Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

einn32 wrote: »
    I would assume it will as it is doing the job. But long term they might want a more robust system of gullys. I think in most instances they are fair as long as you are willing to sort issues etc. If you go against them you're only making things worse.

In this county they give every chance to sort the problems before they report it ''upstairs'' to the department of Ag, The DVO will give every chance too, If either the Council or the DVO bring a farmer to court, you know that farmer has been acting the brat with them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

einn32 wrote: »
    No I wouldn't. I would in fact comply with them because they will bring a ****storm down on your farm the likes you never seen.

Ya I'm open to suggestions, I'm right beside a stream so I have no problem making any necessary changes once they dont break me! I have a tower near the stream, will they want me to change anything to do with this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

https://www.supermacs.ie/job/mystery-taster-supermacs/

Wouldn't that be a lovely job ...... for a month.
    I love Icecream and I detest when someone gives me cream on a dessert

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Ya I'm open to suggestions, I'm right beside a stream so I have no problem making any necessary changes once they dont break me! I have a tower near the stream, will they want me to change anything to do with this

You might need yo put a bund wall. I have a clay one along the river bank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

whelan2 wrote: »
    You might need yo put a bund wall. I have a clay one along the river bank

In case it bursts

• Advertisement

In case it bursts

Ye. It probably wont stop full flow but it looks good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

wrangler wrote: »
    https://www.supermacs.ie/job/mystery-taster-supermacs/

Wouldn't that be a lovely job ...... for a month.
    I love Icecream and I detest when someone gives me cream on a dessert
    With a job that good it's a wonder McDonagh isn't at it himself.

I couldn't get enough cream on a desert!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Bullocks wrote: »
    I couldn't get enough cream on a desert!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

In case it bursts

Or in case the valves on the outlets fail or won't close. Happened to a farmer near Cork city. He had two valves on the pipe from the tower to the sump. One he used every time he was at slurry, the other was seldom closed, only for emergency. One fine sunny summer's day when he left more slurry into the sump,he failed to close either valve. Slurry flowed down local stream and across a crowded beach!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Base price wrote: »
    There’s allot of it lately

Unreal amount of sofas and arm chairs being given away on Facebook at the moment . I'm sure alot of them end up being dumped

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Base price wrote: »

I even love that he tells the lazy hoors to get out of the van and help the woman

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

That's an edited version of the video. There is a long bit of backing edited out. In fairness to the driver she manages it first time.

In the reflection in the van windows is the cameraman holding more than a camera? He seems to get a lot more respect than you would expect. The van could have driven past him and it would take forensics to connect them to the rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

An neighbour who only has a 2 acre field was pestered by some one dumping rubbish in his field. I told him to gather it and store it in a wheelie bin. So we put up.a wild life camera.and caught the culprit. Took the contents of the bin and dumped it in their lawn god the smell of it.
    Hasn't happened in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Poor oul Eamon Ryan and Mattie McGrath seemingly were out on the lash last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Poor oul Eamon Ryan and Mattie McGrath seemingly were out on the lash last night.

What this now??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Panch18 wrote: »
    What this now??

Asleep at role call in the Dail.
    Heavy ol weather, hard to keep the eyes open :=)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Panch18 wrote: »
    What this now??

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Asleep at role call in the Dail.
    Heavy ol weather, hard to keep the eyes open :=)

Your kidding!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

_Brian wrote: »
    I even love that he tells the lazy hoors to get out of the van and help the woman

Every time I hear "i swear to God I'm telling ya the truth i am" out of one of their mouths i know they are skinning lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Shhh, Shhh, Do not disturb - could be to our benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Our landlord got the gutters cleaned here yesterday. I live in a block of 3 houses, and he paid for all 3 to be done. **** me, such a joke of a job I never seen. The gutters were full with grass growing out and easily seen in places from the ground (2 story houses). Been that way ages and badly needed to be done.

Yer man, from one of those shady gutter cleaning companies closely aligned with those shady tarmacadam/shed painting/gate selling people flew up the ladder until he could reach the gutter. Grabbed a handful of crap, and fired it on the footpath. Down the ladder and move to where the next visible bit was and repeat. A child "gathered" up the debris in a bucket and dumped it in the flowerbed of the house across the road!

Doorbell rang. I was working from home and trying to get the child to sleep. "Move the car boss till I get in me ladder". No way says I - I ain't got no keys. He wasn't happy. No if I'd mind moving the car, or could I move it. Just ****ING move it. An order more than a request. Blood boiling now (child crying too).

I heard the ladder go around the house and the whole ordeal was over in 5 minutes. When himself was asleep then, I popped out to look. Disgrace. Wet gungy gutter crap left on the footpath all around, bins and chairs just thrown out of the way, ground destroyed, some on the bonnet of the car even. I flew out to tell them to clean it up and was told "I was only asked to clean the gutter" and off they went.

I am still livid. Shower of ****ers. I bet any money the gutters are still full of ****e, ya just can't see it now. Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Our landlord got the gutters cleaned here yesterday. I live in a block of 3 houses, and he paid for all 3 to be done. **** me, such a joke of a job I never seen. The gutters were full with grass growing out and easily seen in places from the ground (2 story houses). Been that way ages and badly needed to be done.

Yer man, from one of those shady gutter cleaning companies closely aligned with those shady tarmacadam/shed painting/gate selling people flew up the ladder until he could reach the gutter. Grabbed a handful of crap, and fired it on the footpath. Down the ladder and move to where the next visible bit was and repeat. A child "gathered" up the debris in a bucket and dumped it in the flowerbed of the house across the road!

Doorbell rang. I was working from home and trying to get the child to sleep. "Move the car boss till I get in me ladder". No way says I - I ain't got no keys. He wasn't happy. No if I'd mind moving the car, or could I move it. Just ****ING move it. An order more than a request. Blood boiling now (child crying too).

I heard the ladder go around the house and the whole ordeal was over in 5 minutes. When himself was asleep then, I popped out to look. Disgrace. Wet gungy gutter crap left on the footpath all around, bins and chairs just thrown out of the way, ground destroyed, some on the bonnet of the car even. I flew out to tell them to clean it up and was told "I was only asked to clean the gutter" and off they went.

I am still livid. Shower of ****ers. I bet any money the gutters are still full of ****e, ya just can't see it now. Christ
    Pictures on to the landlord before he pays them.
    The sad thing about lads like that is that there is usually very little price difference between the professional, insured and tidy lads and those cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Pay peanuts ya gets monkeys.

Bet they had a good gawk in the windows for valuables too.

giving these people cash work like that is stupid and feeding a growing crime problem. Plus the landlord hardly got a receipt so why did he even bother.

Bullocks wrote: »
    Pictures on to the landlord before he pays them.
    The sad thing about lads like that is that there is usually very little price difference between the professional, insured and tidy lads and those cowboys

They were paid before I got out to them
    _Brian wrote: »
    Pay peanuts ya gets monkeys.

Bet they had a good gawk in the windows for valuables too.

giving these people cash work like that is stupid and feeding a growing crime problem. Plus the landlord hardly got a receipt so why did he even bother.

I got all the blinds closed, except for the kitchen where all they would see was piles of washing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Hate to say it, but if I was living in that house, i would have cleaned them myself by now.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Hate to say it, but if I was living in that house, i would have cleaned them myself by now.

Wasn't allowed. Said I would, landlord said no and under no circumstances to go up a ladder and do it. Thanks for the dig all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Wasn't allowed. Said I would, landlord said no and under no circumstances to go up a ladder and do it. Thanks for the dig all the same

How could they be cleaned right when you wouldn’t move the car out of his way?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement