Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭roosterman71

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    How could they be cleaned right when you wouldn’t move the car out of his way?

He just wanted to let the ladder at a different angle. He still went up, just the angle was a bit steeper. Also, I'd no keys for the car as I said. Mrs was gone away with them in her car and therefore, couldn't move it (probably wouldn't either cos I don't jump to lads ordering me to do things instead of asking). No cars at the other houses, and the same craic went on there with the ****e flung on the ground. No lie, 10 minutes and he was gone and had a row of 3 houses, front and back done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Wasn't allowed. Said I would, landlord said no and under no circumstances to go up a ladder and do it. Thanks for the dig all the same

You're welcome. The auld Covid thing seems to be stressing you. :rolleyes:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Do the gutters myself here at the back of the house from the bucket of the digger. Grass in the gutters bugs me. Got a lad who was doing the windows to do the gutters at the front of the house last year. He had a stick thing that could push the stuff along inside the gutter. He cleaned up after himself

You can get attachment for your power washer too, that's if you have a power washer. :rolleyes:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pressure-85-400-007-Washer-Cleaner-Attachment/dp/B00AZ31G3C

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Has our new Minister made any statements about his portfolio since his appointment. I haven't heard anything but I'm out and about on the farm so maybe I missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

whelan2 wrote: »
    Do the gutters myself here at the back of the house from the bucket of the digger. Grass in the gutters bugs me. Got a lad who was doing the windows to do the gutters at the front of the house last year. He had a stick thing that could push the stuff along inside the gutter. He cleaned up after himself

Its become a bad year for moss too on roofs due to the near constant dampness and lack of sunshine since the start of June:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Base price wrote: »
    Has our new Minister made any statements about his portfolio since his appointment. I haven't heard anything but I'm out and about on the farm so maybe I missed it.

I'd prefer he'd spent a few days familiarising himself with his brief and forming a good working relationship with his two juniors, a thing Cowen seems to have done, before doing anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Hi Buford you never told us farming and forestry had started a swimsuit lone!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Pic taken by Buford in Ballybunion.

And the Models from left to right are - whelan2, Lady Haywire & Base price. :D

• Advertisement

I wish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Accurate white tan for me though arse may be larger than it appears in photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mooooo wrote: »
    Hi Buford you never told us farming and forestry had started a swimsuit lone!
    Bootup wrote: »
    z71dNHl.jpg

The mens line will be announced soon as well.

Sneak preview, just for you:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Shocking carry on - I hope he gets what's coming to him - the thug.

https://www.independent.ie/videos/waste-collection-workers-attacked-by-motorist-in-dublin-39378027.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

Coked off his head id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Odelay wrote: »
    Coked off his head id say.

Hes been identified on Twitter along with the company he works for...I think he'll be calling in sick

Oh was saying yesterday road rage is back ,a lad stuck his finger up at him yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Oh was saying yesterday road rage is back ,a lad stuck his finger up at him yesterday :D

Does this count as road rage? Yesterday I gave a good beep of the horn at a car in front of me who threw rubbish out her window in middle of town. The dirty look she threw me in the mirror lasted a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Its probably why we all should have a dash cam. It may have picked up the litter throwing. Good evidence then

Was a bird in my living room this morning. Thought it was a rst or something. I'd say it was just as scared as I was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

ganmo wrote: »
    Hes been identified on Twitter along with the company he works for...I think he'll be calling in sick

Getting a weapon from the boot is jail time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

There will be murder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

There will be murder

The book of different names for different diseases looks interesting and there's some copies of the book for free for sending in local names of diseases.

https://twitter.com/farmersjournal/status/1284840919804579841?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

jimini0 wrote: »
    There will be murder

I see nothing wrong with it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Got away for a lovely family cycle today, have missed it all over the summer. Really nice picnic afterwards.

Potntzpass to Portadown amd back on the towpath. Such a brilliant facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Was a bird in my living room this morning. Thought it was a rst or something. I'd say it was just as scared as I was

What was it?? Young birds at this time of year often end up getting lost in strange places - we had a young Robin fly into the living room this time last year.

Birdnuts wrote: »
    What was it?? Young birds at this time of year often end up getting lost in strange places - we had a young Robin fly into the living room this time last year.

Wasnt a Robin anyway. Just glad it wasn't a crow or a magpie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Had to pop into Argos in Cavan earlier.
    Was on the phone outside for a While and nearly half of the customers are being let in with no masks.

Staggering disregard for public health measures.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement