed down to tell them he'd got engaged today and straight after he told them they discovered the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Anyone (bar Green) would be an improvement in Agriculture. Thought Creed was like the Invisible Man

Mossie1975 wrote: »
    Anyone (bar Green) would be an improvement in Agriculture. Thought Creed was like the Invisible Man

Not much time for Humphries to be honest.

But I’d say she would be less beholden to big business. The question is how much of a puppet for overall FG party she will become.

I’d love the Green Party to be good for ireland and agriculture but problem I see is they are too city centric for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mossie1975 wrote: »

Who was minister for agriculture before Creed?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Eamon Ryan was like a cat that got the cream on the news last night

whelan2 wrote: »
    Eamon Ryan was like a cat that got the cream on the news last night

I’d say like Martain there’s a bit of personal achievement to be a leader in government.

The greens needed to do this, wit good is a political party that avoids government when they have a chance to be in it. That’s literally a wasted vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

whelan2 wrote: »
    Who was minister for agriculture before Creed?
    Simon Covney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    My best childhood friend rang me out of the blue tonight in fierce bother that he'd come down home from Dublin and the parents oil tank burst. He'd only landed down to tell them he'd got engaged today and straight after he told them they discovered the tank.

A friend of ours here had a leak in the inlet pipe into their house earlier this year. They're in a council house so they notified the council to fix it.

To cut a long story short, they're moved to a different house for the next few months while the council decontaminate the subsoil around their house and the house next door.

They would want to proceed carefully and get good advice before doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

A friend of ours here had a leak in the inlet pipe into their house earlier this year. They're in a council house so they notified the council to fix it.

To cut a long story short, they're moved to a different house for the next few months while the council decontaminate the subsoil around their house and the house next door.

They would want to proceed carefully and get good advice before doing anything.

Same happened to my brother, his household insurance covered it, but that was some years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Flight training school at Cork airport,trains Ryanair pilots and others. Night flights quite common up to eleven oclock. Especially when they hire in a twin engine plane

Are there any civilian night time flights on helicopters, ya regularly see the garda helicopter hovering over tallaght at night :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

ganmo wrote: »
    Are there any civilian night time flights on helicopters, ya regularly see the garda helicopter hovering over tallaght at night :p

No not in ROI, you can in NI

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I suppose we all should have, bunded tanks. Once a plastic tank starts to discolour, you should change it, as the plastic is being degraded by the sun's UV.

Fine Gael seem to have been given the Ag ministry?
    https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1276823117319606272?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Water John wrote: »
    I suppose we all should have, bunded tanks. Once a plastic tank starts to discolour, you should change it, as the plastic is being degraded by the sun's UV.

I've replaced a good few tanks in the last few months . I'd say alot of them were old and between the great hot weather and lads filling them to the neck with cheap oil they couldn't take the pressure anymore .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

"They will be joined at Cabinet by Stephen Donnelly, who will be named as the new Minister for Health, along with Darragh O'Brien, who will be Minister for Housing and Barry Cowen who will take on a combined Rural and Agricultural Affairs role.

The Green Party's Eamon Ryan will be Transport and Climate Minister, with his party colleagues Roderic O'Gorman and Catherine Martin set to join him in Equality and Communications respectively.

Simon Harris will move to Social Protection, with Tánaiste Leo Varadkar taking on the Jobs brief and Simon Coveney keeping Foreign Affairs. Paschal Donohoe will also stay put in Finance, but the Public Expenditure arm of his role will go to Fianna Fáil's Michael McGrath."
    Irish Examiner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

What's yer thoughts on Barry Cowen for ag?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

"They will be joined at Cabinet by Stephen Donnelly, who will be named as the new Minister for Health, along with Darragh O'Brien, who will be Minister for Housing and Barry Cowen who will take on a combined Rural and Agricultural Affairs role.

The Green Party's Eamon Ryan will be Transport and Climate Minister, with his party colleagues Roderic O'Gorman and Catherine Martin set to join him in Equality and Communications respectively.

Simon Harris will move to Social Protection, with Tánaiste Leo Varadkar taking on the Jobs brief and Simon Coveney keeping Foreign Affairs. Paschal Donohoe will also stay put in Finance, but the Public Expenditure arm of his role will go to Fianna Fáil's Michael McGrath."
    Irish Examiner
    Green party Senator Pippa Hackett is reckoned to get the super junior minister for Ag. I think she is also based in Offaly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Anybody remember the name of the form to change details on blue cards?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement