Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

whelan2 wrote: »
    It's the fact they get away with it that's so annoying.

Wait till you see the mess the teachers make of your lives in September, they won't take any risks yet expect food to be served to them in the pubs, hair to be cut etc. they have no skin in the game, they'll be paid, their pensions contributed too, doesn't matter to them if they never go back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Have opw here cleaning out our river. It's a great job they have

They cleaned the river here last winter.

I still have a few hundred meters of wire to pull out from under the spoil:mad:

They cleaned the river here last winter.

I still have a few hundred meters of wire to pull out from under the spoil:mad:

The second so called digger driver is supposed to look after that but he was probably either gone home or sitting in his van

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

wrangler wrote: »
    Wait till you see the mess the teachers make of your lives in September, they won't take any risks yet expect food to be served to them in the pubs, hair to be cut etc. they have no skin in the game, they'll be paid, their pensions contributed too, doesn't matter to them if they never go back

Lol. I'm not a teacher not related to any, this is some savage "poor aul me, the whole thing is very bad" posting.

I was topping an 8 acre field along the river the other day. It was an eye opener watching them . Digger ticking over all the while

Yea, it seems there's trackers on them linked back to head office, they know when the digger starts and stops

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Lol. I'm not a teacher not related to any, this is some savage "poor aul me, the whole thing is very bad" posting.

Yea, just after listening to the whinge from the teachers union on the radio, it really winds me up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

A chap who wouldn’t work to warm himself was giving a rant about being overworked, under appreciated, said, “who’ll do it when I’m gone”, got a quip from an old timer, “who does it when you’re here”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭straight

Not many foreign nationals working for opw or council either as far as I can see. It's who you know to get them jobs handed to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Yea, just after listening to the whinge from the teachers union on the radio, it really winds me up

And then we have to listen to you whinge, which winds us up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Got approved for planning today. Really happy because its not an easy area to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Teaching is like every profession, there are those who go above and beyond to do their very best and there are those who just about clock in the hours. The only losers here will be the kids. I dont think they are high on the unions minds at the minute. Eldest lad has been told that his ag science degree year 3 will be by remote learning . I dont know if there will be any practical. Which is the part of the course he most enjoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Got approved for planning today. Really happy because its not an easy area to get it.

Great, timing is everything too because planning will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Great, timing is everything too because planning will change.

Ya was just thinking with the green mindset and them getting a bit of power again it might not be as easy in 12 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Trying to ring a farmer the last few days to tell him i cant milk this weekend for him, more chance of finding hens teeth at this stage than getting him on the phone. Whats the usual notice any of ye would expect in regards cancelling a relief milking?

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,552 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Trying to ring a farmer the last few days to tell him i cant milk this weekend for him, more chance of finding hens teeth at this stage than getting him on the phone. Whats the usual notice any of ye would expect in regards cancelling a relief milking?

Have you send him a text

Slava Ukrainii

One of them lads that doesnt believe in texts. Got through anyway but still a pain in the hole giving three days ringing.

He must be a right pup
    If he doesn't have the manners to phone back his missed calls, especially from his relief milker, he doesn't deserve consideration

Have you send him a text

One of them lads that doesnt believe in texts. Got through anyway but still a pain in the hole giving three days ringing.

Better living everyone

He must be a right pup
    If he doesn't have the manners to phone back his missed calls, especially from his relief milker, he doesn't deserve consideration

Hes in a bad area for coverage to be fair but i was going to stand strong on this one even if it meant he didnt get back till dinner time saturday i was going to be preoccupied.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

He must be a right pup

Go easy will ya. he might not have great eyesight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Man city 3 goals up against the pool. maybe not a great team after all. 1st team selection too. Hard to see United under fergie days after winning the title (without kicking a ball too) going out and not intent on victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Spent day topping. Getting on great but when parking up for the night discovered one of the skids has parted company with the topper. It's raining now so guess what I will spend tomorrow doing?

ruwithme wrote: »
    Go easy will ya. he might not have great eyesight.

i deal with similar myself, I phone him twice and then stop. he knows now that/s the way. He's trained now to phone me back, mostly after one call.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ha Katy, us RCs pray to St Anthony to find items we have lost. But we have to promise also to make a charitable donation.

Hes in a bad area for coverage to be fair but i was going to stand strong on this one even if it meant he didnt get back till dinner time saturday i was going to be preoccupied.

Coverage here is really bad but I will always get a WhatsApp message. My mother had an emergency a few weeks ago. My dads phone was sitting on the table in their house and he was at outfarm. 5 missed calls when I went outside , 1 whatsapp call I answered straight away

ruwithme wrote: »
    Man city 3 goals up against the pool. maybe not a great team after all. 1st team selection too. Hard to see United under fergie days after winning the title (without kicking a ball too) going out and not intent on victory.

Big change from this night last week

Coverage here is really bad but I will always get a WhatsApp message. My mother had an emergency a few weeks ago. My dads phone was sitting on the table in their house and he was at outfarm. 5 missed calls when I went outside , 1 whatsapp call I answered straight away

This man wouldnt be a whatsapper. On another note a friend lost his phone before breeding and was slow to replace it as he had so much peace without it, the wife hadnt a clue what kads were ringing about selling straws for and whatever else ag related calls ended up going to tbe house.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

Big change from this night last week

That's what half a barrel of Guinness a day since will do

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

And then we have to listen to you whinge, which winds us up.

Yea it’s the every guard is crooked or, every nurse is lazy, every teacher is useless rhetoric that’s tiresome.

Like saying about all the money these lads are pilfering from the IFA or such like, easy expenses off the back of the hard working farmers.

Nobody likes to be generalised about.

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea it’s the every guard is crooked or, every nurse is lazy, every teacher is useless rhetoric that’s tiresome.

Like saying about all the money these lads are pilfering from the IFA or such like, easy expenses off the back of the hard working farmers.

Nobody likes to be generalised about.

That never happens of course.
    When you're at an age when all your contemporaries are messed around waiting for procedures, you'll know what I'm referring to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Well I suppose at least on a wet dreary day theres paperwork to cheer us up :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement