Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Omallep2

It could be a 4*2 when he gets home 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Darragh Calleary is our new Ag minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Base price wrote: »

See that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

If the 1 o clock and 9 o clock news were cancelled the taoiseach would be in some state.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Will you be camping?

Bringing our caravan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Reggie. wrote: »
    See that

Does he have a full licence:D

ganmo wrote: »
    Does he have a full licence:D

I'm sure the media will inform us. The auld irish politics is turning into the american fiasco it seems

Reggie. wrote: »
    I'm sure the media will inform us. The auld irish politics is turning into the american fiasco it seems
    There must be fierce pressure coming from Mayo/West of the country for the past few weeks.

There must be fierce pressure coming from Mayo/West of the country for the past few weeks.

Feeling a little left out I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭peterofthebr

is that good for farmers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Same difference I'd say, another inherited seat, probably not as ignorant as Cowan, whether that's a plus or a minus.

He is a career politician so I reckon he will apply himself to the post. Whether that's good for us or not remains to be seen.
    I met him once, I was sitting beside him at the all Ireland replay (2016) and we chatted a bit during half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭148multi

I think the situation ff found themselves in shows a weakness in m Martins negotiation skills and tact. After all Dara is the deputy leader and you didn't see the greens or fg leaving their second in command out in the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

He is a career politician so I reckon he will apply himself to the post. Whether that's good for us or not remains to be seen.
    I met him once, I was sitting beside him at the all Ireland replay (2016) and we chatted a bit during half time.

Never met him, but any time I see him interviewed I always thought him incredibly smarky and just generally unlikeable...

Still, that doesnt mean he wont make a good or bad minister...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Never met him, but any time I see him interviewed I always thought him incredibly smarky and just generally unlikeable...

Still, that doesnt mean he wont make a good or bad minister...

The only plus I see is that western farmers are finally getting their finger out, and doing something.
    They have the minister now, I see it as a huge advantage west of the shannon in the next CAP reform.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

148multi wrote: »
    I think the situation ff found themselves in shows a weakness in m Martins negotiation skills and tact. After all Dara is the deputy leader and you didn't see the greens or fg leaving their second in command out in the cold.

Hes one of the most capable of ff politicians, that's why he was kept back by MM. Has he farming experience.? Hes a very good debate in both irish and english.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Bord Bia audit passed so good to supply quality grass fed beef for another while. !
    Remote audit is handy

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Bord Bia audit passed so good to supply quality grass fed beef for another while. !
    Remote audit is handy

I got a call about my board bia audit is due, are they all remote now? or only some...maybe this has being asked but how does the remote one work ?...is it about scanning animal purchase/remedies, meal dockets , bait records etc.. and emailing them to your auiditor -

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I got a call about my board bia audit is due, are they all remote now? or only some...maybe this has being asked but how does the remote one work ?...is it about scanning animal purchase/remedies, meal dockets , bait records etc.. and emailing them to your auiditor -

They will all be remote for the foreseeable future. You get a list of photos they want you to upload. 24 different categories for dairy farmers. Then they ring you and go through all the questions. Took about 90 minutes here for that.

whelan2 wrote: »
    They will all be remote for the foreseeable future. You get a list of photos they want you to upload. 24 different categories for dairy farmers. Then they ring you and go through all the questions. Took about 90 minutes here for that.

okay sounds fine, so would i send the photos to a phone or website - if phone guess they dont need 4k resolution..:) are the questions like can you send me a pic of xyz etc etc? im beef finisher (yes i know please #prayforus) :P and seems like the furture...today. :D

• Advertisement

Have a county council inspection in a few days, what do they check for?

kevthegaff wrote: »

Size of slurry storage.
    Run off from yard. Silage effluent....

okay sounds fine, so would i send the photos to a phone or website - if phone guess they dont need 4k resolution..:) are the questions like can you send me a pic of xyz etc etc? im beef finisher (yes i know please #prayforus) :P and seems like the furture...today. :D

I took the photos with my phone. Then upload them to a link they send you by text. I uploaded the photos over a few days. It's basically the Sam's questions as a normal audit. Nothing to worry about tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

In our county they're usually are looking for something specific in an inspection. If they detect some pollutant in a sample from a water course near your farm they'll be trying to trace the source of the pollution.
    Make sure your dirty water isn't mixing with your clean water.
    They do drive by inspections here in the summer and inspect then in the winter anything that doesn't look right

whelan2 wrote: »
    Size of slurry storage.
    Run off from yard. Silage effluent....

I have a lip around the silage pit and it's going into a trap and into tank, will that suffice(I was only 24 when the builder put in the silage slab and didnt realise should have gullys!

I have a lip around the silage pit and it's going into a trap and into tank, will that suffice(I was only 24 when the builder put in the silage slab and didnt realise should have gullys!
    We had a similar system on our silage pit but were told that the lip had to be covered by the plastic so that it didn't collect the rain water that came off the plastic - that was 20 odd years ago but I assume it's still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Tell them lot to check out the state of their own shy it before they claim authority over the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭einn32

ruwithme wrote: »
    Tell them lot to check out the state of their own shy it before they claim authority over the rest of us.

No I wouldn't. I would in fact comply with them because they will bring a ****storm down on your farm the likes you never seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭einn32

I would assume it will as it is doing the job. But long term they might want a more robust system of gullys. I think in most instances they are fair as long as you are willing to sort issues etc. If you go against them you're only making things worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Bufferzones on waterways is another possibility. Are you near the watersource for any public supply?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement